Wed @ 7:00 PM NBT - The Virtue League Season Six "Build the Bloodshed!" <EVL> (26 Apr-19 Jul)

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Brickbat, Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

[​IMG]
    Registration is at 7:00 PM NBT with fights beginning at 7:30 PM NBT!

Every Virtue is Lasting <EVL> cordially invites you to The Virtue League Tournament every Wednesday night at 7:00 PM NBT (Central-Server-Time)!

Look for giant Virtue Statues! Visit the NEW Virtue Stadium Complex in Virtue Oasis!
    Picture at bottom and map here:
    [​IMG]
    Raw Map Image Courtesy of Jakub White's SotaMap.com w/our emblems and labeling.

Looking to break into the PVP scene but don’t want to be matched verses established players? We have you covered with two divisions, one for the newer less experienced player and one for the cream of the crop who have something to prove! Unseat the champion and blaze your own path to glory and virtue!
    New for Season Six "Build the Bloodshed!" we have reworked the ELO system to account for fewer fights and you should see bigger swings throughout the Season.

Players will choose the open weight class unlimited Tier A or be assigned to Tier B and Tier C based on the first two weeks performance.

Tier A - Top Fighters - Artifacts and Potions Allowed! Avatars must opt into this pool of the top fighters! Old favorites and the young guns looking to soak the battlefield with their lofty blood.
    Prize Pool for Tier A will be $70 split ($35 1st, $20 2nd, and $15 3rd).

Tier B - No Artifacts and No Potions Allowed! The better fighters willing to respect the seemingly o.p. nature of the prohibited items.
    Prize Pool for Tier B will be $50 split ($25 1st, $15 2nd, and $10 3rd).

Tier C - No Artifacts and No Potions Allowed! The look I just like fighting, not sure I am good, but hey I know I can break that pretty cape guy's face!
    Prize Pool for Tier C will be 25 COTOs split (12 COTOs 1st, 8 COTOs 2nd, and 5 COTOs 3rd).

With NO ENTRY FEE and weekly prizes there really isn’t a better time to jump into action. Each week the winner in each Tier will receive 1 COTO along with a quantity of teleportation or recall scrolls!

The Virtue League Tournament is using our own custom ELO rating system to determine the division split with tournament competitors added automatically to The Virtue League providing a long term challenge.

The Champion(s) of Virtue will be crowned for Season Six and will reign supreme until the next champion is crowned three months later. Champions will each receive a STORE CREDIT PRIZE for their efforts.

Season Six begins April 26th and concludes with fights on July 19th. The Season Six Awards Ceremony will be on July 26th and will feature a special Round Robin Exhibition for the Top 4 finishers in Tier A with a prize of 20 COTOs to the winner.

So don’t delay, sharpen your swords or bring the popcorn and journey to Virtue Oasis on the Hidden Vale.

Teleportation avatars are Jade or Caree Death.
    The Virtue League Season Six is sponsored by:

OWL
    ( One of the premier PvP focused Guilds in Shroud of the Avatar! )

Owl Sky City Vendors

( "Located outside Owl's Head. New vendors are waiting for you!" )

Jade Empire

( The group features the Jade Dragons and their Jade Legion PVP they are the "Future Hosts of Team PVP" in the Jade Caverns Saturday evenings 7:30 PM NBT! )

Organized Chaos
    ( Visit their incoming R41 capital metropolis "Verat Chaos" located on the overland map just east of Brittany where Praga once proudly stood! )

The Phoenix Republic
    ( Since the beginning, the Republic has stood as a bulwark against the night as they protect Elysium from all who seek her destruction and a supporter of the Virtue League - http://www.portphoenix.com/
    Remember to ask @WrathPhoenix how an alchemy experiment gone bad lead to the tops of their neighboring mountains being sheared off! )

House Serenite of Grunvald
    ( Roleplayers, PVPers, warriors, crafters, and of course the defacto rulers of the Grunvald region - http://houseserenite.enjin.com/ )

Starman
    ( @2112Starman of House Serenite of Grunvald - Noble lord, fighter extraordinaire, and leading advocate/sponsor for the Round Robin Bloodletting at the Awards Ceremony )

Virtue Oasis Vendors
    ( For all your shopping needs, these vendors are nestled on the corner of Hidden Vale and feature easy access to all of the Devotionals and the Virtue Stadium Complex in Virtue Oasis! )

The Brickport Family of Towns
    ( Brickbat - Snarky Master of Ceremonies for Hire! Sponsor of the Weekly COTO prizes for each Tiers weekly winner! )

Picture of the NEW Virtue Stadium Complex in Virtue Oasis!
    [​IMG]
    Graphics - This picture and Season Six poster courtesy of @Sheamus McGuinness!

