Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Water gathering Yields based on water source type suggestion

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by Lace, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

It is mind numbingly boring to sit at a well gathering water one bucket at a time. (It is an improvement from paying for it though which makes no sense).

With these things said should not the yield be dependent on the source type

• Small Cinerous fountain 1 (since irl money maybe 2)
    • Larger Cinerous fountain 3
    • Crafted Fountain and Water Well 5 (since a larger footprint in deco more from it)
    • Make a Difference Wishing Well 7-10
    (or some type of yield rate like this)

This helps support water.org and the cinerous from the add on store for game development dollars and helps relieve the already tedious task that agriculture is but also supports realism a bit. The larger the well or ones with special properties yield more since they take up more space in a piece of land or pot.

I know this is all new, but some suggestions.
    @Chris @DarkStarr

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  2. mass

mass Avatar

Are you sure we want more 'get advantage by paying real dollars' stuff?

3. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

As an owner of a Make a Difference Wishing Well, I would certainly be advantaged of this proposal. But I think the IRL purchases already cause a good bit of imbalance in the game as is. I'd much rather favor other suggestions for adding a UI where you can queue 20 buckets at a time and let it go.

4. Lace

Lace Avatar

Thats cool enjoy your getting one at a time then (wink) The crafted suggestion was a 5 yield with the charity item giving the 10 and again it was just a suggestion

but since it involves irl dollars we will just stick with the one at a time so equality and boredom for all YAYYYYY

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  5. Selene

Selene Avatar

Or maybe a boost to buckets gathered by wearing the water cloak. :p

Even better would be to summon a water ekemental and have her water the plants for me....or cast healing rain and water all the plants in an area.

Honestly, I would be happy with just a water queue like the crafting one. I could alt tab to the forums and wait it out..

I like Lace's idea.. but I am not sure if source type will be effected by the future change of "amount stored based on local rainfall"... because obviously a well would hold more than a birdbath when it rains. :D

moko and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  6. Numa

Numa Avatar

Should be craftable

[​IMG]

7. Selene

Selene Avatar

It was mentioned somewhere about rain barrels as an eventuality. I look forward to it!

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Numa like this.
  8. Sephros

Sephros Avatar

Yes please. The single gather rate is brutal. Planting 90 cotton means I gather 270 for a full cycle. That's almost 36 minutes of just hitting E over and over at a well.

9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

It's like they are encouraging us to search out macro solutions! :D It would be nice to have a faster way of getting water.. I think the suggestion to set like 20 at a time would help.

mass likes this.
  10. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

How about having Crafted Buckets of varying size. If you have no bucket, using a water source gives you 1 unit of water.

Small Crafted Buckets give you 2 units of water.
    Medium Crafted Buckets give you 4 units of water.
    Large Crafted Buckets give you 8 units of water.

Units of water can be adjusted, but basic premise is in place. If you use a Large Bucket on a Water Source it is filled to 8/8. Let's say you go plant 3 seeds and water them. Your Large Bucket is now at 2/8. You can plant and water one more thing, just water 2 more, or go fill the bucket back up to 8/8.

Bonus if the buckets can double as Deco. Of course, that is really the only value in having multiple sizes - otherwise everyone will always get the biggest ones. Unless they are made artificially more difficult to produce or have diminishing returns on something like Weight Carry. Maybe the large bucket holds twice what the medium does but it weighs quadruple. I dunno.

This levels the advantage to in-game accessible items and places the workload on carpenters to make buckets.

11. mass

mass Avatar

I don't have a problem with different productions from different sources, but there should be equivalency between the store and in-game options in terms of production. Store items are supposed to be 'prettier' not 'advantageous'. Although, I think the 'bucket que' UI solution is probably better, with max water draw per day limits depending on the size of the water source.

12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Rivers should give 50 buckets :)

uhop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.