What is a Magic Mover?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Anpu, Jun 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I keep seeing people mentioning this, but I don’t see an option for this?

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

in the stained glass window list in the upper right, property manager

3. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

The magic mover comes with bundles that include property as far as I know. It lets you store a house or empty lot (village or bigger) with all decorations and put down another house on the same lot and switch between them. Also allows you to put a decorated house in the magic mover and move it to a different lot.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ok I didn’t get the game with a bundle, so I don’t have that option in the stained glass window.

I did see that for sale (just the mover) in the store just now. I will get that then during the next livestream.

When/if I finally find a REALLY REALLY good deal on a 4-story green house home I want to switch to that and finally do planting.

But just the thought of doing another run from the bank to decorate my new house was just NOPE. But it sounds lik that magic mover will work for me. :D

Thanks!!

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

There's a craftable 4-story greenhouse. Materials aren't too bad, but you need a lot of gem fragments for the glass. (Not a huge amount, but if you haven't been stockpiling fragments, it may take a bit of mining to come up with enough.) Need a fairly high carpentry skill, too, I think. Or a friend with a high carpentry. I crafted the one I have, and the only reason I haven't crafted another for my other lot is that I'm waiting for the store front version.

Numa and Jaesun like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sadly, though, it doesn't appear there will be a craftable storefront version. :(

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I have the greenhouse on the test server and that will work just fine for me. I have nothing of interest to sell anyways, so no need for a storefront one.

8. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Jaesun, the magic mover will not work the way I think you intend it to. You can store a decorated house in it, and put it on a free lot when you want it. It won't store the decorations of one house and apply them to another house. As soon as you are intending to change to a different house not just to a different lot with the same house, it won't help in keeping the decorations.

What you can do is get the greenhouse row home, put your old home into the magic mover, decorate the greenhouse row home (with other things, because the stuff in your old home won't be available to you, it is stored in the magic mover), then switch back and forth between the two houses, or move your old home to a different lot.

Hope that helps.

Jaesun likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Here's the gist of it: let's say you have a fully decorated house and you want to move it to a new lot. You open the property manager and drag the lot icon to one of the slots on the left and then confirm that you want to store your lot. Everything on your lot disappears and is now in a property manager slot. If you want to store your basement then you can do that as well. Now you can unclaim your lot, claim another lot then drag the stuff out of the property manager slot to the new lot. Everything will be placed on the new lot exactly as you had it on the original lot. If you're moving to another town then there will be a COTO charge when you drag the stored stuff to the new lot. You can also store your house and decorations so that you can setup a different house and decorations for special occasions.

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

I got a magic mover also with my bundle, but in my circumstance it didn't help at all. I was moving from a Row lot to a Village lot, and to another different POT also.

So basically, the magic mover does not help unless you are moving to a same sized lot and same house within the same POT. So you can have many different 'looks' and themed decorations of your house, like Halloween house, and Christmas house, and quickly swap between them.

But it's "mover" name is misleading. It helps NONE at all when you have to move to a different house, different sized lot, or to a different POT altogether.

It should be called "Home decoration swapper" instead.

Jaesun likes this.
  12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It moves your lot. The name works.

I believe you can use it to move to another town if you pay a few COTOs, but I'm not sure exactly how that happens. Probably if you try using it to place a property from another town, you get a dialog for paying.

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.