Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What's wrong with the columns taking deco

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by majoria70, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

05/25/2019 13:14
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? can't place braziers & lights on these
    Details: Is this a bug? Can't put any lights on the columns. Would be nice to put braziers and wall torches and other types of lights on the side of these and the tops. Can you fix? Also to make them work on a lot or on the pot. Same thing with walls and bulletin boards. Make them decoratable on the pot too for functionality. @Scottie
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32683
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.979.Date.05.21.19
    Area: POT_alpine_metropolis_01_template/Wizards Rest
    Area Display Name: Wizards Rest
    Loc: (-279.5, 65.0, 326.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2FscGluZV9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFdpemFyZHMgUmVzdHwoLTI3OS41NDcsIDY0Ljk5NywgMzI2LjMwNCl8KDAsIC0wLjcxNywgMCwgLTAuNjk3KXwtNjI4LjA0MDZ8MTUuNzk2Njd8NC4xMjk5OTg=

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also on the goal boxes of the gustball it would be great to be able to put a light on it functioning on the pot and the lot as with most changes we need flexibility in our decorations.

3. Scottie

Scottie Master Artisan SOTA Developer

I'd have to look into this, but as far as the pillars go, my assumption is that they were never set up with deco surfaces because the outer shaft of the pillar is supposed to be "round"... deco surfaces need to be flat planes large enough (both horizontally as well as vertically) to accept deco-objects.... Though it's possible to create a deco surface, potentially, for the top flat area of the pillar, to do so for the sides would require me to sort of break the "rule" by making a round pillar have a deco-surface shape (like an extruded pentagon or hexagon, or what-not) whose flat planes extended far beyond the planes of the actual object's geometry, out into the space around it...

I'll check the settings for the divider walls and bulletin boards, but I believe the ones I fixed are actually already marked for use in POTs... I'll double-check, though, just in case... Have my previous fixes to those items already gone into the game, allowing you all to decorate on them yet?

Scottie ^_^

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Octogons, please. This allows us to use cardinal directions and 45-degree rotations. It should also adhere fairly well to the rounded shape's geometry.

I'd vote for always using octogons on non-flat deco surfaces, if possible.

Scottie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.