Warding and Attunment Question ...

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by addrox, Jun 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

This is where I think this system is flawed. I would have taken out the negative attunement but changed it so that it is the highest of both values. For PvE (once PvE resistances are fixed) this means monsters will scale with this new reality, making it even more of a necessity to train ALL those skills up (top 10 in a tree + Warding), meanwhile for PvP, Casters are getting the short end of the stick because warriors can simply reduce their numbers to almost single digits, and that does not make for fun gameplay.

Mimner, Mac2, addrox and 2 others like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This.

Mimner, Mac2 and addrox like this.
  3. addrox

addrox Avatar

"Warding hasn't made it worse for melee fighters, it has actually made it better for them, but made it even better for fighters who dont mind raising magic too to get the double whammy."

ok gotcha ... all thank you for putting up with my rantings and ravings! ALL the info is much appreciated and clarified a lot for me and hopefully anyone else going forward.

CatherineRose, Mac2 and Barugon like this.
  4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

No problem, not knowing whats going on is frustrating, not just in game, in life. This is why I try and share knowledge of what I can. I dont think we are here to suffer and live in frustration and stress, even though through problems is how we grow and evolve by adapting and overcoming.

5. Mimner

Mimner Avatar

Yeah, the warding changes are a huge boost to melee only builds in pvp. The 'double whammy' you all speak of gives an insane boost to resists, even if your skills with magic will still suck. The up side for the mage is that magic resistance will also severely hamper self healing, but I'm not sure that will out weigh the massive amount of resistance one can stack now.

6. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Same.

7. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I think warding seems to be designed pretty well. You can level up just warding and melee/ranged skills and be effective. You can level up all magic skills and melee skills and be effective at everything but with less resistances.

And for players who want to go hardcore melee/ranged you can also level all magic and warding. Which takes a lot more xp than the other choices and also screws you at being a powerful hybrid able to just switch decks/gear to any magic tree. You can still do it, but your dps is way lower than someone with a higher attunement.

I think that's a pretty good balance. I bet most players won't touch warding and just keep the ability to be more powerful with all the magics.

But for pvp it seems flawed, in general I like it. But definitely gives an edge to non magic pvp builds.

Fister Magee, Ataniiq and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.