Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What is the point that meteors are like fireworks flying all over the sky the whole day?

Discussion in 'Release 52 QA Feedback Forum' started by RobotBeginner, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

Why do the meteors are like fireworks flying all over the sky the whole day? Over ten meteors can be observed in the sky at any time at the same time during the daytime in Novia. This is rediculous.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Numa likes this.
  2. Numa

Numa Avatar

R52 will be coming out at the launch date 13 days from now. The meteor(s) started soon after the launch date countdown appeared on the SOTA homepage. What happens on the day itself is anybody's guess :)

By Tor, Chatele and Bow Vale like this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Check Starr's R52 post to see the results.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Nothing to see there so far and i somewhat doubt that they will spoiler us this time^^

5. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

@Lum the Mad so the big black thing in the sky is another shardfall? It isn't even a shard. It's a planet killer ^^

7. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It's no longer in the sky... as for its current status, you'll just have to see for yourself...

8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Mh. Not sure i want those spoilers tbh ^^
    Oh, and the companions appear broken :p
    J/K ^^

9. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Kewl. New art to look at.

10. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

On release day the rock will hit Novia, wiping all characters for a clean release start.

11. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Not happening....

Applerust likes this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I have always loved how the reason for PvP (Oracle's influence) is woven into the story.

13. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I'm going to hang out in North Quel Woods the night before release. I'll log out from there. See what happens to my avatar.

Grimace2, Elwyn and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  14. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Nothing to see here it's just superman landing his home with a bunch of new raiding content.......

15. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

OMG, this is so cool. This ties into my lore written years ago. I love it thank you @Lum the Mad and @DarkStarr . Thanks for making it tie into my lore!
    Official Lore:
    "Quel Shardfall: The great Cataclysm from the shattering of the two moons happened hundreds of years ago and showered the land with meteors. The largest shards created huge areas of devastation called shardfalls. The influence of the Oracle is weak in these areas and Outlanders can slay each other at will (making it an Open PvP zone). The latest shardfall has obliterated North Quel Woods, and the Quel Shardfall has appeared in its place. Unlike other shardfalls that are hundreds of years old, this shardfall is so fresh that the ground is on fire, the air is charged with electricity that periodically discharges (ouch!), lava flows in places, and the amount of floating shards is staggering. The devastation of this new shardfall has exposed an ancient crypt, corrupting the resident lich lord and transforming him into a unique Obsidian Lich who uses Chaos Magic (much like the Chaos Daemon). Slaying the Obsidian Lich can reward you with a unique Obsidian Lich Helm."
    My lore I wrote back in 2014, I so love this! :
    Shardfall and the Village of the damned........Pt 1 (The Curse of Ravicus Domdred the Hungered)

While stirring restlessly in wait, after laying the bait for some unfortunate passerby to notice.......he again turns to the dark crimson text in the Domdred Grimoire, and begins to revisit the tale of the origins of the City of the Damned....

.....As starvation took hold of the villagers, formation of scouting parties where fully attended in hopes of finding some means of sustenance. One party in particular, led by a young lean farmer's son, struck out eastward, for it was in that direction that laid unexplored areas since the massive shardfall that decimated the region. With watchful eyes the group journey toward the rising sun, up and around the huge pillars of stone which littered the plundered soil in every direction. Crawling across the lowest point of one of the horizontally laying pillars, an eerie image presents itself.

Shattered stone pieces of what resembles a crypt, a mausoleum of ancient craftsmanship lay in tangled piles earth and stone. Upon closing in on the ruins, a foul must lay in the air, stinging the nostrils and setting in an itch that could not be rid of. It was a mist, a mist sort of like what you would see viewing through a piece of thin black satin. A mild distortion of the rabble strewn about.

With trembling lips and cautious advancement, the farmers son pierced the opaque veil and was stilled in his steps, the breath escaped his lungs as he tried to force out a warning. Instantly, vise like grips of twin skeletons grabbed at his arms, forcing him in place. Out of the debris, a shadow stirs, then becomes visible, an apparition of unspeakable horror! It glides closer, with tattered rags flailing around him. Within an inch of his nose, the ghostly eyes of the necromancer stole into his own, reaching in to his very core. It was with no more than a whisper that his very soul was ripped from his body and absorbed into the shifting form of the undead lich. He closed his eyes.........

The skeletons quickly released the body, which for a brief second slumped, then quickly animated back to form! The body seemed to double in size, perhaps an illusion. He then spoke and with the voice of the young man abruptly stated: "I, Ravicus Domdred , have arisen once again!" With saying that, he turned and walked back into the mist, onward toward the unknowing remaining party members......muhahahahah.......

~Ravicus Domdred~ circa 2014

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Grimace2, Numa and Sean Silverfoot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.