Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What is "fresh zombie olfactory glands"?

Discussion in 'Release 41 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by uhop, Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uhop

uhop Avatar

...and why do I need one???

I have one, and it turned out I cannot put it in a chest, because it "can not be moved to a publicly accessible container because it cannot be traded". (I am actually moving it in a private container on my property, so the warning is moot at best.)

Is it one of gizmos that I have to always carry on me, or forever pollute my bank account? Now I have to go to bank to dump it here along with some other uber-valueable things I don't care about:
    • Some quest items: Bonesteel Dagger, Heart of Sorrows, Scepter of Dread --- they appear to do nothing, yet I have them in bank for some future benefits, I guess?
    • 4 (four) teleport scrolls --- I never used them. I don't know why I cannot store them at home. What is so special about craftable items???
    • Quincy's Broken Sword --- a remnant of some old quest. Why do devs think that it should be in a bank, I cannot even start to fathom.
    • 2 (two) starter items: Founder's Crystal Sword, Royal Founder's Crystal Sword --- OK. Those are dangerous, and probably irreplaceable. I get the idea.
    • 10 (ten) Aldorn's Amulet of Testimony. Why??? Every time I go to low-level Soltown Catacombs I find one in my possession. Yes, I should be more careful what I loot, I know. Still, why do they have to be in bank? And so many of them? What kind of relation Aldorn had with Soltown??? How did he create so many amulets???
    Yet I cannot store some stupid zombie parts in my house.

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

This is for a quest in the new camp scene. I have no idea why it cannot be traded.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. uhop

uhop Avatar

I suspect it is for the alchemist. But he doesn't give me a quest in spite of all indications (gestures) he makes. Were you able to do it?

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I have the quest, never managed to find an organ.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and uhop like this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Quest items are generally not trad-able, if my memory serves me correctly.

6. uhop

uhop Avatar

:(

7. uhop

uhop Avatar

I get that. I don't understand why. If somebody wants to spoil a quest for themselves by not doing it --- why not?

Another thing: if you look at the list of my things, you will see that:
    • Some items are clearly not unique (Aldorn's Amulet).
    • Some items exists outside of their quest (Aldorn's Amulet, and Quincy's Broken Sword, which I can get more, if I bothered --- I saw it already).
    • Some items are not quest-related, like teleport scrolls.

Chatele and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  8. Alley Oop

think you should bug aldorn's amulet. that's entirely the wrong part of the world and may have gotten confused in the loot table for something else.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and uhop like this.
  9. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

These must have been free teleport scrolls your character started with. They are not tradeable to prevent people from re-creating their character just to loot the free stuff from it. Use them up and you won't have to worry about it.

10. uhop

uhop Avatar

I did some time ago.

11. uhop

uhop Avatar

Three of them cost 0, so they must be a starter. One costs something, so I guess it is not.

12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Turn on NPC text in your chat filter, then you can click on the Hello link.

I couldn't get the Fresh Zombies to drop a gland at all. It seems you only get one fresh zombie per poison valve, and none of the five dropped a gland. (Nostalgia of all the times when I couldn't get a quest item to drop in FFXI.) Getting one zombie per valve and valves that can't be reset doesn't seem right in a full multiplayer zone.

FrostII, uhop and Alley Oop like this.
  13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Okay, here's what seems to have happened...

First fresh zombie, kill it, loot it, look there's the gland... zombie corpse instantly despawns and loot window goes away, and the rest of the fresh zombies never had one in their loot. Log off, come back later enough for instance reset, first fresh zombie, gland drops but corpse again despawns as soon as I can open the loot window. Fortunately the second fresh zombie also dropped one.

- either the poison things should reset after 5 minutes or so, or fresh zombies should never stop spawning. This just won't work like it is now when you have multiple new players in the instance.
    - EVERY fresh zombie should have a gland (also thinking toward multiple new players in the instance)
    - what the hell is causing some of them to despawn as soon as they are looted?

The alchemist also needs a better trade trigger word than "help" again. Maybe "gland"?

FrostII and Alley Oop like this.
  14. Alley Oop

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...rpses-disappear-before-i-can-loot-them.87685/

i got it my fifth zombie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.