Weapons and Armor drops

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Gr3yWalk3r, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gr3yWalk3r

Gr3yWalk3r Avatar

Hail, well met. I've been playing a couple of days now and I have been mostly in Highvale training skills. I havent came across any weapon or armor pieces from killing NPC's to strengthen my character. The only pieces I have gotten where from a vendor in the starting area. Thought of crafting my own but i dont find very much ore to be able craft with yet. Is there NPC's that do drop weapons and armour? Also are there any Guilds that accept new player,s

2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Best or better gear is crafted gear.
    You can find ore in random Encounters or try the new mine what you can enter from Janaaford under the Waterfall.
    Highvale has some ore too and some silver nodes, but too early for you to think about mastercraft :)
    There are some guilds and they will soon offer you everything you need.
    Imo Weapon and armor drops arent worth it.
    Sell or better salvage them and use the scrap to save ore and wood too refine them into ingots and timber.

Welcome to New Britannia Outlander!

moxiepilot likes this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

PM me your ingame name and I'll send some stuff your way using the ingame mailing system. You can pick up your mail at any NPC bank :)

Also friend me ingame using my ingame name - Numa Vorlanos.

FrostII and moxiepilot like this.
  4. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

I also was the recipient of better armor and weapons when I started a few weeks ago, from an established player. With that in mind do you think that a discussion needs to occur in Wishlists about drops in the training area so that starting players can get good gear without being reliant on the generousity of established players?

@Numa @Stundorn

Numa likes this.
  5. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

moxiepilot likes this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I believe this is done purposely to prevent higher level players farming low level areas. The only "decent" armor and weapon drops occur on high level mobs, and by that point, they're far inferior to anything you probably have. Point being, it's unlikely it will ever happen. However, even the lowest-level crafted gear made using basic recipes (most of which are discoverable, and don't require purchasing- you can look 'em up on a number of sites, drop the materials on the appropriate crafting table, and learn the recipe) is pretty good when you're starting out.

moxiepilot likes this.
  7. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Thank you for this post! I have also been wandering around Highvale (trying to finish the quest involving those Blue Ghost things) and Middle Grounds and having issues finding gear. I'm a crafter at heart, but currently can't do much since I mostly have found Gold Ore which I have no idea what its good for.

I will try and find that mine someone mentioned above.

FrostII, Numa and moxiepilot like this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

You can make a few items from gold (jewelry, but using gold doesn't really provide any benefit- the recipes just require a "metal ingot," and any type of ingot produces the same base item, unlike weapons and armor, which will get different buffs depending on the materials used) but its main use is in enchanting items.

moxiepilot likes this.
  9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I think you aren't.
    Vendor sells gear if you dont want to use Starter Gear. Maybe some pieces of armor and weapons they drop, dont they?
    Bowen recently posted a feedback of doing the Main Questline in Starter Gear.
    So as better armor is and should be allways player created i think it's better to begin to craft oneself or to buy from a Player Vendor. Problem here is, players dont sell low or mid level gear, except a few.
    I still have a +4 Bear Hat, some +3/4 epic cloth and a sword in my Vendor.
    But i see even new people in Gladsheim develop relative fast and buy better gear elsewhere or begin to craft themself some +3-5 Gear.

moxiepilot likes this.
  10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Gold is for enchanting mainly and some other recipes

moxiepilot likes this.
  11. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I think it's odd that you can get tons of rusty swords, but absolutely no tattered armor. The only armor drops, beyond shields, are high level things like hauberks.

There should be some low-level armor drops, just to fill the salvage needs for leather and cloth bits.

12. Numa

Numa Avatar

Gold is mainly used for enchantment, a process which adds bonuses to chest armor, head gear, rings , necklaces , shields and weapons. All this is done on the alchemy station.

If gems/jewels are already embedded in the crafted piece then the enchantment process brings out magical bonuses associated with that gem/jewel.

Gems and jewels are made from crystals such as amethyst, rubies, sapphires etc all which can be found in specific mines or as random drops. The alchemy station is where this transformation takes place. Jewels are for necklaces and rings while gems are for everything else.

Ward stones can also be made from crystals. For example, onyx has magical death properties but turning it into a ward gem/jewel gives it death magic resistances.

13. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

At the beginning, sell your loot and save up gold. Then go to player vendors and buy crafted gear. There are plenty of people selling armor pieces which to them are crafting leftovers but for a new player is very powerful.

After a while you can decide if you want to be a crafter. But it's not designed to be a cost effective way for new players to gear up compared to buying from others. It's a big commitment Before it can pay off.

14. Gr3yWalk3r

Gr3yWalk3r Avatar

Thanks for the hints, @Numa I nevr new there was a mine Jaanaford.

Numa likes this.
  15. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Looks like there is now. I found Iron Plate Gauntlets of Courage the other day. Was very surprised :D

16. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

That is not a random drop. It is a one-time "quest" reward that happens to start in a random encounter scene.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  17. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Ahh. Yup you are correct. I forgot about the new Virtue Quests. Looks like I stumbled into one and completed a part :)

thanks for the clarify!

18. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

If your still looking for a guild give me a yell ingame.....

19. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

hi Gr3yWalk3r welcome to the game for some great starting gear doing the quests in the starter zones and mines for the virtue armour gives you the best gear until you can craft well enough to make your own or get enough ingame gold to buy off of another player as player-created weapons and armour will be better than any drops.

feel free to ask me any questions ingame or here or on my youtube page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.