We are losing people

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bahamut Arc, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

In less than a week we lost some really good players out there. Loyal backers that played with us since release 1. Since Berek want us to write Only threads that asks for something or else he will lock the thread, what Port will do about losing players? And remember, by players i mean people that once believed and enjoyed Uo and Sota. The players that made sota kickstart a sucess. We are just something to be discarded? Or Port will really do something about that soon?

@Berek

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no, we're losing loud people. you have no idea what the normal rate of getting new players and losing old ones is, because most of them don't make such a fuss before they go.

3. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

Yes, we are. Did you checked the charts of players? Did you even know you can check one? im not happy to know that we are losing players, Even Berek said we werent because we had a lot of players within the Free Trial... guess what? "1100 new trial users and more than 200 spent 2+ hours". And from those we dont even know how many survived... Yes, we are losing players, good players, loud players, bad players, players.

4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Most of the ppl that have left have also stated it was just the forums, and that they'd be playing as an alt...

In fact, I used to post a lot... and haven't much recently, due to moderation... the same reason some have left the forums.

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

People come and go all the time and will continue to do so. This is part of the natural process. Everyone has their own reasons.. some will blame the devs.. some will blame the game.. some will have other reasons.

The loud ones seem to want everyone to join in their perceptions and make it a bigger deal than it is.

chaoticbeej, Thwip, fonsvitae and 6 others like this.
  6. DooMAGE

DooMAGE Avatar

Its normal ppl sometimes take a break or leave, but I think that more and more players are joining.
    This week 5 friends of mine purchased the game.

Also making this threads is just fuel for Internet Drama.. lmao.

7. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

It's not that a few people leave the game, that happens all the time and new players join the game, It's that some of those who are here from the beginning and were invested in the game, fought for it, defended it have left. Losing such people hurts much more than losing 50 players who never speak out for the game and are not emotionally invested in it. It's a message that those long-time fans have given up.

8. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

Month

Avg. Players Gain % Gain Peak Players
    Last 30 Days 160.0 +2.8 +1.79% 299
    March 2017 157.2 -4.2 -2.59% 309
    February 2017 161.4 +1.3 +0.80% 293
    January 2017 160.1 +11.1 +7.42% 302
    December 2016 149.1 -23.4 -13.59% 264
    November 2016 172.5 -22.2 -11.38% 311
    October 2016 194.7 -51.5 -20.94% 392
    September 2016 246.2 -110.7 -31.02% 468
    August 2016 356.9 +277.7 +350.67% 603

Thats the last chart.
    From August 2016 to today... Really guys? The lost... a lot of players

Alexander, Ice Queen, Salix and 2 others like this.
  9. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

We lost more than 50% of players. Thats a lot for me

10. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Yes! We demand ice cream or more will leave! Well, probably not me, I like playing the game. More so than any other game in the past decade probably. Despite the %&@ %*!&#% hitching. Which reminds me of the OP...Port, perhaps you could do something about the %&@ %*!&#% hitching? *eye twitches*

Oh, never mind that twitch, it's from all the hostility in the forums. ...and the %&@ %*!&#% hitching.

11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

No, the "loud" ones are the obvious ones. My father who is never on the fourms is one. I prefer passionate over loud, people get emotionally envolved true enough.

Loud was darkstarr word for it and ive never agreed with that label. To me its the same as using the term ********.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  12. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I just saw one of the forum leavers online with their main char today.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Arc like this.
  13. Lained

Lained Avatar

These are Steam stats and don't account for players switching to the game client.

Edit: Also there was a bump from persistence when players hopped in to snag their lots during the land rush and are now waiting for commercial release, I wouldn't worry about the size of the player base as we're still in development and Portalarium isn't pushing for new players.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I want to say don't worry, but it is difficult to see people leave especially at a lot of turning points of this game. But nothing is over, they can definitely come back later if the game takes a course they like. And Yes people will come and go and come back again if the game gets something improved later that they want to see. ;) It's been happening since 2013. ;) I left for 5 months because my mother was ill, not by choice in my case, but this roller coaster ride gets tiring sometimes and intolerable to some when they doubt it too much. I want to say something from a relationship course I took, and it isn't necessarily the truth either, just one way to look at it that can quiet a mind a bit. Now remember it is not the truth. 'There is nothing to fix or change. It is going the way it should, to see what there is to see'. *cheers*

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

No, we demand a game. If you are really happy about the game, im happy for you. This Thread is not about whining. Is about a really real thing that is happening with Sota. And i love it enough to be a pain in the ass and hope for something to be done

16. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

356.9 was an increase of 277.7 from the previous month, 350.67%. that means in july we had 79.2, and now we have 160.0. we've doubled.

17. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

One important point is game optimization, i see it every single release that the loading times and frame rate are getting better.. but in game, despite my good computer the game keeps with fps drops. I really hope some good optimization changes in r41

18. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

Steam stats is almost every new player in Sota or dual players. Thats our new players, Sir

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  19. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

What I see in many threads and this thread also is people attacking other people instead of defending the game. Calling people loud or toxic or whatever is discrediting and dismissing people instead of countering with facts about the game. People that do this are doing the same thing they claim to be against.

20. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

I'm glad you love it too! Not sure at all how you think this thread contributes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.