What happened to the physical version of the game ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clone62, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clone62

clone62 Avatar

Frankly, the game is not what I expected, leaves much to be desired, it seems a game made by a novices and this is not the case, I hope at least have the physical version of the game....

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  2. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Title doesn't match comment? Physical version is meant to come with all the physical rewards, I think they're meant to come by the end of Q2, so end of next month it should ship I believe.

Nelzie and iansmellios like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@clone62 welcome to the game. There is a lot here that may not be seen by a lower level player. I would be happy to show you some things anytime. I'm Majoria in the game. Send me a whisper or mail message in game.

We have a mail system so you can send a note if someone is offline. Visit a bank and click on the mailbox there and click on send mail and playername then continue and write a short subject and click send.

Also no one needs to be homeless. I offer free rooms to anyone as many others do.

Then we have the raffle you can play for your own deed over time. Deeds drop as loot and players sell deeds also but usually for quite a large amount of gold, but staying in a rent free room or house gives an opportunity to place chests, deco if you want and have a bind spot. You never need to live out of your bank.

We also have a fantastic music system that you can sync music with other players. It is amazingly fun. I hear other players surprised that they liked it so much as was I at first when we got it.

And if I may ask. What was it that you were expecting that you have not found the game to be? Feedback is really valuable and the game doesn't always do the best job of telling you where and what there is.

I do hope you might consider checking the game out a bit further but no pressure. You do know what you like and we are still progressing getting features in the game that many of us are waiting for such as enhanced fishing system, agriculture, and later mounts, boating, treasure hunting etc. But we do have lots to do unfortunately some of the content requires you to work your character up enough but we have looking for group to join int with other players to raise skills faster and less boring perhaps. You can get plenty of help if you will. Best wishes to you.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  4. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

Not sure I follow here - what does the physical version of the game have to do with your displeasure with it?

5. clone62

clone62 Avatar

• I do not think it is absurd to ask for the physical version of the game, especially being one that contributed from almost the beginning of the project, spent 5 years and know little or nothing about the physical version to which I contributed
    • I'm sorry but i am honest and i don't know what the surprise on my comment, the game seems incomplete, after waiting so long it is logical that does not meet my expectations, I'll try it again more forward to see whether they have been resolved some of the problems that has the game, I really hope they will improve it, make it an entertaining game and stable, I say this as a fan of ULTIMA.

Koldar likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Are you talking about your physical goods that came with your pledge? If you are then that is in the works. And you are very vague, which problems, not saying there are not any? And many of us are fans of Ultima. I am a fan of UO actually the most. It was a life experience for me to play online with others. I got to see a different side of myself and really I am in game now and would love to chat. Those who know me do know that I can do that. I've played this game since the very beginning and I will continue to providing feedback to get things improved and updated but being upset does nothing and especially if you do not know that game. We don't know if you know the game since you are being vague. So not trying to be snarky or anything, just trying to find out what you are trying to tell us.

hammadowna likes this.
  7. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

It's pretty straight forward really. He's wondering about the physical version of the game that was offered to pledges of certain levels and when it will ship.

Hopefully the end of Q2 2018. But that date has been delayed before, so don't hold your breath.

8. clone62

clone62 Avatar

With all due respect, you know very well what are the problems of the game, i dont have to enumerate them, as I said earlier, I hope that you and your team resolve these problems and have an entertaining and stable game. I mean precisely to that version of the game (physical goods that came with your pledge), the truth is know little or nothing about it (It's been 5 years), I pledge SHROUND OF THE AVATAR above all by the promise of a single player experience (in the style of ULTIMA). I look forward for more information on physical goods that came with my pledge, thanks.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Koldar and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  9. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

[​IMG]
    *places himself (me, Dai) in a corner to behave*

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Chatele likes this.
  10. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Arr, ye physical version!

