Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What happend with gold price ?

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by ZODROT, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZODROT

ZODROT Avatar

I have a question about Economy balance.
    Ores prices super low and gold prices drop so fast...
    What happend ? it's like a crisis!
    You had a property for 100$, than a patch come out and you lose 30-40%...
    Just intrest if this a planned changes ?

2. Katu

Katu Avatar

Well, this is what everyone wanted right? Economy that is tied to outer world. Outer world has had some troubles lately and "investors" are pulling money out of the system.

Mirroring to real life, if you invest to corporation and then something bad happens, typically hasty investors start to pull investments out, to cash as much as they can.

Lyndoman, Brewton and Hornpipe like this.
  3. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

Katu is right. To much IGG is in the game.

And you can do nothing with it, so many people try to make their IGG to real money.

Another reason could be: in US are Summer Vacation, so many player dont play right now and *perhaps* many player left/ are leaving SotA, because they dotn like the actualy game features, so they want to make their gold and items to real money as fast as they can.

I feel a bit mad about, seeing ingame many player vendors are sitting, so the first sign is, that the offer is much larger then the demand of goods.

Thats economy

Katu, Gorthyn and Hornpipe like this.
  4. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

Adrian (Kung Fu Master) Avatar

I agree with Katu. It's a buyer market right now, assuming you don't use RL money to buy things.

Theories why Gold is devalued:
    1) Players are cashing out and selling off their asset; and/or
    2) Too many players are making gold too fast, and flooded the market with gold; and/or
    3) Free housing lottery pumped out too many free deeds to players, overly supplied the housing market, thus depreciated your deeds value; and/or
    4) No demand. I've been watching the marketplace forum very closely and notice a lot of old faces are still around; however, the demand to buy things isn't there anymore. Players can make anything they wanted to because it's a classless system.

5. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I see fewer and fewer players playing anymore (the old one who, like I, played long ago, when wipes were often and the game not nearly as refined as it is now. The game play is so amazing now. But since all Old rewards are now useless or easily obtainable, many old players are selling out. Thus lots or sale and few buyers, so prices go down.

6. mass

mass Avatar

Some of it might be the double xp weeks/weekends. People be grindin' fierce putting lots of gold into the economy. My friends list has been pretty big during double xp.

Lhamabomb and Elwyn like this.
  7. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

the lotteries are a gold negative not postitive as they suck money out with the tickets and any deed placed from the lottery has a rent.

I never knew what anyone was doing with the gold so the value of it always make me wonder. People buy it a million at a time. What can I really do with a million gold that its worth $150(now less).

I suspect its one or more of these:
    1) overall player base is maturing so there is a shift of players from net buyers to net sellers. In other words: not enough new players:.
    2) new areas drop too much gold. I'm looking at you, Upper Tears. That zone pays out FAR FAR better than grinding mages or moneys. I wonder if its so much its killing gold.
    3) No loot to buy!! We are finding the same stupid loot we were finding 6 months ago. And most of it is trash.

8. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Tier 1 skeleton archer: gold and/or corpse wax, maybe a shoddy short bow
    Tier 2 skeleton archer: gold and/or corpse wax, shoddy short bow
    Tier 3 skeleton archer: gold and/or corpse wax, shoddy long bow
    Tier 4 skeleton archer: gold and/or corpse wax, shoddy long bow
    Tier 5 skeleton archer: gold and/or corpse wax, shoddy long bow, maybe a skeleton bone
    Tier 6-10 skeleton archer: gold and/or corpse wax, LONG bow, maybe a skeleton bone

Tier 8 Lich Archer: gold and/or corpse wax, LONG bow, MAYBE a skull
    Tier 9 Lich Archer: gold and/or corpse wax, LONG bow, MAYBE a skull
    Tier 10 Lich Sharpshooter: gold and/or corpse wax, LONG bow, MAYBE a skull
    Tier 11 Lich Sharpshooter: gold and/or corpse wax, LONG bow, MAYBE a skull

Note, there is nothing hard and fast about this list in terms of stated difficulty levels, but the loot is about right.

Just goes to show the lack of understanding with regards to progression. If you graphed this in terms of difficult vs loot, difficulty would skyrocket off the chart before loot went from 0 to 1.

Another small example:

Ebon cultist/generic bandit mage (tier 1): 1-2 reagents, some gold, trash loot, cloth armor piece, lesser wand and/or lesser staff
    Ebon cultist High Grand Wizard (about tier 8-9?): 1-2 reagents, some gold, trash loot, cloth armor piece, lesser wand and/or lesser staff

That curve would be zero. Why in the hell am I getting the same wand and staff types from the peon mage that I get from the guy who should be damn near the head of the order?????

smh....

Witcheypoo and sardon777 like this.
  9. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

William Devane wants you to continue buying gold.
    [​IMG]

10. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

I have seen a lot of this and I do it myself!! Mining during double xp and have dumped their ore on the vendors driving down the price.
    But that could be just one piece to the puzzle.

mass likes this.
  11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Nothing to worry about, this is why...

We are in 2x producer XP right now and people like myself are spending a FORTUNE on crafting materials to craft (gold sinks which really are dissapearing into a sink). I've spend hundreds of thousands of gold on raw mats like wax, coal and such. I have bought tons of stuff from gatherers. Gatherers themselves are hard core hitting mining now that they get 1000 xp per node vs 500 so they are saturating the market. odly enough, contrary to what you say, the big crafters in my guild were complaining that ore prices went up, so you may not be as attuned to the real market as you might think.

