What would it take for a melee build to solo a cabalist?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Ryodin Stormwind, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I'm a heavy armor + shield + blades build currently, and I get absolutely wrecked by the cabalists. I'm AL 72, with 800+ in blades, around 120 strength buffed, 30% damage resist with 110% max, and 30% avoid. Sitting at just under 700 health with my courage plate on.

I've just started training magic resists by starting to raise my attunement in all schools of magic, but I'm pretty far from having much in there. I think my fire is around 50 attunement, and its by far the furthest.

Do cabalists deal death magic? Is the trick here to get as much death magic resistance as possible?

Is it even plausible for a melee build to take down a cabalist, or should I focus on raising archery at this point so I can sit back and blast it with arrows while the mercenaries tank it?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Vodalian likes this.
  2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I am a melee build, AL100 and still have many problems with them. I have killed quite a few, but the success rate is miserable. In the same time it takes to kill them and the pitiful loot you get it is just better to ignore them and get your experience elsewhere. That said, I am sure that with the proper technique a melee character can solo the cabalists. It takes a lot of time to develop an approach for each type.

blaquerogue and Vodalian like this.
  3. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Depends on which Cabalist you're fighting. One of them I get completely naked to fight because he destroys equipment. If you are a tank and you depend on equipment, I'm not sure you'd be able to fight him. I forget which one he is, however.

Vodalian and Aldo like this.
  4. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I'm AL75, and have been kind of following @Mac2's swords/buffs build on his youtube channel as it seems pretty sick. I didn't realize different cabalists did different things, but that makes sense. Looks like I have more research to do on the topic. I'm trying mainly to figure out how to negate their massive damage so that I can stand in the arena long enough to inflict damage.

Vodalian likes this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Some things might have changed since then, I will be trying to make videos this upcoming week about skills and builds

Vodalian likes this.
  6. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

Adv lvl 93, 2h blunt and earth.

Corpus, I just put on some trash armor and face tank him, not sure what he even does except break the armor.

Dolus, I stand and whack him for 5 sec a time, then run away and heal. Some stone arrow in between as well.

The rest simply hit too hard and have too strong curses. Hit and run with stone arrow takes too long, they will just leash back and heal.

7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Crap i didnt check if my armor was destroyed or not, guess i should check the damage! ( i didnt get that brochure, didnt know there was different types!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.