Ways (means) of communication or Lacking are starting to become a detriment to player base, Streams

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

My point is simply that the livestreams are during a time-frame that most of us consider the workday. If he wants to get up 5:00 AM and wrap up by 2:00 PM, more power to him.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok people S T O P ,

when he works and what he is doing is irrelevant.

The point is there should be ONE and ONLY one major point of communication and a Stream is NOT it.

If he wants to waste time (BTW it was early in the afternoon EST, so noonish CST, piss poor time management, (true it could have been a 10 minute side thing to break up work but I doubt it)) checking out a contest and its progress go for it, stream it, but do not try and make streaming the only point of communication. It should be nothing but entertainment and showing off some of what I done NOT a way to receive, reply to, work on serious, . . . . .

Yes there is a value to streaming but the LEAD DEVELOPER should not be using it trying to save a game that has hundreds of MAJOR issues and HUNDREDS of uncompleted parts.

Arcanoxer and Mordai like this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

and many morning even earlier than that

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

The daily standup notes has resumed.

Sentinel2 and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Asari

Asari Avatar

They plan to send out an email? Maybe they should unban the people they banned for no good reason. I know many. Ridiculous practice for years up until a few months ago.

btw: here is another site with daily numbers and graphs: https://steamdb.info/app/326160/graphs/

6. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

@Chris @DarkStarr
    I feel that Chris streaming seems important in this "Modern World" as a means of getting Shroud "out there to a wider audience".
    I am Old-School & prefer this Forum as an Official/Central avenue to communicate all Good Things, to the Current Player Base but I would surmise, that Twitch Streams are an effective way to "introduce Shroud" to a Tech savvy type of audience, who would otherwise not even glance here on the "Official Shroud Forums".

But from "this" players point of view, who often has to watch Chris' streams (mainly due to timezone & work commitments), hours after they have occurred, PERSONALLY, I offer the following feedback:

PROS:
    1. Most importantly.... It is awesome that you take the time to answer player questions on the stream/or creating notes/Jira for these questions. This adds a feeling of "players being heard " Which has felt rather lacking since Berek left the Team :) It gives HOPE that some long-time reported issues, that have been repeatedly been posted have been heard & WILL actually be resolved!
    2. Your Streams DO illicit a feeling of Shroud Devs being "Humans" via the Stream. (With Work Tasks & RL issues/Lives to Live = sometimes they are taking a break/vacation etc)
    3. Your Streams reinforce something that 1st attracted me to Shroud, that THIS Team DO actually listen/communicate & take action when deemed necessary to concerns raised by the Community. I had never witnessed such "Dev"/player interaction anywhere, since my early days in UO when Callandryll was heavily involved with communicating between the Devs & the UO Forum Community.
    4. Your offerings of raffle prizes to keep viewers interest = who doesn't like to win a prize!
    5. I admire the fact that you do your streams, "in your own/personal time", AFTER you have completed a full day of Shroud work! 2+ Hours of Streams, almost daily, is a HUGE amount of Personal Time you are dedicating! So Kudos to You @Chris
    6. Content of the Streams?... Hmmm... Content is BOTH a Pro & Con...= Sometimes Good, Sometimes OK, Sometimes quite Meh, Sometime Fast Forward (on catch-up viewing)... See Below in #6 CONS...
    7. There are SO MANY questions fired at you everyday for problems/issues/balancing/bugs etc & often issues that "You" thought had been addressed in the past. So You note them & keep the Question List for for Team address/action.
    8. When you Stream on Twitch, your streams occur at the same time, which seems to attract a good amount of viewers.

The following is feedback on the above mentioned "# PROS:".....

