1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Warning on exploiting the game

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Noone is allowed to use chain Lightning anymore?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

If the person was actually being named. However the only thing visible for all to see is the Character Name which you could say belongs to Portilarium as it has to be submitted to and approved by them (automatically approved I admit).

Not saying it might not be an issue with data protection, but it would be definately a legal grey area. It's not like they would be publishing your real name or email address.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Nhili Dragon, Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

As far as i am concernd the char name would be already enough.
    Lord British is the best example that the charname and the char story are property of the player. Otherwise we wouldn't have a LB in this game ;-)

Time Lord, Leelu and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  4. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

Well, if you think your character name in a game should have the same legal rights as your actual name, I ain't gonna argue anymore about it. It's getting the thread off topic anyhow.

As for people 'not realising something is an Exploit', - if you find one you will know most of the time, especially if you keep repeating it. I've found one before and after a couple of times to make sure I wasn't being stupid thought 'Opps this ain't working right' stopped and reported it.

I'm sure if someone used an exploit numerous times to gain an massively unfair advantage eg millions in gold - they knew what they were doing and deserve the big ban stick...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Well, on that i can agree.

6. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

So all tamers should be banned because AI pathfinding is bad?

7. Draigo

Draigo Avatar

should be perma bans

8. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Not sure if anyone has addressed this yet but I will,

Being aware of something that is considered exploiting and still using it to pad your xp/crafting/skill/gold or whatever is understandably punishable.

But as the game is still in construction care should be considered before punishing anyone, also a recourse for petitioning is important as well as consideration of other factors such as... is it a revenge reporting... and also... some peoples view of an exploit isn't another persons such as "kiting".

I know I wont exploit, heck I spend enough time posting about things not being right in the game and trying to help get them fixed... would kind of be stupid of me to report issues it would make all my typing pointless :)

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  9. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

But you are free to create a Wikileaks like web site for reporting SotA players! hmmm, not a good idea.

10. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

Um Chris used to do that before final whipe messaging offenders directly letting them know he knew what they were doing and they should stop it.
    After final wipe, the gloves came off, and they started smacking people a bit harder.

I think they tend to give temporary bans and remove the ill gotten gains for first offense.
    People that reported it as potential exploit, were given a bit more leeway.

More extreme cases are given perma bans.

I believe there is atlest one person, that was banished to offline only, long before final wipe.

Nhili Dragon likes this.
  11. disastorm

disastorm Avatar

I certainly hope that changing your memory doesn't actually result in server-side changes to your character.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  12. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

This is a better alternative...and entertaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.