We have lost our dear friend, Lacey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Onyx, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

It is with great sadness that I must relay that our beloved Lacey has lost her battle with cancer. She passed early this morning in her sleep with her aunt and uncle at her bedside. To us, EVL, Lacey was a friend, extraordinary decorator, confidant, counselor, and guildmate. I can honestly say that I have never known anyone that I had not actually met in person who has had such an effect on me, and others. When she delivered bad news that she had received from her doctor she actually comforted those around her. "It'll be okay". "I've got this". If I heard them once I heard them 100 times. She had nothing but friends in this community and in her real life. She enriched our lives each day and we are all poorer since her passing. We'll miss you, Lacey. Godspeed, my dear.

Edit:

It has been approximately 36 hours since I began this post. In that time I have many times become overwhelmed by the incredible responses the members of this community have posted.

Here is a quote from her father who saw the posts similar to these on Lacey's facebook page.

"Our family has known for many years how special Lori was to all of us. We just realized how special she was to all of you, her friends. We want to Thank everyone for all the sincere comments and the show of feelings that all of you have shown for Lori. Thank you so very much."

He had no knowledge of "this" community of friends. I can say little except:

Thank You

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  2. Caree Death

Caree Death Avatar

My dear, sweet Lacey... There is so much to say, but not enough words to describe the loss of such a beautiful woman, inside & out. The first night I spoke with Lacey, we talked for hours & I instantly knew we would be great friends. She's got such an amazing personality and she was always just so sweet & easy to get along with. We became best friends and even dubbed ourselves "Little Sis" & "Big Sis". She made such a huge impact on my life, as well as many others.. It amazes me to think of how quickly I fell in love with her, and how many other people feel the same. I'm very very thankful to have been able to enjoy her friendship, even if it was just for a short while. I will love & miss her until the end of time... :(

3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

A kinder and more pleasant person could not have been found. A tragedy and a great loss for us all.

4. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Rest in peace, my lady.

5. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Reminded we need to stop and look around us and appreciate each other...one never knows...

RIP

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  6. Charlesscott1103

Charlesscott1103 Avatar

I never had the pleasure of meeting Lacey, but everything everyone says about her proves she was an amazing human being and a wonderful friend to a lot of people. I grieve for all of you and my heart sinks knowing that another beautiful soul has left us too soon.

7. Cupid

Cupid Avatar

I find I am barely able to write this. Just the thought of losing her brings such strong emotion to my heart, I can hardly stand it. I'd known Lacey as a close confidante, I could share anything with her. She was always there to listen, always there to help, and shared so much of her love with us all. I will miss her greatly, I can only take solace in the wonderful guild mates that I have to console me at this most awful time. The thought of never hearing her voice again brings tears to my eyes. I'll end this hear with saying she will always hold a place in my heart. Love you Lace.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  8. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

I'm sorry to read this. My best wishes go with her family and friends. I'm sure she will not be forgotten.

9. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Awww, she'll be missed. :(:(:(

Thank you Onyx for informing us about this news.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh this is such sad news. I am truly sorry to hear of her passing. I am sorry I did not get to meet her. May she Rest in Peace and be in a very happy place. My condolences to all in this sad time.

11. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I can only echo what others have so eloquently stated. Although I did not have the privilege of knowing her personally, it is so obvious that she was a wonderful and well loved person. My sincere condolences to family, friends and guildmates who are struggling with this very hard time.
    *hugs*

12. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I am so sorry. Lacey was a wonderful human being. My heartfelt condolences to friends and family.

13. ManaPlow

ManaPlow Avatar

I too am sorry I never met her, but I felt like I knew her through her wonderful SotA YouTube videos. She seemed to be a devoted member of the community, and willing to help all by sharing her experiences, tips and advice. I am saddened that I will not be able to meet her in-game, and will remember her with fondness.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  14. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

I'll miss her voice in chat and the help she offered to anyone that was in need. God Bless Lacey She was a fighter.

15. Briar Vesper

Briar Vesper Avatar

Bye bye lacey I enjoyed my time I had with you and hope to meet you when I get to heaven.
    Briar.

16. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Her passing is such sad news. May her family and friends know they will be in our thoughts.

17. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I'm sorry to hear this news. My sympathies go out to her friends and family

18. Makaryus Drach

Makaryus Drach Avatar

Very sorry to hear this. All the best wishes to her friends and family.

19. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Losing a loved one is never easy
    We've never met but bless you Lacey

Continuing community
    in memory and like-mindedness
    Smiling down on us
    knowing you got the ball rolling first

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  20. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

O_O

My condolences. I enjoyed her videos and chatting with her on occasion online. She will be missed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.