Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Went through Vauban Pass and ended up on the same side

Discussion in 'Release 28 Dev+' started by Kara Brae, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

3/25/2016 2:20 PM
    Title: Went through Vauban Pass and ended up on the same side
    Reproduction Rate: ?
    Blocker? yes
    Details: I finally managed to enter Vauban Pass from the South without getting a black screen. I ran straight on through the entire pass, making it out the other side by the skin on my teeth. To my chagrin, when I re-entered Novia, I found myself on the Southern side of the Pass again
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16324
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 GPU RAM: 3020
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.334.Date.03.24.16
    Area: Novia
    Loc: (363.5, 18.5, 67.6)

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Are you still able to observe this as of the most recent patch? The exits seem to work as intended for me. The North exit drops me outside the North side and the South exit drops me outside the South side. Thanks for reporting!

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

@Attenwood

It appears that you mustn't run straight ahead along the path (either the path straight ahead when you enter or the path to the left) and through the gate. Another player gave me the tip to run up the hill to the right, and although I didn't live through the process, my ghost did finally make it to the north side of the pass.
    3/28/2016 10:09 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16324
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 GPU RAM: 3020
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.337.Date.03.27.16
    Area: Novia
    Loc: (364.6, 19.7, 72.3)

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Have you seen this issue occur yet since the first time it happened? I'm uncertain what you mean about paths leading to wrong exits. Surely the exit volumes through the gates are working as intended?

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stroll leisurely through the scene, making exact note of all he details and landmarks, but this is what I remember.

The first time I went through the scene, I went straight ahead from the entrance and just followed the path, passing wolves and Polar bears and eventually ebon cultists. At some point I had to open a gate with a switch and go through it. I had the impression that I was heading towards the opposite side, but ended up where I began, on the southern side of the pass.

Today I went through the pass with another player, only this time we took the path that went left from the southern entrance, followed it until we hit the gate with the switch, went through the gate and on to the exit. We ended up on the southern side of the pass again. The other player went back in, then messaged me not to go through the gate with the switch, but instead take a path to the right up a hill. So I went back in, ran past all the mobs until I reached the gate, then veered off to the right up a hill. Polar bears drove me off a cliff where I died, but the place I landed at happened to be near the north exit.

This explanation comes from someone who has no sense of direction, so I still don't comprehend the lay of the land. But at least I recognize that there is a way to travel through the pass from south to north and that I had apparently just gone the wrong way when I reported this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.