Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What toggles the portal in Solice Bridge?

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Pleione, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

There use to be a portal north of the ruins in Solice Bridge that would take you to Owls nest.

First time I went there, I saw a portal, but couldn't use it (no activation capability). The intro quest repeated itself, complete with a boat. Went back, scene had changed to normal, but now no portal.

Update: While wandering around the area, I crashed. When I reloaded the game the portal was there and functional... but it took me to the Isle of Storms. Left town, came back in, no portal *sigh*

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

They now work such that one of eight moon phases determines the destination (currently only three in game, others presumably will get filled in for later episodes), and some other astronomical stuff determines whether it is on or off during a valid phase.

If the destination is the same scene that you are currently in, you will go to Isle of Storms instead. (So you can always get to IoS by going twice in a row.)

I think the one in IoS is always on (not sure how its destination is set, probably just always the way you came in), and I haven't noticed the Owls Head one yet (it may be gone now, but I keep forgetting to look), but I think in the previous wipe it always went to Solace Bridge.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The portal is currently disabled due to issue with the start-up quest instance causing awkward effect when someone just want to travel to the next destination, but end up being forced to start up a quest.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I was just in Solace Bridge and the portal took me to Highvale.

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

ah never mind then.. maybe it's just Owl's head one or they already fixed the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.