Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

When will we see more than one entrance to towns?

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Svahn, Aug 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

I wonder when or if we will be able to select which entrance / spawn point to end up in when entering towns from the overworld map?
    A "simple" selection box would do the trick interface wise.
    Of course this is should only be applicable to those towns that have multiple exits to the overworld map, there are a few of these.
    To me it makes no sense to have many exits but only one entrance.

Would any dev like to comment if this will happen sometime?
    Or has this perhaps been talked about in a telethon?

Spinok, Maeryck and coder1024 like this.
  2. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I don't think we are going to get this anytime soon, it was something about the engine.. I think it was basically something like to be able to use 4 entrances we would need 4 objects on the overland map to hook to, and the close proximity causes problems.
    Basically we would just end up with a very cluttered map, and not much benefit, and if they introduced such a feature now after land rush, people would scream, because it would totally change the dynamic of which lots were perceived as the best lots in a town.

3. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

The OP's suggestion would not require 4 entrances only 1 entrance and then a window which would pop-up and ask you which entrance you wanted to use. Having multiple entrances would not require multiple objects on the overland map, once you were prompted the engine could internally decide which entrance to use based on your response :)

Svahn and Spinok like this.
  4. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Absolutely agree. We need this. Also when you came to any "not main" exit location this goes to journal, so may bee devs thought about this. Hope we will see it soon. Also it is absolutely logic.

People scream about anything, becouse in general they are weak and dont want to adapt. They dont want to collect reagents, they dont want to make arrows, they want to buy them both, they dont want to spend hours of crafting for top level armor, they want to sell blade which cost 2k for twenty(to understand this you can check vendors in the entrance of Owl Head, guys you really think it is good price for goods???) and many many more. It is a sandbox MMO it should be diffictult it is not Sims. They dont want to think what will be good for universe, they just think what will be good for them. So imho if it is only problem it is not problem at all.

Svahn likes this.
  5. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

I agree, everything points to selectable entrances happening. I too hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.