Welcome Quest Release 46 - FinDupre on Sat October 7, 2017 at 12:00pm NBT

Discussion in 'Release 46 Events' started by Duke Gréagóir, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

[​IMG]
    By Appointment to
    His Majesty Lord British
    Welcome Quest Makers

You are invited to join the Welcome Quest in Release 46.
    It will be held on Saturday, October 7, 2017 starting at 12pm (noon) central time/new britannian time and lasting an hour. It is added on the Avatar's Circle community calendar for easy time zone conversion at http://avatarscircle.com/community-events/ Plus it is in your in-game Events book.

Greagoir Pendragon will be active 30 minutes before the event and during the event.

We are traveling to a newer town (which has been here since forever) called FinDupre. FinDupre has it's roots deep within an Ultima Legend - Dupre!

Starting point:
    North of the Ardoris/Soltown, and East from Solace Bridge. You can teleport to Greagoir Pendragon too. Of take the Lunar Rift to Solace Bridge for something new.

Are you with us?

Map is 7MB in size. Thank you Birko for this wonderful map!
    [​IMG]

Purpose:

The Welcome Quest is a quest for all people to see many towns and establishments. It is created as a way for people to visit many player-ran locations. It involves each town and establishment to give the quest person some information and then instructions to go to the next location (a town or establishment) to do something. The path may be sequential from place to place or in parallel to multiple places at the same time. The goal is for towns and establishments to showcase their places, educate the people, and work with other player-ran towns/establishments.

We are proud to be the first player-ran quest in SotA! We do it for all of you. :)

More information is located at
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Community:Quests/Welcome_Quest#Welcome_Quests_in_Releases

Welcome Torch changes - testing and answers due to burnout

With Release 38, all torches changed physically. The durability started to decrease when the torch is held onto. This change also affected the Welcome Torch you receive from the Welcome Quest.

With Release 41 you now can repair your own Welcome Torches with a carpentry repair kit and a carpentry table.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    Birko and Mad Hatter like this.
  2. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Avatar

I can assure you that I will be completely hung over, but will make the event!!!

-MH

3. Duke Gréagóir

Starting in 30 minutes in FinDupre. I hope you can make it. We will be giving away Welcome Torches today to anyone who has not received a Welcome Torch at any prior welcome quests.

4. Duke Gréagóir

It was a short but very informative tour of FinDupre and all that inspired it to exist. Saint Dupre the Paladin from Old Britannia was the inspiration.

From the tavern recreation to the lake, the spirit of Dupre is all around in FinDupre.

We had a short tour planned which worked out as we ended up having two tour groups. Sometimes planning a short quest is better for those who arrive later than they expected. I am happy to accommodate them with how their schedule worked out.

Thank you for all who attended. I hope you had fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]