Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What do you guys think about the 4x bonus on post R26 wipe?

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Roycestein Kaelstrom, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Hell no. The entire player base will be forced to "play test" the slow exp at wipe. All of 30 people are play testing the upper levels. The upper levels are unbalanced. Why are you all in such a hurry to have exp at a dead crawl?

2. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Why are you so worried about character XP and levels that are only going to be temporary until that wipe? Again, this is all testing for the actual game for feedback, not anything we actually get to keep after the final wipe in July.

3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I like to test the upper levels? Things are not balanced? Why do you want to play at normal speed when that's coming in 5.5 months? Most of my posts are helpful hints or bug reports. I'm quite aware I'm testing and not playing.

4. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

And that's the point; 4X gain was fine for testing purposes, since we're going into the final wipe soon, I'd much rather see how the actual XP process works (similar to when other games do PTR testing) so the Devs can do their balancing and adjustment, prior to dropping it in July and then getting negative feedback from folks working on their permanent characters.

5. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

We are still testing. People are stun locking, slow locking, critting for 500, two shotting players. Upper level testing is just begining.

6. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Sorry I don't mean to :oops:

Kvow Triumvir likes this.
  7. helm

helm Avatar

I'm pretty sure quite a few people are going to do exactly that. If you want to participate in that, my understanding is that simply recreating your character anew slightly before the wipe will do the trick.

4EverLost likes this.
  8. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

Skill progression needs to be simplified so that skills and decks do not require micro management. To start, Strength Dexterity and Intelligence need to be moved out of the Skills Tree and into Character Stats to be managed by the game not the player.

mike11 likes this.
  9. mike11

mike11 Avatar

so called "4X" isn't doing a whole lot for me and leveling in general doesn't seem to work properly - which is a far better solution - IMO.
    I don't seem to get any training chance on combo's - not fun!
    Weird things like Strength train on "Light"spell.
    No big chance to level when using stacks??
    Can't sell abilities you don't want/need - terribad gold grind for basic class skills.

The system needs a lot of love to make it more finished is more important.

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I am sorry but this it totally Wrong, leave it so players have to manage their skills, I do not want a game that plays for me in ANY way. Hell the targeting system that picks a target for you because it knows what to hit better than you do is soo frustrating. BUT and this is a HUGE BUT, what we need in one of these release is the ability to pick 20 - 30 skills and set their level so we can test skills at higher level to see where all the imbalances are. ATM there are very few players putting in the effort to train up to max levels. This needs to be easier to achieve for a release or two for testing.

If for some reason you feel the need to start from a fresh char, it is easy, delete your char and then learn how to level. This is not testing though, that it learning how to play the game in the most expedious method to gain what you want.

helm likes this.
  11. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

classically in mmorpg a player has in the beginning slow progression, what results in lack of knowledge of the game. when you create a new toon after playing the game a certain time, your progression with this new toon will be way faster. I really hope, that after launch the xp will be on normal mode (1x) . We have all the time in the World.

12. helm

helm Avatar

Agree in general with the skills testing part -- as it is, folks with not too much time in their hands are only able to test a few skills at a very high level. Now how much that actually matters is...discussable. In any case it would probably be better for the game if testing certain skills at high level would be made easier - for example by a temporary (testing phase) delearning buff that would degrade a chosen skill level somewhat while restoring the spent xp back to the pool (usable like once a week or so, and definitely via an NPC, not item, because items can be sold/given/abused too easily). (EDIT - looks like something like this is already planned for the March wipe, i.e. "forgetting" skills)

A bit OT but I actually like the targeting system improvements -- as an RP justification your avatar knows, or at least should know which targets to hit better, from his/her viewpoint (better than the guy at the keyboard). You as a player do give a strong input to it by your orientation. This is one of the changes that has made mouselook based combat actually feasible, and fun. But maybe we can discuss it further on another thread :)

Just to be sure, one elaboration to avoid misunderstandings: deleting the char is not going to do anything to the 4x bonus, which is going to stay in its pre-wipe level.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  13. mike11

mike11 Avatar

anyways to me the hardest part is by far, that there is no refund for the price of abilities. It would be cool if abilities didn't always cost full 100G, takes time to kill chickens and cows for their carcasses.
    4X discount would be better. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.