What is missing from game!

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Brink1123, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I wasn't serious btw :p you're such a smartass, I like you :)

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  2. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Hell yea.

3. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I really agree with this. I would add that things need to make sense in this game. I know that people love things that occupy their time. I am not opposed to this. I just want an explanation of how it came about. I do not mind the gustball. I do not mind the avatars radio. What I do want though is if they are in the game from the start is how they came about, what they are, and how they got here logically. I understand we need the mmo crowd to make this game work, but please write this stuff into the lore as it is difficult as a role player to figure out how this works.

Numa and Miracle Dragon like this.
  4. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Another one of these UO threads... Sota isn't UO, sota isn't UO2, sota is sota. And more importantly UO isn't Ultima, UO is a microscopic speck of what Ultima is. The history of Ultima has been elaborately catalogued yet when UO-exclusive fans speak they act like they have never heard of Ultima 1 to 8. And they've only heard of 9 because it came out after UO. Sota isn't catering to UO2.0 fans, it's catering to everyone, UO fans, non-UO fans, Ultima fans, non-Ultima fans. Mmo fans, single player fans, etc, etc, etc. which is why it won't be old school UO or UO2.0. Uo2.0 would draw in the microscopic freeshard fans and the minuscule afk house refreshing subscribers of Ea-UO but those numbers aren't enough. Sota hopes to draw in all types of game players, hence the rule set. But if enough die hard old school pvp UO fans play it you can bet the pvp areas will be populated with the same villainous pirate scum we all know and love.

Fister Magee, Womby, Logain and 4 others like this.
  5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Someone stole your koolaid, I see... I see...

What would we do if the great Razimus wouldn't remind us that ULTIMA online isn't ULTIMA because he missed all the work that went into it and is ready to generalize all EA employees as dumb peons who didn't love ultima.

Oh yes, the thread would probably just die its natural death... confronted with devs silence.

When I read these kind of posts I know I'm justified in being a PITA.

6. Brandhor

Brandhor Avatar

Death penalty? All games that implemented death penelties removed them after some time. We already have skill decay, So implementing a death penalty as we got now is a double to triple penalty!

I simply don't have the time to play something which penalizes me for me playing instead of rewarding.

Numa, Womby, Moiseyev Trueden and 2 others like this.
  7. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Rewards should come at a risk. Death must have consequence. If it doesn't rewards become bland and obtainable by players with no skill, basically playing like nothing matters erodes every fasset of the game.

Another good example of this is tell me about one significant thing in your life that has ever meant anything that didn't cost you a significant investment or come with consequence.

Logain and Miracle Dragon like this.
  8. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I don't want to comment the rest (I have an opinion, but not good enough to express it), BUT I'd suggest you avoid using "because RL" as justification of anything related to an internet videogame.

People come here (also) to forget what things costed them in life, you know.

Reminding them that something does or doesn't make sense "because RL" is seldom a valid discussion tactic. ;)

Just a very friendly, polite hint. Feel free to ignore it, but... Don't! :D

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  9. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

The death penalty needs to significantly be increased.

Logain and Katrina Bekers like this.
  10. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

The 'because RL' argument is usually difficult to swallow in forum arguments, but that's when the 'realism' camp goes overboard crossing the fun line into tedium territory. Like the - we don't want to have to count our calories when we eat/drink to prevent us from getting penalties for getting too fat, because we toasted and drank too much at the FirLotus release party last night! (I still think it'd be pretty sweet though)..

But in this example, (the death penalty), we're talking about psychology, and the psychology behind what we think is rewarding and fun is just as relevant in the game as it is in real life. Because that's what is being discussed here, the 'we don't want real life' card doesn't work. In my opinion.

Logain and Skyo like this.
  11. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I feel sorrowful every time I log in to the forum which isn't very often anymore. I've already given solid feedback for years so I don't think I can add anything to more that can be helpful at this point except I don't think any of this stuff mentioned here will help.

So I'll just say, I truly hope things dramatically change across the board before the final release, and somehow this becomes fun and successful.

12. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

@Isaiah lets go man, I can not wait to see you IG.

13. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I'll be in game. same computer but I'm going to just upgrade my video card and get a solid state drive. Is there any reports of a benifit having an SSD with all of the loading instances? I'm just guessing it will make that go a little bit quicker. Either way I'm getting one soon. However I don't think that will help one bit with the combat system.
    Combat system and other stuff aside I think I'll definitely play. I'm not sure if PvP is going to be my thing. I think it might be to frustrating with the combat system and the constant change of the skill balancing. I might just be a casual player if the game is this way at launch.

14. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Also seeing that stealing will be in the game with the ransom system. if people can steal weapons and armor I will be very disappointed. Stealing should be limited to a pouch of coins. The subterfuge skills make me want to commit suicide. it isn't depression it is more a cerimonial suicide so I can die with honor after giving so much to this game. I will leave this world and my family will not have to bare the disgrace and dishonor. I will be cremated with my pledge items. ...well at least nobody will say I wasn't serious about this game. I'll still come back tobthe forums if they still exist but more like the ghost of Obi-Wan did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.