Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

weapon repair = headache

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by pyro660, Sep 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyro660

pyro660 Avatar

This is a pain. It feels like im always looking at my weapon to gauge damage and then constantly adjusting my adventuring plans to ensure i get to a repair station before my weapon breaks. This minor game feature is driving my behavior in game and I dont think this is what's intended.

In my opinion, weapon damage should be more closely aligned with the armor damage rate. As it is currently, the weapon damage mechanic just feels oppressive.

I understand game balancing is very much a dynamic process - this just feedback on something that feel like is always in my face.

2. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

Right - The Devs mentioned a couple of weeks ago that weapons were taking more damage than they should and that they were looking into it. The patch that updated the launcher yesterday didnt help. They will get to it.

Until then why not just take the dps hit and grab two vendor weapons until they, you know... fix it?

THE HENDOMAN

Mitara likes this.
  3. pyro660

pyro660 Avatar

Didnt see that mentioned by "The Devs" - good to know that a fix is on the way. Thank you for the info. Also, your 'kind' suggestion regarding vendor weapons is noted

4. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

Its a little funny, weapons take too much damage and armor take way too little. The optimal is somewhere inbetween, so repairs are necessary at a certain pace.

5. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

it was in the hangout. Personally, i think they are leaving it broke to stimulate COTO usage.

THE HENDOMAN

docdoom77 and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

What's your innate skill level for weapon durability loss at this point?

7. Swan

Swan Avatar

8. Horance

Horance Avatar

Personally, as I fighter, I have to repair both my longsword and my shield every 1 to 2 hours (starting from 70 durability). I also have to either replace the item or use a COTO to restore maximum durability once per week.
    I am approximately level 70 in both weapon and shield preservation skills.
    I thought it worked this way for money balance, as a ranger have to regularly buy arrows and mages buy much more reagents than fighters.

Alley Oop likes this.
  9. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

I burn around 5 max durability off my weapon AoE farming wolves/spiders every 60-90 min. At least half my glyph usage are spells. I also skin and gather between pulls.

Definitely excessive compared to my armour

10. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

I think it is related to how many times you use the items.

My weapon will swing many times in combat. Each swing is a (possible?) durability hit.

My armour doesn't get hit very often....or if it does, it probably only checks one of the 5 possible locations thus spreading out the durability hits.

So even if the damage rate is the same on both weapons and armour...the weapon will be checked more often, and the armour gets the damage spread out over 5 items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.