Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Was the nerf to air skill stuns to much?

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by Mac2, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I have 100 in stand you ground (31.3% stun res), 100 in well grounded (25% stun res) and 100 in bolster balance (35% stun res) for a total of 91.3% stun res. I have not been stunned once when I have bolster balance on. If I put on my heavy chest, and gmed my hard headed (25% stun res) that would be 116.3% stun res. With 152 air attunement, and a dex of 107, I get a 76.6% chance to stun with lightning and chain lightning and only 66.6% on discharge. So even before the diminishing returns is even on, and not wearing my heavy armor, I am not able to be stunned by the most powerful air mage in the game right now. For the cost of 4 skills to 100, I can shut down the cc from 11 skills at much higher than 100, because you need to raise all air skills to get good attunement. Am I the only one who thinks this last nerf to air skills was just to much? Keep in mind most people complaining about air magic were doing it in the time that lightning was bugged at 100% stun rate. Maybe just maybe, it would have been better to fix the bug and see what happened than to fix the bug, and hit air with the nerf bat?

Fister Magee and Oba Evesor like this.
  2. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Skills aren't really balanced yet, especially on higher levels. The Swapping decks skill at level 200 for example gives you focus instead of costing it. That said, i think they should just give resistances, the passives at least, a maximum overall. Say 50% for example. This will stop people from being completely immune to one type of damage, unless they use a active skills or craft gear with these resistances. (There are no skills or gear that do this yet, thinking about the future)

So no, i don't think the lowering of stuns on air skills is too much all things considered.

Net, Fister Magee and Oba Evesor like this.
  3. Xail

Xail Avatar

Aren't we sure that's not that air magic is underpowered but that is the sum of the skills you are referring to that are?

in other words...isn't better to nerf a bit "stand your ground", "well grounded", "bolster balance", "hard headed"?

...because otherwise ...for PVE (and in PVP vs opponents that do not use a shield or heavy armour like the majority of bow user for example..)...air magic that is already good will be really too much...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

ah the nerf wheels starts spinning even before final wipe LOL, this will go on for years with - "I used this and it was fine" the other guy - "this skill is so over powered it is not even funny" - "why did oyu nerf my template" - "Nerf wiffle bats they hit to hard" . . . . . . .

The game is not anywhere near close to any type of balance so skills are going to teeter totter all over the place.

Game is still in development.

Oba Evesor likes this.
  5. Xail

Xail Avatar

...just curious...if not when the Game is still in development when is people supposed to give feedback to start balancing the game?

6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Now is a good time :)

It's a continuous work in progress.

Welcome!

7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

"...just curious...if not when the Game is still in development when is people supposed to give feedback to start balancing the game?"

Exactly. This post is data for the devs. Take away the shield, and just use hard headed and well grounded, add in what I THINK will be 10% stun res on the heavy helm, and you still end up at 60% stun res, that only gives 16.6% stun chance on the first hit of lightning or chain lightning of stunning. Let us not forget about diminishing returns adding 20%, and being able to be stacked 5 times.

8. RedRust

RedRust Avatar

I don't actually know the math on the mechanics of this stuff, but ......
    Just change the stacking to some form of multiplicative instead of additive? (25% stun resist from one thing + 25% stun resist from another /= 50% but rather like ~44%)

Don't simply subtract stun resist from stun chance? (75% stun chance against 50%stun resist should not simply result in 25% stun chance)

You could also work it multiplicatively here as well. 75% stun chance gets reduced by 50% resist (one-half) to 37.5% chance to stun.

I'm not saying this IS the way, but from what the OP is saying I really don't like how it currently works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.