What do you play after Double XP runs out while you wait for the next time?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Halfwitte, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

Just recently played God of War 10/10, fantastic game, I recommend it once the 2 week double xp grind ends and you can no longer stomach the thought of mining any more ore or running one more control point. Personally can't stand double xp weeks, because no PVP goes on as everyone is grinding and can't be bothered with anything other than monotonous grinding. So let's hear what everyone else plays on their sabbaticals from SoTA while you wait for the next double xp week.

hammadowna likes this.
  2. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I play Bizzarro Shroud of the Avatar. It's the version where I eat everyone.

Jaesun, Elwyn and hammadowna like this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I just play as usual regardless of whether it's double weekend xp or not.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I only play SOTA. I have so much going on in game and I don't just grind but have lots of projects, new players to help etc.

5. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

Ooops, me too, gotta keep scoring those points ;) and maintaining that perception wouldn't want anyone to believe there is life outside SoTA. Good catch there, so I guess I should rename the Post Title to is there anything you thought you might like to play, but haven't because SoTA has kept you too entertained, but you will once you quit SoTA, because you're dead.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    hammadowna likes this.
  6. Verit

Verit Avatar

Maybe you can change the title to "passive aggressive troll lives here" ?

You got genuine responses , but I supposed you were looking for people to bash the game and its grind.

Here I'll start:
    "Lol. I wouldn't play even with quadruple xp, I just spend time reading and posting on the forums because the game is lame."
    Better?

7. amarious

amarious Avatar

Will most likely go back to Conan Exiles and Tyranny..but also instead of grinding in SotA I'll be questing and learning how to pvp better.

Ataniiq and Magnus Zarwaddim like this.
  8. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I am a gamer so I usually play 1 other game while I play sota, which is my main game, to avoid burnout. Most recently that game has been State of Decay 2. I also have been squeezing in a game called For the King which is a fun little turned base game.

9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Double XP was/is great. Single XP is great too. I have not spent any extra time during this double, and since I always grind anyway my schedule will not change. I do play other games and enjoy them all.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

I don't play for XP, so.... double XP ending won't change my playing habits.

11. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I will still be playing the greatest RPG of all time - SOTA!!

12. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

i will get ready for next crafting double xp :D
    and clean my dirty butchery table

Ataniiq likes this.
  13. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

We already knew the people with SoTA responses pretty much play SoTA exclusively. Was kinda searching for a response that wasn't "I'm so deeply invested with money and time into SoTA I can't afford to play anything else." Didn't I ask in the post for something besides SoTA? BTW @Verit do you play anything besides SoTA no reason to be so sensitive about all of it. Curious to know what other SoTA players play if anything besides SoTA. Very well expected to be attacked by just mentioning something beside SoTA as sometimes people of the community are uncomfortable with people having a differing opinion about SoTA.

14. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I play the same way double exp or not. The new higher level areas and new stuff coming to taming have me pretty excited! I love this game!

Ataniiq, Jaesun, Mac2 and 2 others like this.
  15. Verit

Verit Avatar

I have very limited game time these days.
    Mostly play SotA, but I started Tyranny and Kingdom Come and both are enjoyable so far.

You can think what you like about SotA, I'm comfortable with it and with my decision to spend time and money on SotA.

Mac2 likes this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yes you did of course. Project Gorgon is a game I played earlier. It is coming a long nicely. I also have kick started Chronicles of Elrium, Legends of Aria and perhaps another game. I've played SWTOR, Black Desert a little during the making of this game. I mostly do so to get ideas and to just check them out.

So I did kickstart this game at an upper tier but that is not what keeps me here mainly. I still have hopes that certain things will get addressed and I love lots of ideas coming in the game but I'm not totally satisfied. I am stubborn though and really want these things addressed and if I give up and stop fighting for them will it happen anyway? Here's hoping that the journal issues get addressed and made better and that the lost and confused become enlightened through improved game play mechanics and UI. Well how conceited am I and to think I know best lol. (Being sarcastic here and obsessive) ;)

So I stay here mostly now since I do have a lot to do. I really enjoy the music aspect of sota and love to sync songs and try to figure out how to make that easier to pass out songs in a group. I want to pass little bags to other players with the song parts in them but you cannot trade little bags with another player with items in it and giving everyone permission high enough on a lot to pick up their own is something I really don't like doing. I should be able to give them the bags of songs then they can open them up and type /play songtitle instramentname sync to prepare each song as we play it in in their little bag. Anyway so I do this type of thing sometimes and yesterday I did some of it and then grouped for upper tears with other players.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Jaesun, Verit and amarious like this.
  17. amarious

amarious Avatar

Tyranny is so good. I've been playing SotA pretty hardcore since persistence and Tyranny was the first game since then that really held my interest.

18. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I play Elite Dangerous and Witcher and Microsoft solitaire.

19. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

same stuff I do now

Duke Gréagóir and Jaesun like this.
  20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Halfwitte
    So, I take it you enjoy PvP ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.