Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

When did Graff Gem Mines get harder?

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Pleione, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

I'm use to the two guys in the entrance, and various NPCs throughout the mine, but it use to be persistent with regard to NPCs. e.g. Once you killed them, you could work your way through the mine. Now it appears that Kobald Warriors and Hardened Skeleton are respawning?

The archers also seem to be able to shoot through some of the rock walls...

Suffice it to say that my progress has been quite limited, despite full copper augmented armor, level 30ish heavy armor skills, level 60 polearm combat, and mid-30s earth innates.

2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Kolbold and Satyr warriors were always in Graff Mines. Maybe you are thinking of the Red bandits in the Owl's Next mine?

3. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Those are what I referenced as "Various NPCs throughout the mine". The big change since I last played this areas (probably R26) is the addition of hardened skeleton archers and the fact that some of the NPCs appear to respawn now.

Oh, and getting shot through walls... that is fun.

Moiseyev Trueden and Chatele like this.
  4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The mines have changed quite a bit this release. They changed spawners for mobs, etc. New mobs were added and now they redrawn If you hang around to long in one area. And they'll be there when you come back through.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  5. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

I think I had 4 archers on me at one point - I didn't last long. When I retreated, I came across the re-spawns that finished me off.

I don't mind the adds, but the respawns just made this area unplayable for me at my current level. Unfortunately, the next equipment upgrade for me requires gems and jewels, so I rather need this mine. That said, my main need are rubies - are they available in any mine that is now easier than this one?

6. agra

agra Avatar

My notes say:
    outdoor red crystals brisach maple forest R28

But I too would like an answer to your question, if possible, with respect to mines.
    In R28, I saw the following, personally:

red, ruby, fire, sorcery - ?
    blue, sapphire, water, tempestry - elysium(very few),
    green, emerald, earth, gaiaism - graff
    yellow, citrine, air, theurgy - ?
    orange, garnet, sun, atenism - graff
    purple, amethyst, moon, lunaism - graff
    white, diamond, life, thaumaturgy - elysium, graff
    black, onyx, death, necromancy - ?

and my list of mines is currently: elysium SW, etceter SW, graff NE, serpent spine M, spectral SE, verdantis NW, owl's nest HV.

hystrange and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  7. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Thanks, I was about to put the game away for awhile, now I need to go check out that maple forest!

(minor problem, patch 409 is uploading!)

Confirmed: There by Ruby crystals here! (... and a lot of Large Brown Spiders to keep the hordes away)

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  8. agra

agra Avatar

Also, I've just checked, and as per the "new gem locations" post R28, and in R29, Verdantis is the mine that is the primary source of rubies. Secondary source there are Sapphires (blue), and tertiary garnets (orange). The ore in verdantis is copper, although there was a single silver vein on the top level. kobolds/undead, basically a copy of graff. In the first geothermal spring room, it's primarily rubies. In the second lower geothermal spring room it's a mix of rubies and sapphires.
    [​IMG]

9. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Thanks!

10. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Ok - probably a stupid question, but how do you get into the Verdantis mine? I assume its in the Verdantis Foothills area, and someplace close to the flooded strip mine?

11. agra

agra Avatar

As you enter Verdantis Foothills, the pit mine is on your left. If you go to it, then bear right, the path crosses a river, then goes into a prisoner area filled with cages, out in the open. Adjacent to that caged area is a track stop & mining track that leads into the Mine scene. There is an arched rock exit/entrance near that point, back to the Novia overworld. So if you find that near the cages, you're close.

12. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

WelL, that is odd. I went left down a path away from the pit mine, found a couple of side paths that led to collapsed entrances, then finally on open one. It claims its the Verdantis Mine, but so far, its identical to the Graff Mine - less the NPCs. Just found it a few minutes ago though, so just getting started.

13. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

As of R28, citrine could be found in the tunnels at the bottom of The Rise. Expect to die a lot, but there are ankhs aplenty:) Don't know if it has changed for R29 - I really really want some but couldn't even think of going there right now.

14. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The cave in Highvale always had 2 or three ruby nodes, so it's worth taking a look if you happen to be in the scene.

15. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

HOW are we suppose to do these mines IN SPO?

16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Level up for a few days, at least, that's what I'd do. :)

Alexander and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  17. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Should not have to do that for single play online.... I don't mind being 2 or 3 lvl's above to be able to survive, but i find as an Archer I need to be much higher....

18. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I'm curious as to why you think this? I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but this is a progression based rpg, not the sims.

Alexander and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  19. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I know that, but SINGLE player to me means..... I don't need a group to do ANYTHING.... it all should be SOLOABLE, and not have me to be multiple lvl's above what I need to kill with same lvl critters to do it.... A lot of the dungeons ARE really hard to do solo .... just saying ....

20. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I know.. and I'm just saying I'm a solo player, I rarely group, and it's not to get to resources I want/need. I think there's going to be a lot of old areas that will get MORE difficult as the game progresses in development.. I'd get used to leveling some skills I guess? :)

Alexander, Noric and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.