Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

When fighting 3+ minions at a time outdoors, there are ocassionally super minions that don't die

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Dwalin Bombardin, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dwalin Bombardin

Dwalin Bombardin Avatar

In Deep Ravenswood when I was lower alvl, I found that when I tried to fight more than 1 Elder Wolf, say 3, sometimes I would kill all but one that still had close to full health. Back then I was a plate/blade melee warrior... so obviously I never leashed or kited LOL.

Now I have specialized in aoe fire magic and can kill up to 10 wolves at a time. I pay special attention to "dodge" sprites and enemy hp bars, to maneuver until the enemy no longer has this immunity. In fact, there are plenty of times when I'm right up against a crowd of minions and my fireball lands, and voila, all the "dodge" sprites pop up. And they are hitting me hard LOL.

Back then, I didn't understand why there would be a God Wolf, but now I understand there is a mechanism to protect against leashing and exploiters of terrain combat.

I just wanted to point out that the newer players may have to face this mechanic and get discouraged that they are being punished for something that far more advanced players have done (e.g. terrain combat in brightbone that I just missed out on lol).

So my recommendation is that yes there needs to be protection against exploits against the system, and at the same time, protect the newer players that may not understand that there are such measures in place.

I suppose I could have just kept doing 1 Elder Wolf at a time back then, but I was thinking 2-handed blades strike up to 3 targets at a time, so why not!

I actually really enjoy the combat mechanics. Just some quirkiness here and there that will be smoothed out over time and testing, which is my objective here. Cheers,

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    Acred likes this.
  2. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I think some of it is also the Cover system. If you have that many enemies, they may be giving each other cover somehow... I've been noticing such occurrence with my own summoned pets getting between my target and myself and allowing the enemy to dodge everything I have - melee or ranged - unless I re-position.

Acred and Xandra7 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.