What is the chances for survival in The Fall?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Xkhan, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

I have never been to The Fall - but I want to both check it out and see if the Liches are solable for dungeon mats.

All I know about The Fall:
    There are liches
    There is a white dragon
    There is a spider queen
    I saw an old video Kor posted gusting people off these walkway / catwalk thingys.

Thank you in advance!

2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

The biggest danger in the Fall is the other players, of course. If you're lucky enough to show up when it's quiet, you can stealth around and scope the place out. There is no spider queen in the fall, though, she lives in Spectral Peaks. I'm not really sure what you want to know, but for sure, make sure you have leveled safe fall before you set foot in there :D

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This was a grief tactic used to impose the decay penalty on other players.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Xkhan likes this.
  4. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

If you are not high level with not bad reputation, you can do Liches, 80% of avatars in Fall would not try to kill you.

5. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

Been in there with four others in my guild and an Avatar stealthed in and unloaded arrows into us as we were exploring...just be carefully and understand it is a PVP zone

If you can handle the Rise, mostly you can handle the Fall

6. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

You can drop lich essences from every high-end lich now, not just in The Fall, by the way depend of the time of the day you go in there. There is much more action in the afternoon/evening than morning. Let' say 50% of the player wont kill you if you are doing pve, 30% will kill you and send back ransom and 20% will grief you without giving back ransom. I always suggest to be careful and put stealth in your bar, if you are in the corridors and you are going to die by another player, you can always jump down in the pool and try to sneak away.

7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

It is a pvp area 0% chance

Boris Mondragon and Xkhan like this.
  8. jmcclain

jmcclain Avatar

Mob’s are equal to The Rise in difficulty but a lot of pvp and I know a lot of people check there all the time for people to kill. Like the other have said keep stealth or silent movement on your bar. Hit 0 on number pad if you see a ? pop up might wanna teleport out if you not trying to pvp

9. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

You can't see ? in nearbly player lists in PVP zones, you just see their name in that list after you discovered the player ( target him) , so maybe it's too late. If you activate your sound by the way, you can hear arrows or sounds of figths, so you will understand if someone is in there, another good tactics is taking combat log chat open, if someone takes dmg or heals, you will see it there.

Many PVPers go around with a list of names of notorious PVPers who usualy frequent that zone, they spam that list in chat, if one of the name is blue it means that guy is in the map.

10. jmcclain

jmcclain Avatar

True that. Listen to her lol

Boris Mondragon and Dhanas like this.
  11. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

This is great - any more tips?

I am assuming wear throw-away gear that I don't mind losing?
    Do I need to break my reagants up? I read somewhere about carrying lots of pipes?
    Haven't seen any maps/guides....is there a general idea where I can find the Liches once in?

12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Like dahnas said, sound on is your best bet.

1.)listen. Listen for arrows being fired, spells being cast, the clanging of swords.

2.) Use stealth effectively. Going invisible and running around out in the open is a bad idea, most pvpers are used to spotting stealthers on the move. Hide behind stuff, check if the coast is clear first, stay close to objects etc

3.)dont wear artifacts. They arent required to be powerful and efficient and your ransoms will often be less than 2k if you dont carry them on you.

Last.) turn off public stats and your location on friends list. Especially if you friended everyone in the past to use as teleport

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  13. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Very true what Spinok says... lots of assumed "leave me alone and I'll leave you alone" but that still comes with being killed as a "hello" which happens a lot but just have a good attitude and don't freak out. Most people who kill someone in there are just saying hello, most likely won't kill you again until the next hello, and you will most likely become fast friends.

I went there last week and a guildy killed me to say hello... then we partied up and started killing stuff and both for killed by a friend as another hello... then all three of us partied up and killed stuff. Happens a lot but never are ransoms kept in these situations.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Elrond, CatherineRose, Dhanas and 4 others like this.
  14. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

It’s kinda like the ol’ prison rules; you either stay away from each other and do your own thing, or you let em kill you once so you know your their —

Jk.

It’s not bad, as Sara said most people just have fun and it’s not as hyped as you probably are psyching yourself up as. :)

Dhanas and Sara Dreygon like this.
  15. redfish

redfish Avatar

If you fall off of one of the catwalks, just navigate your fall to avoid any obstacles on the way down, because eventually you'll land in some water.

Dhanas, Jaesun and Sara Dreygon like this.
  16. addrox

addrox Avatar

No if you die to pvp you can pay gold to get it back.
    Breaking up reagents up does not work anymore.
    There are a few lich rooms best is to ask someone to show you ... Try the 2 lich room first and if you can handle that go explore more ...

2 lich room location is ... when you enter the fall ... go right and jump down to the next path ... then again go right and jump down to next path ... and then on that path one way is to 2 liches that respawn fast ... the other is a tougher lich room ...

there are more but the 2 lich room is easiest and fast respawn ...

17. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

the spider queen isnt the fall

18. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

I have about a dozen trips now to The Fall. Thank you everyone for the help!!
    I thought I would come back and share my experience for the next person.

In no order:

Cranking up the volume / listening really didn't work for me as I wasn't hunting other players but PVE. I wouldn't have been able to tell someone was coming until too late anyway.
    I need to try the trick with the chat. The last 3 times I have gone someone named Creagin pops up after 10 minutes or so and shoots me with arrows in like 2 seconds. I sigh and port away.
    Question - just normal /say "creagin" and if gets in zone it will be blue?
    The liches are challenging due to how fast they respawn but the room with 3 and across the catwalk there are 2. The one with 3 is weird - they will appear when you go in the room and after killing the group 1 or 2 times the wall in the back lifts up and there is a big throne with a huge black statue in it. Killing all the 'waves' don't seem to show a chest or anything to interact with.
    Overall loot is good - I've had 2 blue bundle, one recipe, and quite a few vile weapons from the Cultists. I keep salvaging them hoping for something good. No blueprint - not sure which lich room it drops from.
    The bottom has a few doors. One has another bunch of liches - I think 4-5. I felt more 'exposed' there though. Most of the time Creagin killed me it was up top in the 3 room but I'm sure he hunts anyone killing liches.
    Another door leads to a white dragon - I can't solo dragons so left him alone.
    One of the doors has quite a few undead (non liches) that hit hard in their numbers. An elevator will take you up. I noticed it passes a hole covered with spiderwebs so its on my list to investigate. :)

I don't like the feeling of waiting for the hammer to fall. I just want to hunt treasure. It is set up so you traverse these long catwalks and wait forever for elevators so anyone hunting you will get you. You can drop down - but they will just follow you. They are setup to kill you and not monsters so they have all the stuff on their bar. I made a deck to be ready for this but I only got attacked when fighting pve. I am dead before I am halfway into switching my deck.
    I guess I need to hide my name and stats - which is annoying as my wife/brother will port but I can do the effort if it keeps people from seeing where I am.

I thought months ago Chris was going to have the lich blueprints drop in non pve places and that The Fall was a mistake but I am guessing not. I do hate I feel I have to go here.

Adam Crow likes this.
  19. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you don't. if you want the fall throne room lich dungeon room, yes, but there are other lich rooms available: one from the rise, two from the compendium of pain and suffering, one from owl's head sewer, the ruins of ravensmoor...

Dhanas, Jaesun, Sara Dreygon and 2 others like this.
  20. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

This is true. in most cases. also be careful who you group with lol. never know when some faction war is going on and you group with others to be dragged into something you dont want lol. HM / AA hehe. was fun though for that moment.

Jaesun and Violette Dyonisys like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.