What can I make?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by CashierJ, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CashierJ

CashierJ Avatar

I'd like to know what sorts of things I can expect to make in the game, especially things that are functional and possibly useful. Is the potential for technology unlimited or are certain things from the real world simply impossible to exist in the game? Which, if any, of the following could be made in the basic game?

water/air pump
    grinder with gears
    Velcro-like fasteners
    magnetic compass
    manual or electrified drill
    combination lock
    whistle
    pulley
    electric battery and/or motor
    magnetic monopole
    sundial
    kaleidiscope
    telegraph set
    motion detector

Also, is there any such thing as patent protection for original inventions?

2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

You can craft
    - a water well to gather water for planting and growing food ingredients and magic reagencies, but you can als buy it and there are public available here and there in Towns
    - astrolabes which uncover something like astrology signs of the virtues at night sky if it's not cloudy, but afaik there is no real connection to gamemechanics like sieges atm. @Bowen Bloodgood can give you a deeper insight.
    - flutes and other playable Instruments ( ABC, MML) are craftable. Taming whistles.
    - it exist a Moondial, but it's a Pledge Reward item not craftable.
    I dont know of other things that would fit your list, maybe someone else know more.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

tabletop catapults are not currently useable, but are planned to be made so later.

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

*poof*

The astrolabe makes an additional layer of art visible in the night sky which makes the constellations plain to see. It's basically a visual aide. As for the sieges, they occur when a planet passes by a constellation. The constellation indicates where the siege will be, the planet which cabalist is involved in the siege.

However, it might be possible that a different version of moondial will be craftable later on. (I asked about this in a recent hangout.. ie within the last 3 months of so).

Wintermute of CoF and Stundorn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.