Welcome New Players!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Berek, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Welcome @Protector2 ! Always feel free to ask any questions here. Most all of us are happy to help!

I did however want to 100% clarify a few things that some older videos, that may have completely false, inaccurate or outdated information about our game.

Currently, the only "NFT" like item a player can purchase is a Player Owned Town. These are completely optional and are not, in any way shape or form required to play the game. The proceeds from these goes directly towards the development of our game.

It indeed is! As far as I know, this is the only, and actual Free to Play MMO Game out there currently, based on the content and systems our game currently has. I will use Ultima Online™: Endless Journey free to play, no subscription option as a comparison:
    • All of the content developed for Episode 1 is completely free to play. This includes hundreds of Adventuring Areas, NPC Towns, Player Run Towns and various systems. NO Subscription is required to access any of this content.
    1. Every account can receive a ONE TIME PER ACCOUNT Deed, Row (POT, Taxed, No Trade) Lot Deed. This will allow you claim your own lot, that comes with a default house, and can be used to claim available lots in a Player Owned Town or Player Run Towns. (You are not allowed to own any property in Ultima Online™: Endless Journey).
    2. Storage: Every account has a bank they can place items in as well as place items in containers in a lot you have claimed. (Ultima Online™: Endless Journey has a bank box limited to 20 items and you cannot own property).
    3. Anyone can place a Vendor on any lot they own and sell items to other players. (You are not allowed to own any vendor in Ultima Online™: Endless Journey).
    4. Anyone can gather and then sell or use the basic Raw Materials in the game. (You can only harvest basic resources such as iron ore and regular lumbar, but you are not allowed to own any vendor in Ultima Online™: Endless Journey).
    5. We have a completely free Rewards Program that you can chose to subscribe to. Ultima Online™ blocks some content if you do not subscribe. The optional Rewards Program does not block any content in the game.
    I think that covers some basics of our game. I hope you will have fun and enjoy our game. We have one of the best Communities in any MMO you will ever find. Again, always feel free to ask any questions! This is a very complex game with many many parts to it, so always feel free to ask. :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  2. Al-Thayr

Al-Thayr Avatar

haven't seen you in the game yet. not even in the universe chat.

Tirrag likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

In-game, open the friends window (F or control-F) and add Majoria as a friend.

Tirrag and Al-Thayr like this.
  4. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

just wanted to piggy back on this. the cash store currency (Crowns of the Obsidians aka COTOs) are dropped in small quantities in-game from mobs. there are also several currency exchange vendors in-game that will trade gold pieces for COTOs. so if you want something from the COTO store you can gather up the gold pieces to exchange for COTOs then purchase from the cash store all without spending any real cash.

Al-Thayr and Anpu like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi I do come in at different times. What is your play time? I look forward to seeing you in game.

Al-Thayr likes this.
  6. Al-Thayr

Al-Thayr Avatar

same here.
    i like the way the game provide in-game books to share and learn about the game itself.
    the game seems to have a lot to learn.

[​IMG]

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  7. Laeadern

Laeadern Avatar

Thanks for the wonderful thread invite. I just started playing today...although I did the kickstarter thing a long time ago....lol. Just sorta forgot about things as i was playing Everquest...still am really but this game really does look fun.

ConjurerDragon, Winfield and Lained like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Laeadern likes this.
  9. bharper420

bharper420 Avatar

Hey all. Started yesterday. Wish I'd started years ago. This game is a diamond in the rough. Grateful that Catnip is keeping it alive. Aurioc Vale in game. Everyone has been very kind and helpful so far. Was invited to join a guild, Lamp I believe.

10. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Hey Aurioc we miss you at LAMP! Hope you come back soon!

11. SpectraV3imadness

SpectraV3imadness Avatar

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

13. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

14. GStreeter

GStreeter Avatar

Greetings!! Wow I didn't even know Lord British had created a new place for us to land!!! Got a question? What is the best build for a brand spankin' new account! Want to hit the ground running.

15. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am not sure there is a best build. In this game you can mix-and-match skills pretty freely.

Barugon, Lained and Anpu like this.
  16. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that was not a new member looking for help, that was a profile spammer.

guys, if you see someone make a post in this thread that's so generic and vague they could easily post it in a hundred different forums, THEY PROBABLY DID. check their profile out before responding.

17. ZTagre

ZTagre Avatar

I watched a video featuring Richard Garriott recently, and only through THAT video did I find out about this "spiritual successor" to the Ultima games, which I LOVED in my younger days! Thus, here I am, having just downloaded SotA through Steam. I am just getting my "feet wet" as yet, but I must say I LOVE what I see! This game is right up my alley, having played Minecraft for many many years. The resource collection / crafting is very reminiscent of what I love best about that game. The combat, in Minecraft, well, that left a whole lot to be desired! Thus, I really like this game for THAT REASON!

So, yeah, even though I'm still figuring things out in OFFLINE mode, I am really enthusiastic about what I've seen and learned so far! Thank you, to the current developers, for picking this game up - I think you have made an excellent choice! It really would have been a total shame if it had been allowed to die without some real effort to try and make it into what it has become today!!! This game, IMHO, is an undiscovered GEM, and I think that over time many more will come to view it as I do!

I sorta NEEDED a game like this, having grown just a wee bit tired of re-playing my other favs far too often (how many times can you restart a Fallout 4 playthrough??? It just doesn't take that long, from start to finish! Skyrim, same thing! You can kinda tell from THAT I'm fairly "old school"...).

I will add that I am a hardcore "grinder" type of player, and am not at all the type that wants everything "right now". I am happy to bide my time, and watch my skills grow. I am also content to watch the game evolve, and to assist with my personal input whenever I feel it might help!

So, keep up the good work, and, again, thank you for "picking up the torch"! I promise I will be joining you folks ONLINE in short order :-}

Ravalox, Kara Brae, Sentinel2 and 8 others like this.
  18. dcb$510

dcb$510 Avatar

Thank you i love this game!! dont give up!

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

20. delam

delam Avatar

thanks everyone, i am new here and its a great community , enjoyed alot:)