Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

When my new character first approaches the guards at the Resolute gate, they dont chat aboutopengate

Discussion in 'Release 60 QA Feedback' started by Kelly O'Shay, Nov 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

11/08/2018 00:17
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12212
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.QA.Win.64.762.Date.11.07.18
    Area: Novia_R6_City_Resolute
    Area Display Name: Resolute
    Loc: (-1.4, 77.4, -283.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9SZXNvbHV0ZXx8KC0xLjQzMywgNzcuMzg4LCAtMjgyLjk3NCl8KDAsIDAuMTAyLCAwLCAwLjk5NSl8MTEuNjU3NTl8MjMuMjc2ODV8Ni45ODUyODM=

When a new character approaches the Resolute gate, the guard should forcefully engage him or her in a conversation and tell them that the only way to get into Resolute is to ask the guard to open the gate for you.

I have seen so many new players standing around outside Resolute waiting for someone to come out so they can run into the town. Why? It just might be that they dont know that you have to ask the guard to open the gate for them.

And, the new players are already used to npcs opening conversation with them because that kid in isle of storms kept starting the conversation himself, and Arabella started the conversation herself, etc. So it would not surprise a new player if a guard started the conversation.

But, it would confound a new player if they went up to the Resolute gate and tried and tried to pull down that gate handle to no avail.

[​IMG]

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Did you know that you can reach through the gate and operate the inside handle? That just seems like the kind of key-under-the-doormat thing I would expect from an Ultima game, too. At first (confirmed with the working R32 I found a couple of months ago) it only worked west gate, then not long after that it was all four gates.

I don't want NPCs bothering me for something I can do myself! Well, I guess I'm okay with the fist pump I usually get from Janet Kallen by the time the gate finishes opening. Maybe the guards could bark every 30 seconds or so if they see someone standing there.

...and then there was the time I was in Resolute last week and the gate was apparently stuck open. Never a dull moment.

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report. Issue #62844

4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Y'know what? Pulling that outside handle should probably get the guard's attention, instead of doing literally nothing. Then the guards wouldn't bother you unless you were having a problem, or about to have a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.