What do you want out of end game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alayth, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alayth

Alayth Avatar

The general sense I've gotten reading the responses of others is that they don't want an end game that looks like WoW and its clones. That is, level/gear grinding, giant raids, etc. seem to be unpopular.

So once you're done with the main content of the game - done the storyline quests, all of the sidequests you can find, explored all of the interesting places, maxed your levels, gotten the best equipment, beaten any baddies you want, and basically done everything at least once... What would keep you interested in the game? What features do you want to see that would keep the game fresh and interesting to you for years without constantly added content?

2. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

3. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

In a living world, where you can be part of that world, there is no need for an "end game."

4. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I think a lot of us are trying to envision the beginning of the game! It's been my experience that the things that keep me logging into an online game are my friends. I guess that would mean that the most important thing to me is the community. For the single player version of the game, it will be 100% story. The community is the most important part for an online game for me. (You'd think I wouldn't be such a jerk if that were the case... lol.)

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  5. Maka

Maka Avatar

I hope at the end game we still have exploration! I'm a big fan of looking around the world and spelunking. :) End game crafting as OSullivan mentioned I also think will be very big. Especially with people owning homes, taverns & guild halls. I truly hope I'm right that this game is going to be something very special.

Time Lord, Miracle Dragon and Joviex like this.
  6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I would say role play scenarios, player made quests and in general a good healthy community alive with crafting and social interactions.

7. Ferrus

Ferrus Avatar

This.

8. Mavro

Mavro Avatar

As mentioned I hope there's no "end" but it just continues to grow. By this I mean content is continually added, I don't mean just slapped on but thought through.

Miracle Dragon and 3devious like this.
  9. Kain3

Kain3 Avatar

Ill take two please :D

10. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

An ever-changing world
    Repetitive things still fun
    The other players
    Framework mechanics to allow freeplay

That last one is things like the theaters where I could, say, write my own play, recruit other players, rehearse it, have a run of performances and become famous. None of that has to be 'in the game' except the ability to have a stage where tickets can be sold and crowds can be silenced.

Miracle Dragon and Dean478 like this.
  11. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

If the SotA is made we hope it will be made, I am sure that we can say that there would be no end; because things will never be exactly the same.

12. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Episode 2 will hopefully be out before many people have experienced everything, especially achieved/gotten everything. Especially rare items. That is what I forsee doing after the storyline is done is hunting rares, exploring, taking part in community events. part of the rare hunting is likely then going to be using those rares to craft new items, enhance my old items, etc.

There were early talks of achievements in the game as well, so just because you killed 100 of something doesn't mean that's enough, you might need to go kill 900 more to get a special cloak or title. So I'll probably be doing a bit of achievement chasing. In WoW I didn't care for the achievements, they didn't do anything but I could brag about it. If I'm going to chase them I want something worthwhile, even if it has no increase in power, if it's just something different (cloak/title/decoration) that is good.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  13. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I was going to write something similar to this. Simply, I don't want an end game, that would be a colossal failure of the game design of SotA. Everyday I log onto this game I should be smacked in the face with the creativity and newness of the community.

14. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I've explained in other threads end game means, You have gotten to the end of what content has been created, in minecraft, you have diamonds, (or highly enchanted full diamond gear) Actually they did add ender dragon in so that does actually have an end now. With animal crossing you fished everything, got max sized house and found every fossil and bug. The game still goes on and you can continue finding things you haven't before, but really you are at end-game.

This game will have a point we can say is end game, like you could for UO even, full set of best possible equipment, max skills. you are at end game. I could hit end game in uo in a matter of days. But there are those little extras every pushes for.

It's "the End game" Why do you continue playing when you've collected most content, finished the story. You don't want to admit it's there but it's in every game and it will be in this one.

(Mario paint has no end-game, but it does have a point where you've unlocked all the features, and all thats left to do is make music or pictures, so that could still be considered end-game)

Alayth likes this.
  15. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

The $2M stretch goal. This is why I pledged. For an RPG where the PvP matters.

16. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

For me "End Game" means that I've maxxed out my character level/skill wise and/or completed the main story/quest line(s).

Beyond that point, I hope we have a robust resource gathering/crafting system for my character to make a living as a goods trader. Secondly, I hope that the Hex/Scene system will be used to provide a dynamic world where if I go into Random_Scene_001 in April, then revisit it in November, there is something different happening. It doesn't necessarily have to tie in with the main storyline, but having the Scenes change on occasion with new mini-quests and content is a welcome thing to keep the game fresh.

From there it comes down to waiting for the next Episode to be released.

As for post Episode 5... well being that far down the road, it's hard to say really, isn't it?

Mishri likes this.
  17. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Players take over the werld in a uo like setting.

Ideally players have multiple social hubs or groupings as well as multiple interest based groupings.

Lots of social system ingame to promote and invoke players to try to be cool or powerful or evil.

Sent from my GT-S5690M using Tapatalk 2

Skalex likes this.
  18. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yes, but I know one thing that would be AMAZING to offer players. A way to transport your character to a "new world". Maybe it would just be a promise, or maybe it would be something far greater than that, but just think how cool it would've been if RG had thought that far ahead when he made UO. It's possible that they could make a type of time capsule that captured the wealth and stats of all the interested players of Episode 5 to be forever "saved".

Then one day some 15 to 20 years from now, someone's grandchildren could buy up the rights to this packet of information and use it in a new game. There's actually great value to be created from something like this. Dallas, make it so! :)

19. smack

smack Avatar

For me, I would reach the "end game" if I finished the main storyline quests and perhaps any and all additional content/quests the game has to offer, explored every nook and cranny of New Britannia, and maybe even every skill. But I don't expect for that to happen until after I "complete" Episode 5. Beyond that, the interactive sandbox will provide that experience, especially with UGC -- be they online using the framework provided or offline via mod tools. But I think that toolset will be fairly limited with Ep1, so I'm hoping this game is highly successful so we can start adding tons of new goals/features for Ep2+.

20. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Hmmm. My end game would be me overthrowing Lord British and become king of New Britannia! ;)

Sorry only 1 of these end games are available. I don't want to be overthrown, you know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.