What happened to the Naming of NPC's by supporters?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Draco, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draco

Draco Avatar

Weren't we (depending on bought in level) supposed to be able to name an NPC? Why haven't I received anything on this yet? I would have thought that this would be here already.

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

There was no notification sent out to Dev+ backers. Instead, posts have been made in the Dev+ forums from time to time when they are doing a new city. Dev+ backers who had not yet claimed the reward can respond and name their NPC.

Between the 6 parts of Brittany I'm sure there are a few hundred NPCs that need to be named so I assume there will be one of those posts again soon. For example, here is a link where @Lum was requesting names for Aerie.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/npc-submissions-requested-for-aerie.43142/

3. Draco

Draco Avatar

That's what I was afraid of. Anything that was part of pledges should be being contacted on via email, and not just posted on the forums. Not everyone looks here.

Baalice and Mykll like this.
  4. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Small Dev team, doubtful they had the time to contact everyone personally via email may be why they posted in the Dev+ forums.

Ice Queen likes this.
  5. enderandrew

I agree that they should have sent a totally separate email to Dev+ backers.

I will say in Port's defense that the call for NPC names from Dev+ backers has been in weekly update emails. But I suspect not everyone reads all of those weekly updates.

6. Draco

Draco Avatar

Doesnt matter on the size of the dev team, they can easily email the appropriate tier group in one shot, and even point them to a forum thread.

Baalice and John Markus like this.
  7. Draco

Draco Avatar

I have read a majority of those, but they are quite long, and I do not remember seeing any requests in one.

Baalice and Mykll like this.
  8. enderandrew

Here is an example weekly update email where they requested Dev+ members to submit names for Kiln.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=55134

The weekly update emails are so long I literally can't read the whole thing in my email. Gmail won't display it all. I have to click the link to read the update on the site. But if you don't read the whole thing every week (and not everyone has the time or inclination) then you can easily miss those.

Perhaps they could send a non-weekly newsletter email to Dev+ backers with a completely different subject line to make people aware of what they've been doing, and the cities that remain where they can still claim this reward.

9. Draco

Draco Avatar

Yep, thats what they should do, not a biggy, but important since it's part of what we paid for.

Baalice, Mykll and enderandrew like this.
  10. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

11. Draco

Draco Avatar

Yes, I saw that, thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.