Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What have you guys done to my game? :'(

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by bloodluv, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodluv

bloodluv Avatar

since release 33 my game has crashed 7 times, it never did that when i first started playing in 32.
    Now today i load into novia from hidden vale and my client FROZE!

NOOOOO!!!!! :'( :'(

Magos likes this.
  2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

that happens to me in multiplayer online mode... before it was just laggy... now it just plain stops responding... single player online is a godsend...

3. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

The game is still early access. Things like this will happen from time to time.

4. bloodluv

bloodluv Avatar

i'm in desperation mode right down, i'm having Sota withdrawls, with all the lag and technical problems release 33 brought, i'm forced to play another game, and i don't want that, and neither does Portal i hope! :'(

5. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

I feel your frustration roosota. I don't crash outright, but keep getting disconnected from the network--especially after 8 or 9 pm my time (Norway) as the US folks come online. It is really frustrating and I have posted in the bug forum but have not had any response from anyone at Port. I am certain it is not on my end, so I wish they would spin up some more bandwidth or whatever they need to do.

Cheers,
    Cornfellow

6. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

The loss of connection from 'congestion' on the network has got extremely bad - yesterday I ended up disconnedted five times, and had several times in-game where the warning came up and I could do nothing until it cleared - which makes hunting a very frustrating experience. I'm connecting from the UK, but I'm not sure that is relevant to the problem since guildmates in the US have also been getting bad 'pauses'.

It looks awfully like there just isn't the bandwidth at Portalarium's end to handle the growing and more active player numbers.

Solazur likes this.
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Please post on the bug/blocker sub forum with more details on your computer spec.

I did notice that my client can crash if I run into areas where there are heavy dynamic decoration items.

The clothes sim and scence change crashes don't happen anymore.

x_Selene_x likes this.
  8. Magos

Magos Avatar

Same as OP. Crashes about once an hour in solo/friend online.

9. Smurfwizard

Smurfwizard Avatar

Same as OP & Magos. Crashes about once an hour in solo/friend online.

10. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

No crashes but I am getting the The loss of connection from 'congestion' on the network issue. Doubt it is my internet because usually my guildies say they are experiencing this also when I mention it in voice chat.

11. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

I dont understand, why cant I play this game on my 1968 laptop anymore.. ok technically i never could, but NOW I definitely cannot. Its like it doesnt have enough space or something, maybe the game is leaking memory? I guess it could also be the connection, although, I AM sitting on a backbone, so maybe the internet is just not build for this kind of game or maybe its just Portalarium hasnt really got the equipment for running an online game. I also get graphical problems, its like almost always a black screen. I think they should have gone with another engine, that Unity thing is just... i mean, why Unity at all? Unity dont work on my laptop... **** I just HAVE to play another game now!! :)

12. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

I have lost connection once since r32. My GPU however gets it's butt kicked on any setting which makes little sense

13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

What operating systems are you guys running on?

14. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Win 8.1u x64

I pity the people on 10

15. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I have experienced this a few times as well, but when it happens, I also lose voice coms to things like TeamSpeak and Discord voice as well.

I cannot say if it's truly the game as I can run through Central Brittany just fine in one moment, but then get disco' thirty minutes later in Soltown.

Aurelius Silverson likes this.
  16. Toff

Toff Avatar

My rig was crashing often so I switched to my laptop till I figured it out. I found that my CPU was overheating, my liquid cooling failed. Now my daughter plays Sims and other games all the time without problems but for some reason Sota was taxing my CPU. Once I replaced the cooling all is great again.

I guess my point is to look at your hardware for possible problems.

17. Aurelius Silverson

While I have had the disconnection for 'network congestion' several time,s I've also seen this happen, although only twice so far.

18. Aurelius Silverson

Windows 10 Pro

19. Roycestein Kaelstrom

I'm using Windows 10 PRO on Surface Pro 2 and a desktop (8-core AMD with GTX 970). I haven't got any connection issue unless my wifi connection is flaky. The crashes I got so far was due to running pass someone house with tons of decoration. Not as often as the crashes at scene changes that kinda go after the issue with clothes sim was identified.

20. Gix

Gix Avatar

I've had a similar experience in R32... a game that hardly ever crashed was suddenly crashing constantly. I'm not sure if it was the hotfixes or R33 but it's now fixed (for me).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.