What I would do... For Episode 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razimus, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Actually mostly what they've been saying:

1. Quest and Journal overhaul (but don't turn it into a WoW clone)
    2. A strong narrative.
    3. A tidy up on Episode 1 connectors from NUE to mid-content for new players.
    4. Treasure Hunting (giving players reasons to go places = always good)
    5. A better dialogue box (but we're getting Lua so I'll shut up about it now, I promise @Chris) - they did put some improvement into it recently. They took a crack at it and for that, I am really grateful.
    6. New continent sounds pretty cool! I love the mystery of the "Not Serpent Isles" ;) (plus UO Second Age was baller, more snake people pls!!)
    7. Player dungeon rating would probably be good if the house rating thing works out.
    Pity we won't get boats and horses but hey, there's always episode 3 right?

2. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

What I read from this response is, you had fun in the game with all players in the same instance once, and you admit it was fun, but the fun times are a thing of the past, been there, done that, on to the non-fun-future, who needs fun when we all experienced it once in the past? Good logic. Why even bother having fun at all, ever, when you had fun once.

I was there, I saw players swimming with LB, but there was fun beyond LB being there, the fun was there were other players there as well, something I haven't seen in this game in a long time. It's not that the players don't exist, they do, they just can't see each other. And to correct my previous statement, Garriott did intent for houses to be non-instanced-houses and they were non-instanced during the early tests, when there was only one instance, so I don't blame him for the now fully instanced housing set up, and the offline mode was always intended. It's the online modes where you exclude you and your house from other online players where the non-instanced houses become fully instanced. The instancing goes beyond what mode you set your game to, you can actually be in the same mode as someone else and they be in an alternate instance, if they don't have the exact patch of the game, which is what I realized when I tried to see my house from my nephew's account. Instancing kills online games. Yet everyone wants to hide away in their cubbyholes of oblivion. It doesn't matter how much work you put into an online game if you have no one else online to experience it with you, in that case it might as well be a single player game, or a game on a piece of paper, making the online aspect obsolete.

Grimace2 likes this.
  3. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Then this probably isn't what they meant by it.
    They (Grimace2) was probably just sharing an experience off the cuff.

Grimace2 likes this.
  4. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Operating under the assumption you meant, "intend".

However, can you please clarify your statement below:

So...they were non-instanced back when there was one instance and now were fully instanced? Am I following your vernacular correctly?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.