Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What in the world is happening in Ardoris?

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Quenton, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I went to Sequanna Square for the first time this release, and all these new NPC sounds are in. Frequent kissing, laughing, moaning, struggling, cowering, a knowing laugh, someone yelling woooooooo! woooo, a big moan at the end of a yawn, more moaning.

I just went up to the trainer. Yes, the world feels more alive now but I don't think the residents of the city of love realise how thin the walls are. Who can blame them, it seems most of them are outside. One of them - the first I found when I went looking for the source of the noise - turned out to be a child, who was apparently cowering in fear "from a bad man".

I think the sounds need to be looked at again. They need to be a lot less frequent, and the radius you hear them at needs to be dropped down. Maybe the volume of them as well. I don't know if walls can be taken into account here, but if possible, they should.

The Oracle's clanking noise and the watcher's buzzing noise have a similar issue, albeit of a different overtone - annoying rather than outright sexual.

2. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

all the patch notes since chickens in a basement say sound fx arent right - its a known bug for over three years now. so many posts , so little .... time? money? idk Go ask at the telethon, you'll hear they are working on it. it'll happen just turn down the volume. Nothing to hear here :)

THE HENDOMAN

3. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Wait until you get within the sound radius of a drunk.

4. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I'm not loving the new NPC sounds either. I love the idea, but they're a bit too frequent and too many sounds are moans for apparently no moany reason. I was in Spite earlier today and kept hearing this weird moaning every few seconds and it was from a guard walking behind me. He was just walking. He did yawn later, that was cool, but he was moaning a tad too much while simply walking around; I don't want to think about how it must have been in a huge city center, like Ardoris!

Hermetic, Tamsen, majoria70 and 3 others like this.
  5. mass

mass Avatar

Whew! Thought it was just me. I'm all for adult content in games, but this seems unintentional :)

6. uhop

uhop Avatar

Kambrius likes this.
  7. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This was a question we answered on the telethon. It's a bug related to the detection radius of each NPC that we are looking to fix!

Tamsen, Quenton and Fister Magee like this.
  8. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Thanks for responding here - I wasn't at the telethon and I would've missed the answer! I'm sure I'm not alone.

mass likes this.
  9. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Was there a quest regarding this bad man?
    Who was it and where was he? Did you search for him? What did the child have to say about this man?

10. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I'm sure there was, but that's not the point of this post.

11. Technowitch

Technowitch Avatar

My character took care of the Bad Man who was killing the children. There's no reason for them still to be cowering and crying all over the city. And jeez, did that old beggar woman on the docks scam me out of 500g? I gave her rent money, she should go home. ;)

Facetiousness aside: Yes, sound balancing and the frequency of repeated sound loops need some work. Still, it's nice actually hearing sounds in Ardoris.

uhop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.