What Kind of NPC's Should Be Designed First?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Blake Blackstone, Nov 9, 2014.

?

What NPC would POT Owners Prefer?

1. Town Crier

25.0%
  2. Stable Hand

5.0%
  3. Trainer

10.0%
  4. Quest Giver

30.0%
  5. Other

30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Check the "Developer" Founder level rewards. All Royal founder and founder type pledges at the developer level and above have designing a basic NPC as a reward.

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  2. smack

smack Avatar

It's all very vague, only that you can provide NPC names and stories, but how will that actually be implemented in terms of NPC custom dialog/conversations? Unknown at this time and likely not an area of focus for them.

Regarding house servants, they answered that here, if you have Founder access to read it. :rolleyes:

Lord Blake Blackstone likes this.
  3. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Definitely quest givers. Pot smokers love making other people do stuff for them.

4. smack

smack Avatar

Because the radio and code were created by the community (Bubonic and Joviex). They have entertained a crowd-sourced effort to submit and review custom NPC dialog, but nothing committed so far on that front...

5. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Thanks for that.... I thought I looked at the rewards closely enough, but apparently not! I see it now.

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

It sounds like people are looking at npc's in the same light they were presented in UO...which I hope to god isn't the standard they are looking for....I don't want such basic constructs that offer things for sale and basically just exist.

I want scheduled and jobs and reasons for them all t o be there.

7. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Is there a middle ground that can evolve with the game? Start with a town crier or quest giver and move towards more complex NPC's in the future.

8. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Just to be clear, I think Avatar Radio is outright amazing. Its probably my favorite thing in the game right now. Designed and run by players. Now people are voice acting. Sheer craziness!

I can't write a single line of code, voice act, or DJ but Avatar Radio gives me hope that I can express myself through my town. Im pretty good at real estate stuff. I want all POT owners to hold up our end of the bargain and try to match the successes of Avatar Radio. TALL ORDER.

My friends and I have spent countless hours on our town to try to make it the best it can be. We will even run around our city spamming events if comes to that. But a town crier would be nice. A quest giver would be cool so we can give away neat stuff to people that complete story lines we've written.

I was a hard core UO player and like the fact that you have to create things using the given game mechanics. So any NPC would be a luxury and isn't actually expected. I just don't want to lose the town crier because everyone's hoping for a fully programmable NPC.

9. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

I never thought that I would draw the attention of someone of your esteem. I got really excited that you too want a quest giver as an NPC.

So, I got really creative last night and came up with a quest for anyone that is able! Its not an easy one so it might be a group adventure, unless your skills are very powerful.

Quest:

Design an NPC using Avatar Radio script so that players can record their own audio files to relay their message to the world!

Reward:

$500 store credit

If interested, please contact me directly for more details.

Zantul, Jatvardur and Caliya like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.