Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

When adjusting a glyph training options on skills tree there is no longer a 'maintain' option

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Kelly O'Shay, Jan 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

01/03/2019 14:40
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12212
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.Win.64.890.Date.12.21.18
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Virtue Oasis
    Area Display Name: Virtue Oasis
    Loc: (48.6, 38.5, -436.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWaXJ0dWUgT2FzaXN8KDQ4LjU3MywgMzguNDkxLCAtNDM2LjAxOCl8KDAsIDAuMTM0LCAwLCAtMC45OTEpfC00NTMuNDUxMXw0NS43ODkzNXwxOA==

@Chris @DarkStarr

I checked both the crafting and adventuring skill trees and it appears that 'maintain' is no longer an option. I searched the r61 instructions and there is no mention of removing the 'maintain' option.

I double checked the r60, r59 and r59 delayed release posts, and see no notice of removing 'maintain'.

Is this a bug or a new feature?

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

no need for it since there is no decay

3. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

And, within the R61 announcement I found a link to the Player Guide.
    This link actually takes me to an outdated document named Published Player Instructions.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z-svq1OvcZwViqGxFCKdjH3NCn2LTfLuGny5qaAqjTM/pub

Inside this document in the Character progression part, I see this specific list of the options available to the skill tree

Training: The skill will advance each time a relevant skill is used, consuming EXP from the appropriate pool. It will also consume pooled EXP on death to maintain its current level.

Maintaining: The skill will not advance or consume EXP if used. It will only consume pooled EXP when the avatar dies, to maintain its current level and negate accumulated decay. Skills below the minimum level to learn their dependant skill cannot be set to Maintain.

Not Training: The skill will never consume EXP. If the skill is at, or below, a required minimum level (such as when a “parent skill” must meet a minimum skill level as a prerequisite in order to acquire points in a dependent “child skill”), then that skill’s level will not decay.

Unlearning: The skill will never consume EXP. The skill will quickly lose experience as other skills gain experience. A portion of the experience deducted from the skill will be refunded back into the Experience pool. All skills with levels greater than 80 will give back 100% experience when unlearning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.