Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Weird issues with door permissions

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by ldykllr, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

4/1/2018 5:30 AM
    Title: Weird issues with door permissions
    Reproduction Rate: As far as I'm aware, 100%
    Blocker? If you want tenants to be able to lock doors, yes

Details: So, I was setting up my inn in Novia Market and adding a character to their inn room door. When you add their permissions to ANY of the rooms in the inn, it duplicates that permission on the FRONT door of the inn. So, if they are a guest or manager on their door, it will duplicate that permission on the front door (which I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to happen). Also, making them a manager on their door doesn't give them the option to lock/unlock their door for privacy. This is the first time I've messed around with the door permissions so I asked around to see if they are supposed to have that option - @Lace was kind enough to help me out and told me that when she first set up her inn (when they first came out) you could add guests as manager's to THEIR own door and they would be able to lock/unlock it. It also appeared that those who had locked their doors previously had doors that were functioning this way.

Did something change in door permissions and we can't do this anymore, or is it a bug? Sounds like a bug to me. I am more than happy to demonstrate this for someone. Oh, the character was added to the lot as tenant as well.

Steps to Reproduce: Add someone to a door and check permissions on front door.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 970 @ 3.20GHz (12) System RAM: 16375
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.757.Date.03.30.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Novia Market
    Area Display Name: Novia Market
    Loc: (4.8, 43.1, 118.5)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfE5vdmlhIE1hcmtldHwoNC44MjksIDQzLjEyLCAxMTguNTQzKXwoMCwgMSwgMCwgMC4wMDYpfC04ODkuNzM0fDE2LjA2NTg4fDUuMzc3Mg==

Sonja, Bayard and Rentier like this.
  2. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Confirmed when one of my new inn residents locked the FRONT door of the inn and nobody else could enter! Whether it happened when they locked their room door or if they actually locked the front door of the inn is unknown.

The last person you add permission to lock/unlock their room door automatically adds them to the front door permission as said above. If you add someone, that new last person now has the permission!

My workaround was to give one of my alts lock/unlock door permission on the small room on the first floor as the last person added. I'll have to remember to redo this when I add a new tenant though!

Sonja and Rentier like this.
  3. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Confirmed.
    I have to keep "re-locking" my doors on my Keep in Blackrock Cove every time I log back in.

Sonja likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I was about to report this but there are a bunch of bug reports about this already.

If I lock any door in my inn then it locks the front door also. If I unlock the front door then it unlocks all the doors that I locked. If I add someone to the permission list of any door then they are automatically added to the front door permission. If I remove that person from the permission list of the front door then they are automatically removed from any other door I added them to.

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32158
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 8192
    SotA.Linux.64.760.Date.04.04.18
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Mystic Isle
    Area Display Name: Mystic Isle
    Loc: (14.9, 89.5, 41.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfE15c3RpYyBJc2xlfCgxNC44OTksIDg5LjUzNiwgNDEuMDMxKXwoMCwgLTAuOTc2LCAwLCAtMC4yMTgpfC05MjcuMTgzNXwyOC40NTM3MnwzLjI5NDAzOQ==

Sonja likes this.
  5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

That's the info I was looking for. Thank you!

Barugon likes this.
  6. Lexie

I'm sticking this thread so we can get some consistency going in the bug reporting on the subject. The more reports there are on the same issue, the longer it takes to sort through and actually get reported - ironically.
    Thanks again guys.

Rentier and Barugon like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Lexie
    When I log in, my front door is locked and the avatar on my alt account is set as manager (no other doors in the house are locked and no permissions are set on any other door). I unlock the door and remove my alt but when I log on again, it's back to being locked and my alt is set as manager again. :mad:

[edit] As long as I leave my alt as manager of the front door, it will at least stay unlocked.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Sonja likes this.
  8. Lexie

You say alt account, but do you perhaps mean alt character? Or are you referring to a completely different account that uses the same client?

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's a completely separate account. I have one account as property owner and the other as Trustee in order to prevent accidentally moving decorations (which is super frustrating).

Sonja likes this.
  10. Lexie

We got a breakthrough on door permissions. Fix is in the works. Thanks all.
    (I am leaving this stickied for others who may come across it, so they can easily find this post...)

11. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Im having similar problems, but my front door wont stay locked ever. I have 3 properties where I am trying to add another character as manager of the lot. On all three properties, most of the doors remain unlocked. It seems somewhat "random" as to which door the lock will actually take hold.

On all of my homes, the house tile / sign configuration is set to "Lock Doors"

On a Row 4 story ornate greenhouse (add on store), the first floor interior door will keep its lock and permission status. None of the other doors in the building will retain their lock status, when set by the owner, co owner, or tenant that is also manager. This one is problematic as Ive discovered someone is going into the house, when I do not want to permit any outsiders in (front door cant lock).

On a Row 4 store stone home (the pledge reward row house), similar issues - but its a 3rd floor door that retains its lock/permission status, none of the other doors remain locked, including the front door.

On a Knight Marshall's Tower Keep, the rooftop hatch retains its locked status, no other doors retain lock status.

I havent checked all my basements, at one point I locked all the doors as I intend to let people live in each room, but I havent checked in a long time (its a lot of doors!). Let me know if it would be helpful and Ill gladly audit my basements for lock status.

[edit] I just noticed the fix-in-place status - thanks!

12. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Any word on a hot patch to fix the door perms?

13. Gouldire

Gouldire Avatar

My problem is a bit different. I have an inn. The front door is unlocked but people can not enter via the front door. They can enter via the back door and can open any unlocked door in the inn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.