Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Were to Get Metal Items for Salvage?

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Nolove 0369, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

There seems to be a huge shortage of Elves and Skeletons, of the fighter types theses days. Any thought on were they went , or when they will be back , so us crafters can get some metal items to salvage?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Steal from NPCs
    Take the zero gold ones in adventure scenes
    Soltown catacombs

Bom and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  3. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

West perennial trail has a bunch of bandits that drop daggers which used to be my go to place before I discovered Greymark. With the changes to Greymark now though I might have to head back there. Kobolds are a good source of scrap (hammers) if you can find somewhere with a big enough population but they are technically carpentry so you do loose out on the smithing xp when deconstructing them.

Hilt is also a decent place as it has a lot of weapons and armour on display to "redistribute" as well as kobolds in the top levels and the convenience of two anvils.

Bom likes this.
  4. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

Try Serpent spine foothills, Plenty of halberds drop there and they salvage for metal.
    There are also plenty of Kobold camps around the world and their hammers salvage for metal.
    You can also farm the undead in Deep Ravensood, although not many there and slow repop.

Bom and Spoon like this.
  5. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Hardened skelly fighters drop a heavy hammer that salvages very nicely.

I used to farm the Plains of Nigh Inis by Owls Head. Spiders and skelly fighting it out. 2HS, longsword and shields but the numbers recently have been crap

Bom likes this.
  6. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

Yup I'm afraid this is what it boils down to.
    These are all some great ideas, but they all require Carpentry Salvage skill, or using the free novalue that scraps for really low amounts, and mostly it Carpentry wood based weapons.

1 Fight Kobolds or Skullies for Hammers.
    2. Pick up No value Items from Shops.
    3. Get Halberds from Human fighters.

@DarkStarr @Chris
    Only real issues are now we have to raise up our Carpentry salvage skill in order to get metal scrap to use for making Ingots for Blacksmithing this makes NO Sense.
    ONE Huge step forward with the Great mining changes, and on the back side 3 Steps back with severely limiting the ability to make ingots from scrap. Buy redoing the scene's that drop the most swords or scrapable items.

Please bring back the Scene's with majority of Fighters that carry Swords. or add Broken Chest pieces or Helmets as loot to other types of mobs that we can salvage with Blacksmithing skill.

7. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Want to add my voice here as a smith, there needs to be either more drops that are blacksmithing salvageable or some of the weapons need to be switched out of carpentry and into smithing.

8. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Bandits for daggers tend to be my go to source. Get some friends, go to hilt, and they have plate armor set pieces too! Also, as mentioned here, swiping metal set pieces from camps can give a good boost. Some people have taken to raiding them from blacksmithing shops in towns but I do not recommend that. Not only will it hopefully one day cause a virtue hit, but also is just poor roleplaying and makes the cities look really trashy.

9. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Top of the Shuttered Eye tower restocks 0g plate and weps upon logout/in

A little 'exploity' but I'm feeling a little exploited too :p

Bom likes this.
  10. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

My "go-to" place for metal weapons for scrapping was Ravensmoor... but as of build 477, most of the skeletal footman have been changed to mages and archers. :(

Currently looking for a better spot to farm salvageable metals.

11. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

this is my point...we got some great mining changes, then on the back side we got a stealth removal of salvageable weapons.
    Just another example of how we the players get shaffted again.

12. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

There are still lots of places to get stuff to salvage. Problem is most people would rather sell it for the gold.

13. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Serpents Spine foothills, Twins Foothills, Serpents Spine Mines, Elysium Mines :)

Bom likes this.
  14. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

I was mining copper in um...Verdantis Mine and the Kobolds would kindly respawn quickly and offer me a Warhammer to use to help turn their ore into ingots after 'retiring'

Bom and Acred like this.
  15. Syipress

Syipress Avatar

Hilt Fortress has a few rooms early on that have two blacksmithing stations with a ton of salvageable materials lootable nearby

Bom likes this.
  16. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

Ok you all are missing the point.

Kolbolts drop Hammers Carpentry Smelting not Blacksmithing
    All the mines you listed Black Tortoise are full of Npc that mainly drop Carpentry weapons. A very small amout of the Skullies will drop a rusty sword.

Im a minner and a blacksmith why do i need to use Carpentry skills to get metal scrap to smelt metal with.
    And carpentry weapons drop hardly any scrap anyways.

Like i said adjust the mining changes on 1 hand and on the other stealth nerf the system to rub our faces in it. Oh and did they think we wernt going to knowtice the amount of Silver and Gold Ore droped per Node was reduced to average 2 instead of 3.

17. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Middle downs. Skeletons right at the start. Jump out and back in. Lots of metal scrap.
    I stop in on my way home to resolute every time.

Bom likes this.
  18. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Try the hilt in nightshade pass. Very early in the scene there is blacksmith tables so you can salvage IN the scene and in that room and every room all the way down to the lich room you find bulk weapon racks, plate gear and shields to salvage, many searchable containers that can drop scrap and kobolds/undead you can kill for salvageable items. On top of that, at the bottom is an abundance of ore you can mine to fill your crafting exp pool and a bunch of fire elementals you can kill for gold and sulfurous ash.

Bom and FrostII like this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well we can do everything no skill caps, but I understand the thought behind wanting to specialize and being known as your specialty, like Master Blacksmith after your name, and I do very much think it would be good for the game if that were in place, but it just isn't. No one's character is special, everyone can do everything, hmmm, but that's another battle.;)

20. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Just don't steal them from NPC shops or you will take a virtue hit. :oops:

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.