CONS:
    1. Answering Questions & initiating notes/Jira, keeping the List of asked questions, seems very positive BUT if the fixes/solutions never appear in-game, then all of the Goodwill created will be negated & cause Negative Feedback Because of Players STILL feeling unheard as "Our own Personal Time" has been wasted if We made an effort to be online (out of CST Time Zone & should have been working/sleeping) when the Steam was Live. It must be remembered that Shroud is a Global Game & the Players are not only US Based....
    2. I offer no feedback on #2 because Chris connecting with the Viewers/Community is definitely a Positive endeavor! There are NO negatives in this respect, but it all depends on the eventual outcomes...
    3. Communication between Devs & the Current Community is VITAL, so as to NOT lose any of the current Backers (Large & Small) But Trying to garner New Interest is a Positive Objective too, as all of the Current Players "Do Know" that the Player Base needs to be increased to ensure the ongoing continued Development & to the overall success of Shroud! P.S. Plz find Callandryll or someone similar to deal with Official Forum Feedback :p
    4. Offering Prizes for watching? = No real feedback from Me = Who doesn't like the chance to win a Prize! The Raffle/Prize offering are a great incentive to keep watching.... *See #7 below....
    5. Streaming in Your Personal Time? = No real feedback from Me Except.... Kudos @Chris *BUT See #6&7 below....
    6. & 7. This feedback is a MAJOR NEGATIVE..... Watching the Stream (later in my Time Zone sometimes,) the content is often something that has to be "endured", fast forwarded through (Hoping I don't miss the tid-bits of info/updates as to what is going on) I am a Loyal 1 Year plus Player/investor & having to Listen to the stream after it has ended, while I am doing something else & sometimes feeling the need to fast-forward a bit, cos it is Chris assigning yet another Lot in Mount Madir over & over, or Chris staring at a wall or a Mail box whilst talking is Taxing.... I cannot imagine how this sort of content will actually attract ANY New Players to Shroud? @Chris Just full screening Yourself (Even pre-recorded, taking NO new Questions) & going through the 100's of Questions that have already been asked & either actioning them or saying "NO, we cant do this because..." It would be great to hear you addressing all of the questions the Players have sent you so far....
    7. <Should be 8. = #7 commented on above
    8. Your Streams seem to attract a smattering of New Viewers.... are they New Viewers who Currently play the game or Genuine New Viewers from Outside the Game? Either way, Chris' streams predominantly attract those who are able to view because of their convenient Time-Zone. No matter how vocal the US Players voices are, it MUST be remembered that Shroud is a Global Game, with many time-zones, & NO part of the Player Base should be any more entitled or Less Important to information, than any other Player....
    LASTLY.... To resolve 9/10ths of the Players/Posters Gripes in this thread, about where & How information is disseminated/distributed....

DEVS, @Chris @DarkStarr PLEASE consider that....
    RIGHT HERE, IS THE "OFFICIAL PLAYER FORUM", where all News, Tid-bits of 'goings on by the Team', should be the PRIORITY CENTRAL COMMUNICATION BASE .

*gets off Her Soapbox & slinks away & crawls under her rock, to avoid the possible of Hatred/Negativity that could be slung Her way, for her own feedback/opinion, especially as a non-US Player....*

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Cyin, Arcanoxer and Weins201 like this.
  7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

TY

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  8. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Synergy Blaize

Well peaking of modern communications, something like a real dev blog would be cool, and I don't mean a forum thread set up as a "dev blog", where its public facing and there isn't one thread for posts and one for comments, or something mixed in with the updates, but something set up as a blog.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Synergy Blaize likes this.
  9. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Not sure what is going on some people must be off their meds or something. I share people's frustration at times with clarity of communication sometimes and even design ideas but the way people are reacting seems moronic and childish at times. I dare anyone to point to a dev team that interacts, listens, or allows the community access as this one. I get being critical of the game but attacking devs on their knowledge or passion for this project needs to calm down. Clearly the devs have developed thick skin for unconstructive feedback, because I would of pulled the plug months ago. The funniest thing is the ones who complain constantly without any real feedback play the game constantly. To them take a break, play something else for a bit.

Scanphor likes this.
  10. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I just feel that somewhere, there needs to be a Central Location where important goodies needs to be posted for the Current Player Base.
    Whether that is here on the Official Forum or elsewhere, those of of who are time poor (for 2 hour streams) or in a different timezone than the Live Stream, it's all good!...
    There needs to be a Central Location, that the Whole Community can access for all of the info that is scattered via alternative mediums...

11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

There are roughly 700-800 accounts killing monsters on average daily

According to that our avg player count hasnt dipped but new characters created on avg was like 30 a day last month, but they obviously arent all sticking around.

jschoice and Scanphor like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

He is doing the Stand-ups again per request so that should help.

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Kickstarter, just like Portalarium did.

14. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Glad to see the Stand up notes have started again. Good move !

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

I'm pretty sure Kickstarter is played out at this point, folks kept taking money and failed to release games or released sub-par games that were substantially different than advertised and folks felt like they were getting burnt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.