What is going on?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, Feb 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Well, I think, it can't be that difficult to provide content depending on Adv.lvl.

Steps have been taken with the new Episode 2 areas to make it possible, I suppose the system isn't finished yet.

Unfortunately, the entry level (Tier 10) is way too high for casual players or people who finished Episode 1.

If I start nowadays with a new Avatar, and do every quest and finish Episode 1, I should reach Adv.lvl. 60-70.

It's not possible to do Tier 10 content solo, may be Tier 7|Tier 8 by using daily buffs from devotional and some food.

So, new areas could provide three difficulties:
    - Tier 7|8- for those who finished Episode 1,
    providing good loot (at least the best, what Episode 1 Tier 8 provides),
    - Tier 10 - for advanced players with Adv.lvl >100, with x% more loot/gold,
    - Tier ?? GROUP with more (difficult) enemies and higher loot for groups or high end GMG's (Grandmaster of Grinding) ;).

Everybody would be happy.

Besides, I am still hoping, the REAL Episode 2 storyline will continue, where Episode 1 ended...
    Arabella came inside the Oracle Temple and "asked" the "Oracle" to shut up ...

3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Tier 6 Wynton's Folly
    Tier 6+ Northwest Blackblade Mountains
    Tier 6+ East Sanctus Forest

Tier 7 Compendium of Pain and Suffering (
    Should have a +, too ;))

Tier 8+ Ruins of Utheim
    Tier 8+ Tartarus
    Tier 8+ Ulfheim
    Tier 8+ Ravensmoor
    Tier 8+ Bunker C

Anpu likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Lamech's has a t7 version.

But, I was pretty close off the top of my head.

5. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

We got away from the main focus here.

It's not about scene tiers (even though there are very few tier 8 scenes).

It's about the overall quality and inherent fun in those scenes.

Take Spindleskog (Extreme) for example: You gather a small party with one bludgeon, one pure DPS and one AOE to... kill some generic purple dog, spider and bear and att within 15 - 30 minutes. It's boring to the bone.
    I really like the shadow essence and the new artifact that drop there. But there's no real content in the scene. It's just an empty place with a bunch of mob respawns and some resources.

Let's compare it to Crag Foothills for example, which has some elf patrols, mob infighting going on, higher level animals mixed in with special loot (Obsidian Bear), an elven camp, a hell spawn of undead, an entrance to a mine. There's a lot of stuff going on to explore and play in different ways, so much different than just stomping some purple animals.

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I cut them a little slack in that regard- they have yet to put in any ep2 story content (outside of some side quests) as they are prioritizing getting the ep2 scenes created first. There's no guarantee that the scenes will get a ton more to do once story stuff starts going in, but I think it's also premature to jump on them for it. Like Well of Aldur- as of yet, the actual well isn't reachable. Likely getting to it will be part of the main story. Or the source of the shadow beasts, which will also presumably be part of the main story. For all we know there's a huge cavern system under there the shadow creatures are pouring out of, whose entrance isn't part of the scene yet.

Anpu, Sean Silverfoot and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

There are a lot of really fun and interesting scenes that hardly ever get used because the Adventurer XP gained from grinding in them is so low. After about AL 100, any scene where players can't attenuate is useless for grinding. Why should so few scenes give enough XP for players to attenuate? The low XP rewards just make most scenes irrelevant. Even without better loot, a lot of scenes would be fun to play in if they gave decent XP.

Cordelayne and Barugon like this.
  8. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

Whenever I'm out solo adventuring in SotA (usually getting less than 1 million XP per hour), there's always a nagging thought in the back of my mind: "I could be making 8+ million XP per hour if I was in a group."

Barugon likes this.
  9. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Don't know how many times you have been playing but i am there since 2013. Dev and team made a lot of work since starts and in last couple months the game as seen some awesome change in a lots of aspect of the game.

I have been mostly playing solo in starting alpha, beta and ongoing and it was a HELL of a lot harder than it is now and a lot more grinding same scene on and on. Now if you take the time to run around and explore, you can find scene for every adv level and progress solo without problems.

Yes at some points some little boring part to do some parts over and over but thats part of those games. You need the good build and good equipement to keep going further and in more difficult scene so get gear up and and look at streamers and forum for a great build.

This game, since i have been there, is having is better progress since the beta in the last couple of months only! Keep going and ask for help online if needed! There is so much we can do in sota that you surely do not have seen or dig in 50 % of it. Take your time and enjoy the game, been grinding before and got bored so slowed down and just takin my time and enjoying :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    AzazelReborn and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  10. Brandter

Brandter Avatar

Thank you for this! The map does not always reflect these changes.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  11. Brandter

Brandter Avatar

I sometimes have time to play during the weekends. I am not a skilled player. I have been stuck grinding tier 4-5 scenes with no end in sight. So, wow, there actually are tier *six* scenes, and I don't have to jump straight to tier 15? That's great! However, after trying tier 6, or six-plus-whatever-that-means, I will go back to grinding boring tier 4-5 scenes. They provide better XP and resources. The more difficult monsters in tier 6 scenes take longer to kill but do not provide enough XP for the effort. And some of them can instakill me. So I'm back to boring, low-level stuff to make more progress.

Yes, I have finished the storyline. No, it wasn't difficult. But I am finding it difficult to progress afterwards. No, I can't make the potions you think I should have.

Am I doing it wrong? Am I missing out on some good content? Probably. I don't know. I have explored and looked for secrets. On the few occasions that I was rewarded, it was with a couple of gem fragments and a loaf of bread. It always felt as if the developers were giving me the middle finger when I found something.

Why do I keep playing? I don't know. I guess it's because I really want to like this game, and I want it to succeed. I appreciate the developers for catering to such an broad, yet niche, crowd. I know that they can't please everyone. But, FFS, give me more than a loaf of bread to look for in lower-tier scenes!

Cordelayne and FBohler like this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What specific skill do you use to kill things with and what specific tier 6 scene @Brandter

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Try killing naughty brats in East Sanctus Forest. They're not too tough and give a good amount of experience.

Cordelayne and Tirrag like this.
  14. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

When I got stuck in this stage, I pretty much got addicted to Crag Foothills and played the hell out of this scene until I was able to kill through all the big spawns no problem.
    You may be lacking good gear, this game has right and wrong gear choices.
    If you're ranged for example, forget about crit chance stuff, go for base damage always because it's simply more efficient all around. When you're high level enough, a bit of crit damage will help too. And forget about boosting your DEX alone, it's better to have it balanced with STR. So the "right" choice for ranged is Hard Maple Crossbow with Bone Armor if you don't have the money to buy full Bandit Armor and Legendary Crossbow of Accuracy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.