What is a Good Starter Dungeon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Umire Moon, Aug 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

So for low level players is there a Low level dungeon that scales as you go lower or in case of a tower up ?
    As first level is ok mobs but the lower levels are high end Mobs , i think i read something about a Dungeon called Tempest i think ???

Mal Hari, Time Lord and FBohler like this.
  2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I can't think of any low level friendly dungeon that is designed like this.
    Compendium of Pain and Suffering isn't very friendly for low level characters, after the 3rd or 4th wave it gets pretty crowded by mobs, so it may be overwhelming.

I think it's a great idea, make it just like Diablo with one tier per level. Maybe a boss every other level to spice things up. "Ahhh fresh meat".

Cordelayne, Mal Hari and Time Lord like this.
  4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Soltown Sewers (in the graveyard) is good, has some quests, etc -- also it leads to a harder area, Solania Sewers, which then leads to a harder area, Ardoris Sewers.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Out of sheer curiosity, have you finished the 3 outskirts areas and did the quests in them?

Mal Hari and Time Lord like this.
  6. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

yes , I have the Suits of Virtue armor and banners and am working on the last Titan quest now then on the the Oracle Quest. Been to the Tower made it to the top as well , Soltown Sewers , Solania sewers , have the skull from that Boss Ardoris sewers , Done alot of quests as well .

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

In that case, the Compendium is a great place to challenge yourself. You probably won't make it to the 2nd chest, but only making it to the first chest is still rewarding, and then you can challenge yourself to see how far you can reach.

8. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

In Sota I go to the regular instances like Deep Ravenswood when I am playing solo. There are lots of animals there to practice killing and skinning. I get a lot of adventure and production experience by killing and skinning the wolves, bears and spiders. When I feel lucky, I go toward the middle to the lich spawn. The middle has skeletons and liches. If you clear it, you might get a boss lich. If you can clear it and all the bosses repeatedly, you are ready to go find an instance with more than five skulls!

Mal Hari, Umire Moon and Time Lord like this.
  9. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Unfortunately, some genius decided that putting an Elrin Nayer in the lich area was somehow a good idea. I avoid the center of DR like the plague now.

But Deep Ravenswood is a great suggestion for the OP - there's also the zombies in the NW corner that drop gold, rotting flesh and corpse wax. The huge fights are in the four corners, so avoid those and stick to the area around the middle (but dont' go into the middle) until you can handle the swarms.

The only other things I can think of right now are: 1. Forest Siege - endlessly-spawning Ebon Cultists to kill, and then when you REALLY want to test yourself you can climb the hills to get to the EC Champions, Marksmen and High Wizards not to mention Siege Engineers. I couldn't survive the latter four until I was at least AL 100. 2. Resolute Sewers - there's a room with endlessly-spawning spiders - good XP, and if you can kill them quickly enough to actually skin some of them you can accumulate spider silk and venom sacks. 3. Kobold Expeditionary Camp - Kobolds respawn like cockroaches there, good for building up XP and gold.

10. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

I won’t be returning to DR until the comet is gone.

To the OP: My latest player built dungeon in Britt Mart sort of does this. You’ll find easy mobs at ground level and they get more difficult the higher or lower you go.

11. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

It's not progressive difficulty, but my favorite scene when I was lower level was Crag Foothills. A lot of elves, animals and resources.

DalTXColtsFan and Time Lord like this.
  12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Twin foothills is a good lower level area, and you also have the silver mine there, the mobs are relatively easy. you can get decent rewards as well. make a lot of gold from selling all the stuff you get off the mobs.

Time Lord and Umire Moon like this.
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Just wanted to add that if you do go to twin foothills, Dont mess with the ferocious black bear! especially solo

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

yes I met the BIG BEAR ! and no i did not mess with it.

15. mydentist

mydentist Avatar

Are you having fun?

I loved doing all of that--when I rescued Sequanna it was like 3AM in the morning. I texted all of my kids with a screen image in all of its glory! Such a great story. My favorite Ultima since Ultima IV.

16. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Nice, providing a valuable alternative to play! I practically begged Polarium to take my money as I wanted to create an adventure area, not a city. I refused to buy a POT for many years until last month (due to a great offer), because that is what I had hoped for. It is so awesome to see that there are great player made instances for people to play and get experience with.

FBohler, Violet Ronso and Time Lord like this.
  17. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

With all the Player made dungeons, conversationalists and what not, They have given the players the tools to make very good dungeons and quests, lets just hope at some point they circle back and complete these tools!

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  18. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

As already mentioned, my best scenes back in the days are also DeepRavenwood for the wolfpacks & bearpacks and Serpent's Spine Foothill for the bandit's weapons that can be sold to Pip in Desolis

Bears & Wolfs can be salvaged for carcasses, some people, like me, buy them for crafting foods (especially Obsidian Wolf & normal Bear's carcasses)
    The bandits dropped some halberd at 110/140 gold each (dont remember exactly), this is not that hard and have a decent spawning rate, I recommend to sell your stuff to Pip because she give an extra bonus in gold for these weapons

Another great scene that I spent considerable amount of time is Ulfheim (the map have changed btw), a bit harder but you can 1v1 some nice monsters like Treant or Wyvern. However, be carefull to undeads in the area and the barbaric camps which that trigger an event.

19. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

Yes , I simply love the story telling with each quest .

Time Lord and Violet Ronso like this.
  20. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

I will give them a try thank you .

Time Lord and Violet Ronso like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.