[​IMG]

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

News from the last livestream. No one can hurry them for you and this game is not just offline and it is online which I play. Most games do take 5 years or even more to make and this one was limited by going the crowdfunded way. I'm sorry you are disappointed at this point. This game well for me the online version of this game has truly a lot of wonderful. I feel it does need work but for me I trust the team to keep working away to address everything as their budget allows. I am not talking to argue because you feel how you feel.

There is nothing anyone can do about the length of time this game is taking to make and how soon delivery will happen spo nothing anyone can do about the wait. I don't expect the wait to be too much longer and also I who knows but this game is not going to be another Ultima even when the offline game gets all the attention it still needs. I understand and hear you are speaking your own frustration and disappointment because of many things. Sending best wishes to you and I hope you get the physical goods you are waiting for soon. For me it has never been about making another Ultima and Ultimas were not even my favorite single player games. I actually was a huge fan of Ultima Online which helped me through some hard times and brought a lot of fun into my life as well. I really loved the Wizardry Games so much for single player. So best wishes and If I can help anytime let me know I am Majoria in game well in the Online game. :)

• Physical Goods:
      • Physical Manual: Denis Loubet has completed all of the illustrations for the manual. We are making final changes based on our last review, and we will be sending it to the printer next week.
      • [​IMG]
      • Runic & Quick Reference Card: Our version of the “Rosetta Stone” helps you translate Runic to English. On the reverse side is a quick keyboard commands reference card. The art has been completed, it is undergoing a final review, and we will be sending it to the manufacturer for printing very soon.
      • Our Epic Origins: This compendium of Richard’s first Dungeons and Dragons character and dungeon designs, plus the Story of Mondain, has been completed, is being reviewed even now, and will be sent to the printer next week.
      • [​IMG]
      • Ankh Pendant: This fine artifact, digitally sculpted by Denis Loubet, has reached the stage where the initial physical master has been produced, approved by us, and is ready for its brushed silver finish. Manufacturing of the full run will soon begin in earnest. NOTE: Picture is before silver finish has been applied.
      • [​IMG]
      • Cloth Map: The most recent proof of our wonderful Cloth Map has been received, approved, and the manufacturing process has begun.
      • Tinkerer’s Certificates and Property Deeds: The printing process for all of these is complete, and they are all being trimmed down now to fit nicely within the Collector’s Box. We will be receiving these by the end if this week.
      • DVD with Installer and Soundtrack: We have received the final art templates for these, have already begun the art production process, and should have these complete within a few weeks to send off to the printer.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  12. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

I’m not sure what’s happening. Other than a boxed copy of SOTA what r we talking about?

13. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Just a few weeks before Q2 ends... Waiting for a notification about yet another delay…

But at least those who spend money during the telethon will get the cloth maps even faster than those Kickstarter-backers who are waiting for more than FIVE YEARS….

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  14. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

*facepalm*

Jaesun, MrBlight and Montaigne like this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Just to clarify not everyone who spends money on todays telethon/livestream will get the cloth map.

per Chri's on his daily work blog: UPDATE: Changing up the map contest a bit. We will give away TWO maps per half hour of the stream! One will go to the biggest spender during that half hour. The other one will go to a random person who purchased anything during that half hour.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ris-daily-work-blog.85584/page-8#post-1057214

16. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I have no issue with them giving away extra maps. What I WOULD have an issue with is if they:

1) ship these maps before our kickstarter maps, or
    2) give these maps extra signatures that our kickstarter maps do not/will not have.

If either of those things happen, then there will be issues. Because that wouldn't be very cool.

Sir_Hemlock, Koldar and Deadly Habit like this.
  17. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Why would they care? They already got the Kickstarter backers money. They gotta keep tapping the bank accounts of the diehard people who spend, spend, spend every telethon.

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  18. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Be that as it may, there is no reason why the winners can't receive the exact same thing we're receiving at the same time we receive it.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You don't need to spend a cent. You also don't need to worry about other people's bank accounts.

hammadowna likes this.
  20. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

OK. According to the live stream it has been delayed again...
    Laughable, embarassing, a farce... F I V E years...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.