Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

We're too late! He's Dead!

Discussion in 'Release 26 Bug Forum' started by Reviled, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reviled

Reviled Avatar

Title: We're too late! He's dead!

Issue: Wounded Guard (Winslow) unresponsive to trying to start a conversation through double click, doesn't have any animation on the floor for that matter, if that's atypical for him. Hilariously though I did get a "watch yourself!" from walking over him when first entering the building. Oh, speaking of that- why is he on the floor? There's a double bunk right next to him and his fellow officers won't even pick him up and put him on one.

Workaround: Well, as soon as I tried to let another player know in local, suddenly I was talking to the wounded guard instead in a new tab, so that happened. I suppose that changes the nature of the issue itself entirely. He's not dead, he's just really really shy.

Acred and Kara Brae like this.
  2. Stoofolo

Stoofolo Avatar

I encountered the same bug, typed /local and it let me interact with Winslow.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

At the time of this report we were experiencing some server irregularities that was gunking up being able to interact appropriately with NPCs. Can you confirm if you're still experiencing this issue? Thank you for reporting.

4. Reviled

Reviled Avatar

It took 2 attempts but it shows the 'winslow is asleep healing with the herbs you gave him' message pretty quickly.

5. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

He's not responsive for me. I did at least a hundred clicks. I verified I can interact with other NPC's in the area. Build 376, is it? The current build.

6. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Is there going to be a patch this release to try to wake up Winslow? If not, I'll stop kicking him in the head and move on to other things. Which reminds me, how about a "kick" emote?

7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

There might be one more patch this release to fix some of the bigger issues. Winslow being asleep not likely to be one of them. Bug submitted. He is indeed seeming sleepy.

Duchess Fionwyn likes this.
  8. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Thanks @Attenwood for the reply.

Thanks for this tip, I did the same. Once I typed his name in local, he replied. Then I typed *elixir* and a trade window opened so I was able to complete the quest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.