Waterfronts for non Founders and more Pirat stuff!!!

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Edward Newgate, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

That is only for R15 to mitigate the effect of people claiming water lots and then can't place houses on them.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  2. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes but you also probably will need to trade your founder deed for their benefactor deed.
    Which is no worry if you never intend to claim a waterfront lot, like soooo many others.

4. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

5. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Ahah! Thank you folks for the link. The full quote is:

"Starting in R15 only Citizen Founders (or higher) can claim water lots." [emphasis supplied]

That does not mean *only* in R15 - unless a dev says it's only in R15.

Apologies for being a pest on this point. Didn't want to "lawyer" on it. But I wanted to read the full quote and in context. The complete quote is:

"Water Lots: For R14, Water Lot claiming is available to all players who have Village Lot Deeds (or larger). Starting in R15 only Citizen Founders (or higher) can claim water lots."

6. Raven Swiftbow

Further, the reason I am so interested in this answer is that I have a friend who just adores the village water cabana - but he is not a founder. I've told him that I would give him one of my cabanas, but if this holds through release, then he would not be able to use the cabana. I need to know how much I need to pressure him to merge with a founder account!

7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I can appreciate this. But after spending some time roaming over the waterfront homes, especially the boats, I would much rather have a land house because there is more variety and MUCH more space in most cases. Notable exceptions for the Duke and higher lots which is too much space. It's subjective though.

8. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Correct. You will need a Founder deed to claim a water lot so you would need to trade deeds

9. Raven Swiftbow

Thank you very, very much for the clarification, DarkStarr! *does the happy dance for my friend* (No reason not to trade my founder village lot deed for his benefactor village lot deed.)

Tahru and Noctiflora like this.
  10. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I heard about this thread from a guildmate in game.

The problem is non founders taking water front property before founders (who had it included in their pledge). So if a regular deed can be placed on a water lot (even if they have no water lot house), then non founder barons would be able to place on town waterfront property before Founder Lords etc etc.

Is it possible that they could open up water lots to everybody with a normal lot deed after the founders place? That way a normal town lot can place on a town water front property and the founders can sell their waterfront House Deeds to them, but keep their rentfree lot. That is if there are any water lots left. Seems only fair that all founders be able to place their lots first. Then there would be no problem with a benefactor or anybody else who aquires a lot could place it on a waterfont property, and then buy the house from a founder willing to sell their water lot houses.

However I don't mind Port. selling water lot deeds for gold on housing vendors, so players can attain them in game if they manage to place a waterfont property, and aren't a royal founder.

Tahru likes this.
  11. Raven Swiftbow

Isaiah [MGT] and Tahru like this.
  12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I should have some to sell as well, most likely I'll place on a vendor.

Lord Baldrith and Tahru like this.
  13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Behold the power of the Spoon, Amber Raine, it can predict the actions of DarkStarr even in the midst of the veils of Chaos.
    Muahahahahhohoho*cough*tihi.

Nope.
    If they are citizen or above (like Edelman/Edelfrau) then they would also claim a "benefactor rent-free village lot deed". So as long as you make sure it is the original deed and not one purchased with gold you will be fine.

Tahru and Miracle Dragon like this.
  14. Raven Swiftbow

Ah, that is correct, Spoon. Thanks for the reminder.

Tahru likes this.
  15. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

I still think benefactors should get a chance to pick up a water lot if some are left unused after founder placement - who will pick them up otherwise? Founders still get to pick the prime lots and have a free house to place there so we are still not getting the same benefit as founders (plus getting the house would either be a costly ingame or addon item).

The argument for buying a cheap founder pledge is not a very good one for me right now, I asked about this and found my only option was to buy a patron pledge for around $60 or so more than a new one costs (lower ones don't come on the market often). I have an edelmann pledge and a couple of addons and have spent enough already, if another addon worthwhile appears I may spend more, I have no desire to move to knight as apart from the house it has the same village lot and nothing else that interests me.

I would get some founder items as well but stretching another $280 or so (what was being asked - this was the cheapest pledge, others cost way more) is just going a bit too far for me right now.

I can't see many founders with no interest in a water lot claiming one unless a village deed is not their main deed - why would you buy and hold onto a lot in the hope of selling it to someone else and lose out on the chance to place in your preferred spot while you do? In fact you could wind up having to take that water lot you hold as your other options may disappear while waiting - land will go fast at row and village levels in the best spots.

I can see there being unclaimed water lots now at release with no way for anyone to take them.

In fact from the mid to end of last release a few water lots were still available when nothing else appeared to be in other towns if you went far enough around the lands in Port Mirren.

Another issue here is POTs, what if a POT owner wants a beachfront section to the POT with water lots and then finds he can't get tenants in to take them as he did not arrange for tenants prior to launch?

I can understand them being limited and there being restrictions on obtaining them during lot claiming phase, but not after.

Ice Queen and Tahru like this.
  16. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I too, am interested in role-playing a pirate! Arrrharharhar! ;-)
    Fortunately I am a Royal founder, and will perhaps be the first outlander pirate on the New Britannian Seas!

Thanks for the great housing designs! I hope these are taken into consideration in the future.

Waterfront housing is indeed a founder-only reward. However, Episode 2 should Kickstart soon after episode 1 is released!
    Then we'll have a whole new opportunity to 'perhaps' obtain some sort of 'founder-like' status where new water lot deeds may be obtainable?
    Secondly, if/when the boating stretch goal is completed (and i hear rumor, whether it is completed or not it will eventually be added in a future episode),
    more waterfront housing will surely be a must in that future episode!

Remember, it is when pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves.

So If you 'missed the boat' - do not fret,
    for 'tis better to swim in the sea below
    Than to swing in the air and feed the crow.
    See you in Davie Jones' Locker, mate.

p.s. 'Don't lawyer me bro' AKA: "The Code is more like guidelines, really."

17. Floors

Floors Avatar

The waterfront housing, with the possible exception of the lighthouse, is really not that great anyway.

There are only 3 types on village. They're all smaller than a land lot. I would expect it to be the last lot placed by most people.

I get you want to be a pirate but, you know you can't really be a pirate until we have ships anyway :)

Ice Queen likes this.
  18. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

Want more pirate stuff.....

And ya I have a boat.

The Cult Leader likes this.
  19. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Many will not want a waterfront homes however over time many will.

Has there been any consideration to allow Royal founders and founders by account with a Player Owned Town to place as many waterfront lots as they wish so other players who are not RF or F to rent them? By this I mean For a RF or F to use a regular village deed or better to place the water front lot and then use a waterfront home deed on that lot. After all, as RF and F's we have more home deeds than lot deeds.

20. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

who's to say there won't be new founder type pledges when episode two goes into its kickstarter phase? I imagine that they won't keep building water front property without people being able to use it. I don't want waterfront property that's for sure.

When they first announced water front property the vast majority of the community thought it meant we have our house and if we are lucky enough to find a waterfront space we can place an addition on the water. When I found out that wasn't the case, then waterfront property became useless to me unless I want to place a smaller less cool house for some reason, and I suppose if others don't want waterfront homes it is because they feel the same. If waterfront properties became rares I still don't want to place a residence on one.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.