Water Magic, what am i doing wrong?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morph, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morph

Morph Avatar

Hi Avatars!

I reported a bug with my water magic, but as i speak to more people they do not seems to have the same issue I have with duration on the slow effects. Does anyone here know if im doing something wrong?

These are the spells i speak about, and how they are for me:

Ice Arrow lv. 40
    Tooltip says 33.7% slow for 8.5 second - For me the duration is 0.5-1.0 seconds.

Ice Field lv. 40
    Tooltip says: 44.9% slow for 16.2 seconds - for me the duration is 0.5-1.0 seconds.

I've tried both spells on Wolf, Earth Elements, Skeletons, Spiders and Sathirs. The effect is the same, even tried on green monsters to me, and nothing changes.

I am using a bow and leather armor, not that i can see this should have any affect on the spells.

Does anyone you know what i might be doing wrong? Anyone have the samme issues?

As for me, the spells are close to useless as the slow is off before i can even shoot another arrow. I know i got a slow from my bow skills, and that works perfectly, but i would really want these slows in my arsenal, but since they only last for a blink of an eye, they are more or less rendered useless to me.

Please share any information that you might have that can help me. Thank you in advanced.

Numa and Stundorn like this.
  2. eli

eli Avatar

Ice field: was recently changed to affect targets any time they are inside the area, rather than being a one-time ability. For me the effect lasts longer than 1s after they leave the circle, but probably not 16s. Maybe that is the duration that the field stays up? I usually kite in a circle to keep mobs in it.

Ice arrow: I'm at 92 with 116 attunement, the duration is much longer than 1 second for me. Ice arrow is 5/40 combat glyphs in that slot for me and usually target stays slow permanently.

In general, tool tips everywhere are fake news.

Stundorn and GreyMouser Skye like this.
  3. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I'm probably wrong but I believe those tool-tips for spells are a Base amount that the spell can do. I don't think it reflects a mobs ability to resist the given spell. So, even though you have 8.5 seconds that a mob can be slowed down with Ice Arrow, their resistance to that spell only yields .5-1.0 secs for you. This will definitely go up the higher your level in that spell, and your Water Attunement gets. As far as Ice Field, the 16.2secs is how long the spell stays in effect, not how long it slows down a mob. This is me guessing, so, hopefully, someone can clarify/correct what I said.

4. Morph

Morph Avatar

No your wrong the field has a duration and the slow effect has one. I typed the slows duration, the fields duration is 20,5 sec...

I tried, as Said in my post on Lots of different mobs the effect is the same slow is the same.. so I don't think resist is the issue unless all monsters had same resisi

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  5. Morph

Morph Avatar

But what am I doing wrong then?? The duration time has increased since level 1 but now, 40 levels after it's just the same as level 1.. like half a second.. so what do I need to do to make these spells useful? Level 1 or 40 is the same to me..

If I cast ice arrow they loose their slow before next arrow hit :(

I just now tried to equip a bow with 20 water atunement and ring with 10 so I have twice the attunment still the same, now I got 62 and still the same??

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  6. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Try to ask Antrax Artek hi is good water mage, i think he can make clear info about this.

Morph likes this.
  7. Morph

Morph Avatar

In addition the slow effect on my disabling shot has never been an issue and the duration is exactly as the tooltip says so why is water an issue? I'm lost and confused on this :/

8. Morph

Morph Avatar

Cool thanks I'll try :) :)

9. eli

eli Avatar

My guess is it's based on attunement

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Other possibility is you are experiencing something the others are not. You might need to make a video to prove it.

11. Morph

Morph Avatar

I dunno how to make a video... =P

12. Morph

Morph Avatar

Yes that might be, but what is the issue then? i cant seems to find anyone who can shed the light on this

13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Me neither, but it sounds like you're going to have a hard time getting it in front of peoples eyes otherwise. As a bug, they need to be able to replicate it, so you have to provide some way for them to be able to see it on a development machine or they won't have any idea how to fix it.

14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Can you show a screenshot of your water skill tree and it's levels?

15. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I'm a decent Water Mage: Ice Arrow - 101, Attunement- (with all my gear and buffs) 175+, 85 Ice Field, 140+ INT(which may be another limiting factor of the effects of your spell). There were problems with Ice field but I think those have been fixed. There is also an issue with Ice Fist. If you use Ice Fist while a mob is under the effects of Ice Arrow, it will dismiss those effects and not replace it with Ice Fist effects. As I said, the listed durations for spell effects are different for me based on what creature I'm fighting. Some creatures, even now, will shrug off the effects of Ice Arrow, while others will grind down to a crawl. When I was low level like you are I had the same issue where creatures would barely be affected by my spells. I said 'I'm probably wrong...', because I'm guessing. My main point was that there are many factors involved with how a mob is affected by your spells. If you think you are bugged you could report it though. They will let you know whether it is intended or not.

16. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

it\s the same for all spells like my root for example says 16s root but is like 1s on stronger creatures while feeble creatures are rooted for a long time
    stats and attunement worked in

Numa, Stundorn and Sorthious like this.
  17. Morph

Morph Avatar

Here is a video of my Ice arrow

Here is a video of my Ice field

You can see both goes off after 2ish seconds while the tooltip says much longer..

18. Morph

Morph Avatar

Yeah but the videos i posted here are the same no matter what i face, same duration - skeletons, kobolds, earth elements, spiders, wolf, bears, bandits are the once i tried - some green some yellow, always same time.

While i use my Disabling Shot from range combat, its the same slow no matter the monsters and its the duration the tooltip says.

19. Morph

Morph Avatar

Posted videoes instead :)

Stundorn and Fister Magee like this.
  20. Morph

Morph Avatar

Posted them now, they are here in the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.