What's RG up to these days?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Preachyr, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Hahaha
    Im not touching any other comment, but that claim is one that rubs me the wrong way the most. Its also a regular joke between me and a few buddies who havnt touched game in a while.
    Lol.

Vallo Frostbane and fonsvitae like this.
  2. Corv

Corv Avatar

Just to clarify something, because this post is taken out of context now:

I NEVER compared the two budgets or the two teams. I merely answered someone who asked what the Ultima VII budget and their team size was. That's it - go back those pages and read it. I am perfectly aware that comparing those two games in that way is comparing apples and oranges and it makes no sense.

I only said that what they did with STORYTELLING and QUESTDESIGN in U6-9 was amazing and for sure can be done today too. Nothing more, nothing less. The challenge for them is doing it in an MMO.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  3. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

As the OP of this topic... I'm a bit confused by your statement here.

The OP is about RG's (lack of) involvement in these forums.

I didn't talk at all about his past games.

Mykll, fonsvitae and MrBlight like this.
  4. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Thanks for the reply RG... But i've checked your twitter and even sent you messages on it which went unanswered.

Your twitter is mostly political stuff about the united states which i dont care about.

Im sure you do talk on discord, but it would still be nice to see you participte in more topics on these forums, especially since we are getting close to launch and so many people are raising concerns about the state of the game.

MrBlight and fonsvitae like this.
  5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Personally as his new baby, I'd think his participation in the forums a bit more would go a little further and be a lil nicer to see then his twitter or discord focuse.

Especially with the story being *released* and his main focuse, id love to see more direct discussion in the feesbacks in this regard, from him.

Im all for interaction on discord, but new players and interested parties generally come to the forums first.

Coarse thats just ImO, as im not a huge fan of his twitter.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  6. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

I've always considered it the case that they weren't writing the in game text. More plot, setting, theme. George Lucas receives story credits on the new Star Wars movies despite not writing any of them. I suppose because Luke Skywalker was his idea, regardless of the dialogue that he speaks now.

Its like those commercials, 'from the people that brought you great movie X and Y' when they're from the production company and had a less direct hand in what you saw on screen. Technically, they're right. Realistically, you shouldn't have any expectation that movie Z will have even a remote connection to X or Y.

Bubonic likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Its brilliant:

Mykll and Bubonic like this.
  8. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

oh man that brings back memories

9. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

Would be great to see more of him as we're getting close to "Official" launch!

10. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

That there is an important part of the stitching on our liege's new garb.

11. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Careful talking about his Twitter! You will get moderated and threatened with a forum suspension because it is "flamebait"!

fonsvitae and Disgruntled like this.
  12. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Maybe he is already working on his new game? The mobile game that will be similar to Ultima 4 which he mentioned some time ago...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  13. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

All joking aside.

It was same thing i said a year ago. I wish RG could put more of a presance on here. Its the first impression of the community for a lot of people, and acknowledgement for feedback from the main name on the title, goes a long way. Especially nearing launch.

But like i said, thats just IMO, obviously if he has too many other things then it is what it is.

14. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Small team then it would seem. U7 had 70+ people and around 18 QA people. Port has what? 30-odd? (Or 30 odd haha) AND they weren't also making an MMO concurrently. I think that's what's at the crux of it. I feel like at the time RG wanted both an SP masterpiece to rival U7 and UO2 and figured it just made more sense to build a single framework.

Given that KS was this huge new thing and the Indie revolution was in full swing, with many small teams putting out Unity projects I guess it looked reasonably sound on paper...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.