Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Web should be burnable.

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by Jefe, Mar 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Spiders can trap the player in webs. Would be nice if something like Immolation rendered that web useless.

2. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

any active fire spell, actually. even 'light' - but i'd set that one to targetable where hte light stays there not on the avatar..

unless if the avatar has the light spell active, then it auto-burns after a half-second of being stuck. :) and goes out once the web is burned.

Ahuaeynjgkxs, Leelu and mikeaw1101 like this.
  3. Noric

Noric Avatar

Considering players just need to click on the webs to break them.... why rely on fire? It being more automatic sounds pretty boring to me...

Leelu and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

You can be webbed by more than just the environmental web effects.

I just tested on 180 hp brown spiders in Restless Forest and was not able to free myself by clicking on myself when they hit me with web as one of their attacks.

So this fire thing is more to cover that than avoiding the environmental effects. I.E. there are roots in the game and patience seems to be the primary counter for them.

Leelu and ThurisazSheol like this.
  5. Noric

Noric Avatar

Jumping (particularly with higher strength) is primary counter for them.

Leelu, smack, stratigos and 3 others like this.
  6. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Yes, it isn't an exact counter, it isn't directly mentioned in help and it seems a bit more of a logic stretch than burn away the roots/webs.

On the strength based counter, you have no indication of an attempt in the log.

My question is, how did you find out that jumping was a counter? Was it trial and error or forums? Was it an in game notification? Was it the patch notes that talked about resistance improving for every 50 strength points?

There is an auto crowd control resistance that increments by 20% in your status regardless of jumping.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Leelu likes this.
  7. Noric

Noric Avatar

patch notes and forum

the auto resist stuff is still somewhat confusing or not properly implemented.

Edit: I do agree that there should be a log message for it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Leelu likes this.
  8. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I like the idea of (PB)AOE effects taking out the webs, and also the idea that something like Light spell would burn through a web and then burn out.

9. smack

smack Avatar

I think you should have the appropriate tool or method executed to get rid of webs blocking your path or could potentially root you if not careful. But just double clicking it where nothing in-game matters is pretty boring too.

Also I hope they offer alternatives to actively break or proactively counter or resist roots, be it a spell, skill, tool, or gear. Right now, it's just jumping / spamming the spacebar or waiting it out.

Leelu likes this.
  10. Noric

Noric Avatar

Bolster balance claims to increase root resistance but it only lists the "Stun Resistance" modifier - are we sure that "Stun Resistance" doesn't work on roots?

11. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

agreed... should apply to root too, albeit take a bit longer maybe. The flip side though, if they do this, and you hit a webbed/rooted foe with fire, it should STILL burn it away.

12. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.