As someone who sold 20 mil gold worth of stuff from my vendor in Jan-Mar, in the past few months I have sold almost nothing. people just dont have gold right now because they are literally dumping it into sinks.

Take this weekend for example, how many barrels of booze do you think were created across the game... tens of thousands I bet. Think of all the gold going into buying the mats for that (I spent a fortune on barley).

I know people in my guild that were literally buying 1 mill gold worth of black pearls for crafting scrolls (again, a complete gold sink, those scrolls really wont enter the economy).

Then add to this all the people farming Tears all day long. While gold inst great (I think I calculated I earned ~8000 after farming over 7 hours strait), but it is a constant over a long period of time with a lot of people.

So, yes were are seeing this on the supply and demand curve in the game with changing prices but its nothing surprising at all.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Brewton likes this.
  12. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

The theory is pretty basic. They want new people to be able to accumulate wealth (averaging 30 gold per mob instead of 1 gold and only killing 1 mob at a time) and the high level people to not hammer the economy (averaging 30 gold per mob instead of 100 gold and killing 10 at a time). So in short, you as a adv lvl 110 player can honestly probably kill things 10x faster so you actually are making a lot more gold.

You see them design this proper when a high level mob at tier 8+ does drop a 100 gold box instead of the tier 1 mob that drops a 20 gold bow. This is largely because even a high level person can only kill a few tier 8 mobs at one time. So you actually *ARE* making much better gold then a low level player. But that high level player can kill 50 tier 1 mobs in the

You have to unplug your "real world" thought in video games. They need to make certain things artificial to make things work. Economy in this game has 10,000 variables. Economy in real life has 1 billion variables.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  13. 3devious

3devious Avatar

And lot rent for row lots we're cut in half plus you don't have to buy them now. You can quest for it.

14. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

I'm not saying you make the gold greater, I'm talking about the things that make you feel like you are progressing.

The items you gather in loot are part of that.

If I kill and loot a mage, and get a POC wand, and kill the guy heading his order and loot him, and get the same POC wand, I am left with a feeling of "WhyTF am I even bothering to do this???"

Sure, the higher level mage has a RANDOM chance to drop a RANDOMIZED loot bag, that 99/100 times is worth maybe 5 gold. Yes people still get somewhat excited about a yellow bag, and a little more about a blue one, but the chances are pretty high that your random (slightly more than non-zero) chance to receive a random level ticket to a random lottery that will almost assuredly pay out at 5-10 gp for the first three levels of ticket.

Allowing them to drop crappy armor pieces was a step in the right direction, but when it comes to the standard drops, there is zero sense of progression.

Mage: crap, crap.
    Archer: crap, minutely better crap, slightly better crap, standard level crap.
    Warrior: crap, moderate crap, standard crap, good crap, pricey crap.

(Its all "crap", as player made weapons being the best automatically relegates loot item to that level)

The only mob type with any sense of progression is the warrior, as that is the one that provides the greatest variety and range in drops.

Worried about gold flooding the market? Normalize the loot value levels.

Crap = 5-10 gp
    minutely better crap = 10-15 gp
    slightly better crap = 20-25 gp
    standard level crap = 25-50 gp
    good crap = 50-75 gp
    pricey crap = 90-115 gp

And on up from there, or dial them down even more.

There is soooooooo much room for improvement in the loot tables, that could lead to increased depth in other areas of the game.

A couple of examples:

- Make the crap worth almost nothing at the vendor, but provide things that are useful if salvaged, rather than EVERYTHING at the "good crap" and lower providing a few pieces of scrap. This increases the depth of crafting, filling a huge gap between base level craftables and the masterworked/enchanted ones that the hilts and strings were starting to close.

- Increase the variety that you already see in different racial warrior type mobs for the other two types. It may seem an alien concept, but seeing pretty much the exact same loot, regardless of difficulty, bores the hell out of most people!

There are so many more ways to increase variety, value and depth of the loot received WITHOUT drowning the game in gold!!!

sardon777 and ZODROT like this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Wait, are you complaining about the RMT value of gold?

16. Katu

Katu Avatar

@2112Starman What I ment with my comment about outer world, was that there were layoffs and future of the game is a bit uncertain. It will go on, yes, but will there be more players? I bet thats something that those, who are here to make money IRL are really looking out for. RMT binds it to real world ( not to our economy outside, but still its tight bond) and someone might see this as a point, where its better get the cash out while is going at some rate.
    I'm speculating here, like the rest of us.

Double xp sounds plausible theory. Players will grind so much at these days, that It has to have somekind of impact on gold flows.

17. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Fairly certain he is.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well, if he is then that's just too bad.

Jaesun and Xandra7 like this.
  19. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

When I said the same loot I didnt' mean the rusty spoons ..I mean artifacts and such. We need a new batch of rare useful artifacts to hunt for. Perhaps hide them in more difficult group play areas or something. I'm tired of getting the same silly +10 attunement rings nobody really wants.

Brugas likes this.
  20. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Of course he is. Its a concern. Its what keep gold valuable in game. Otherwise people that have zillions of gold will stop accepting it as payment for anything they find. The fact they can convert it to Real Money is what makes them keep accepting it. They either need to care about Real Money value of gold or they need other reasons for people to want it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.