Shameless @Berek @Chris @Lord British @DarkStarr tags.

V/R Brickbat, Every Virtue is Lasting (EVL)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

3. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Another great season to look forward to seeing and another great poster by @Sheamus McGuinness

4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Tier B clerify?

Does that include heal potions?

How about a immortality fruit?

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Tier B and Tier C - No artifacts, no potions (buff ones and regular ones like healing), no immortality fruit. Blessings and food buffs are allowed.

If we catch a competitor in Tier B or Tier C attempting to circumvent these rules they will be: disqualified from that week's fights, earn no points for that week, allowed to return and compete in a latter week's fights.

Repeat infractions after that one time warning would result in disqualification for the remainder of the season.

V/R Brickbat

6. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I totally drank a resto potion. Ruh Roth. Lost anyway but won't potion again!

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Week 1:

The first week of Season Six began Wednesday evening. Thanks to our wonderful sponsors we have close to $200 in prizes available finally across all three competitive tiers instead of mostly at the top of PvP food chain! http://evlguild.com/virtue-league/

Come out and help "Build the Bloodshed! This week's competition featured 17 competitors and 28 matches across the three tiers:

Tier A - Winner - @Corp Por - Bracket: http://challonge.com/VirtueLeagueS6GA426
    Tier B - Winner - Starman ( @2112Starman ) - Bracket: http://challonge.com/VirtueLeagueS6GB426
    Tier C - Winner - @margaritte - Bracket: http://challonge.com/VirtueLeagueS6GC426v2

Recap: Tier A is opt in and totally open fights, no restrictions. Tier B and Tier C are designed to be weighted and feature No Artifacts and No Potions, etc. Competitors in Tier B and Tier C will be locked into a Tier based on skill, experience, stats, and intangibles after the Week 2 fights so they are competing consistently against other fighters around their level.

Blood, sweat, reagents, and killing blows! The butcher's bill always gets paid.

8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

9. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Week 2:

The second week of Season Six is in the record books from Wednesday evening.

Come out and help "Build the Bloodshed! This week's competition featured 14 competitors and 22 matches across the three tiers:

Tier A - Winner - Alexander John ( @HogwinHD ) - Bracket: http://challonge.com/VirtueLeagueS6GA53
    Tier B - Winner - @OxNull - Bracket: http://challonge.com/VirtueLeagueS6GB53
    Tier C - Winner - @margaritte - Bracket: http://challonge.com/VirtueLeagueS6GC53

Recap: Tier A is opt in and totally open fights, no restrictions. Tier B and Tier C are designed to be weighted and feature No Artifacts and No Potions, etc. Competitors in Tier B and Tier C will be locked into a Tier based on skill, experience, stats, and intangibles after the Week 2 fights so they are competing consistently against other fighters around their level.

Again, thanks to our wonderful sponsors we have close to $200 in prizes available finally across all three competitive tiers instead of mostly going to the top of PvP food chain! http://evlguild.com/virtue-league/

10. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Special Offer - we are looking for Tier C fighters, so we are offering x1 Gold Crown of the Obsidian to each of the first 10 "New" to join us in in Tier C for the fights starting this next week.

"New" = hasn't fought this Season, 400-600 naked health, participates as a contestant in Tier C for the week, payable to first 10 qualified candidates.

If we get say 3 in Week 3, then in week 4 there are 7 remaining COTOs to be claimed.

Whisper Jade in game if you have questions and we hope to see you out there.

V/R Brickbat

11. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Regrettably, other obligations shall prevent me from attending tonight. @margaritte, good luck, as I have been, and shall continue to look forward to my opportunity to take down the reigning tier champion ;)

Time Lord and margaritte like this.
  12. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Week 3:

The third week of Season Six is in the record books from Wednesday evening.

Come out and help "Build the Bloodshed! This week's competition featured 22 competitors and 40 matches across the three tiers:

Tier A - Winner - @Corp Por - Bracket: http://challonge.com/VirtueLeagueS6GA510
    Tier B - Winner - @Silis - Bracket: http://challonge.com/VirtueLeagueS6GB510
    Tier C - Winner - @margaritte - Bracket: http://challonge.com/VirtueLeagueS6GC510

Again, thanks to our wonderful sponsors we have close to $200 in prizes available finally across all three competitive tiers instead of mostly going to the top of PvP food chain! http://evlguild.com/virtue-league/

Offer still open:
    Special Offer - we are looking for Tier C fighters, so we are offering x1 Gold Crown of the Obsidian to each of the first 10 "New" to join us in in Tier C for the fights starting this next week.
    "New" = hasn't fought this Season, 400-600 naked health, participates as a contestant in Tier C for the week, payable to first 10 qualified candidates.
    If we get say 3 in Week 3, then in week 4 there are 7 remaining COTOs to be claimed.

