Went through the NPE, got lost and glitched in tasks but I bought the game!

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Thirteen, Aug 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thirteen

Thirteen Avatar

Hello all,

There are some frustrating things about the New Player Experience when I started that didn't make sense to me. I think because I did not come from playing any other game like this. At most I dabled in WoW for a week (maybe), Same for Everquest, and I think that is about it that sorta seems like this type of game.

Some of the tasks, even when completed, stayed in my journal. Some I could never find even though others would take me right to where it was supposed to be, it never showed up on my screen.

At any rate, I am enjoying myself and am now trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with this game. I purchased the game tonight, and now I have the Player trader/merchants available to me so this will be a new adventure. I see I need to learn how to learn stuff, like training etc.

But overall, I am hooked.

Any non-video tutorials on 'how to become awesome in 10 steps' would be great if you can point me in that direction. I have seen some video tutorials already and they are helpful but they don't go at the pace I would like.

Cheers,

2. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

welcome

becomes one of my fav quotes.

sadly I have nothing else to offer you at the moment :(

Moiseyev Trueden and Thirteen like this.
  3. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

"If I was new and I had to suffer through a NullPointerException, lost stuff and glitches, I would probably not have bought the.... oh. I see."

One thing I can tell you to learn is how the experience->skills->decay system works. Turn off all but a few skills you want to learn at a time and it will help you get noticeably better at those things. Once you get them to the level you want and learn how to use them, halt their gain and turn something else on.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  4. Numa

Numa Avatar

Take the skull ratings of an adventure area with a grain of salt. A bigger factor is how dense the mob population are in the area and how fast they'll swarm you. You'd be amazed at how a pack of low level spiders can bring you down if you aren't ready. Watch out for skeletons too :)

If you want to level quickly then I recommend you join a good guild. Welcome to SOTA!

5. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Yeah, the Journal/Quest-Log is still one of the older designs and is a bit clunky to use (a placeholder that will be replaced at some point, i hope atleast :D).

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

7. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Welcome to the SOTA family! And thank you for providing feedback. :)

firesparx and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  9. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Welcome Thirteen!

This might help.. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...etting-started-101-the-perennial-coast.96848/

Not sure if you started on the Path of Love, but if not, you are simply a Lunar Rift away....

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ew-players-bastions-point-welcomes-you.97865/

10. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Welcome @Thirteen the road ahead is not perfect there are bugs but you know what its still a good game.

if you're on and you need a paw feel free to add void and lana and Im happy to help

my tips to greatness in as painless and simple path as possible

1. find a bigger friend do the courage path (starts in highvale, getting to harvest is evil but meh) - you get 100k xp at the end and you only need a bigger friend to help you run through shrekk to get to the city walls.. everything else is real quick it takes about an hour and 100k at low levels is a huge boost.
    2. manage your xp into skills well, the more pool you have the more efficient your leveling of skills is (upto we believe about 1.2M minimum pool) , so manage your pool to try and keep on the up.
    3. learn about decks, stacking, combos, heat and maybe by next thursday if chris' blog is something to go by another kinda system
    4. avoid death! often in zones there are rocks you can run up or things to duck behind to avoid damage.. the less you die the less xp you lose!

11. Thirteen

Thirteen Avatar

Thanks all to the friendly help and responses!
    Liz, is that add "void and lana" or add "void" and "lana"?

firesparx and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  12. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Thirteen and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Thirteen. I'm so happy you joined us. I look forward to hearing your feedback. Unfortunately I'm away from the game and my home staying with my mom for a few more weeks, but please friend Majoria in game and I would love to assist any time when I return. You can also message Lord Baldrith here who owns a player owned town. I know he'd be happy to help you with a place to stay.

There is so much to this game. We have many musical instruments we can play and craft. We also have sheet music too that can be played. There is also fishing and agriculture which is supposed to get new updates in September so I'm looking forward to that. So much is still coming such as treasure hunting, boating, and mounts.

Reminder to @DarkStarr regarding fishing and agriculture updates scheduled for September.;)

So best wishes and happy journeys to you. :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    firesparx and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.