13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ill be honest, I haven't been playing since the stats after week 2 were broken and have not been fixed for Starman (showed me with 2 loss's and I had 1 and the other guy with 1 loss when he had 2). But, I'll consider throwing my lvl 55 alt in to group C if it still needs love. he may only have 400 hp buffed but I think I can wreck people with the his 2 poisoned daggers.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

We'll take a look at it and see if we kind find a solution.

V/R Brickbat

15. ashmaul

ashmaul Avatar

@Corp Por - List has looked at the Arena and is looking into solutions to resolve the low FPS. From your end though, you could turn your graphics to the lowest setting and see if that help. if they are already at the lowest settings then I am not sure what else to do, can also turn Shadows = None. Did you tell Jade that it was that bad? I had the old arena on stand-by if it got to crazy and could have switched it over at any time.

@2112Starman - Did you contact Jade about incorrect Data Entry? Mistakes happen we are only human, but we do, do our best to resolve such errors.

P.S.
    @Corp Por and Any one Else who may have input:
    I am running a Gen 4 Intell CPU, 32GB memory, with an NVideo 770, and on SSD. My frames with video set to lowest are 13 at the worst in the arena; With my video set to highest I was dropping to 5-8 at the worst.
    If any one would like to come and assist in arena building let me know, I spent 3 weeks and about 60 hours building the Colosseum. From designing it to scale in Visio (with the game block sizes) to constructing all the blocks and then placing them in game. Not to mention the over 100K granite blocks that were used (almost all donated, thanks every one).

Honestly if every one would like to help with the lag in game, you should all be talking to Port, there is nothing I personally can do to resolve the low FPS issues... Look at Owls Head, and I didn't even do it this time :)

Best way of contacting me is through Teamspeak. There are people there that have my Cell number and can text me any time if I happen to AFK when you stop by.
    So if you would like to look at builds that increase FPS and or have ideas please come and let me know (evl.teamspeak3.com) i'm the Ashmaul in the room.

Ash

Time Lord likes this.
  16. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

@2112Starman - Did you contact Jade about incorrect Data Entry? Mistakes happen we are only human, but we do, do our best to resolve such errors.
    [/QUOTE]

yup, Jade and Brick

Time Lord likes this.
  17. ashmaul

ashmaul Avatar

@Corp Por,
    Maybe we could set up a day and time, I can put the old arena down and see if your frames better.
    I do get 5 more frames when in the old arena, and the diff between 10 and 15 is obviously a huge diff.

Let me know when works best for you, thanks.
    Ash

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

All,

Come out and help "Build the Bloodshed!"

Week 4: The four week of Season Six is in the record books from Wednesday evening.

Tier A - Insufficient Fighters this Week
    Tier B - Winner - @Corp Por - Bracket:
    Tier C - Winner - @margaritte - Bracket:

Week 5: Portalarium evicted the residents and took down town decorations and such in Virtue Oasis for a Biome Change before the new Release. So the brackets were cancelled and the fighters ended up just enjoying Free For All Dueling in the grasslands left behind by @Attenwood !

Week 6: Trust not these brackets, I will deduce (find out) the correct winners and we will get the real winners posted: http://challonge.com/VirtueLeagueS6GA531, http://challonge.com/VirtueLeagueS6GB531 & http://challonge.com/VirtueLeagueS6GC531.

Note: We have some corrections that need to be made to our official standings, so hopefully we can get those done in the next week or so and get back to correctly documenting and accounting for our fighter's winners/losses.

To recap: Tier A is opt in and totally open fights, no restrictions. Tier B and Tier C are designed to be weighted and feature No Artifacts and No Potions, etc. Competitors in Tier B and Tier C will be locked into a Tier based on skill, experience, stats, and intangibles after the Week 2 fights so they are competing consistently against other fighters around their level.

Offer still open:
    As of Week 7 there are 5 remaining COTOs to be claimed.

Blood, sweat, reagents, and killing blows! The butcher's bill always gets paid, by hook or by crook!

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Time Lord likes this.
  20. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Hey Brick, I believe Tier A winner was Kor... not Corp Por. ;)

Time Lord and Corp Por like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.