Where buy an Aether Vibration Amplifier.

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Jurten, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

You can listen to it right now without the device.

Just click on this link: http://avatarsradio.com/

Amber Raine likes this.
  2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

We can go in the kitchen and cook food too, isn't that great we don't need a stove in the game! Seriously, that is not a valid argument at all.

3. Drocis the Devious

Seriously I think it is. The only difference is that you can't click on an in-game device to trigger the same effect.

4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

If I play music on my computer, people in the game do not hear it. It is the same with cooking... I can make an omelet at home, but I can't share it with anyone.

5. Drocis the Devious

That's not true. SOTA radio plays the same thing at the same time. If you're going to share it, all you need to do is turn it on at the same time someone else turns it on. You're listening to the same thing. You're sharing it.

The game doesn't (and won't) let you turn it on and make other people listen to it. So the ONLY difference is that you turn it on with the radio in the game, and I turn it on with a link outside of the game...the experience is otherwise identical.

6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

You know this is weak right? Why not trying to make a valid argument instead, because this one is losing weight form all directions?

7. Drocis the Devious

I'm totally serious. I have no idea why you'd think it was a weak argument. If we're all listening to the same music at the same time and the radios can be shared with anyone you want in the same room (which is all true) then I don't see why someone has to have the ability to get the same functionality (as basic as it is).

I have no idea why this is so important to you. It's a red box that you click on instead of pressing alt-tab and going to the website manually. You can LITERALLY click on somoene elses red box if you so desire and they grant you permission.

Tahru likes this.
  8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Out of respect, I am not going to say anything further. But out of mutual respect, please think it over and I am sure it will come to you.

9. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Okay seriously, I do not think there needs to be an argument over this.

First - I should personally find it offensive that not everyone is being able to get a radio - Why? Because *I* am the radio! as are the other 15 people on the Avatars Radio team! (currently) Yet, we are not upset at all. Am disappointed. Sure. But not at a rate that I am going to have a fit....

Some say - we spend a lot of money to get this item - well I pay to keep it running. over (deleted ) for that matter. To keep the station running, out of my own pocket. Do I whine that the device is or is not going to everyone? No...

am I disappointed? Sure. But to be honest.. the station was not EVER originally to do that. The station was created to be a thing for the community. To bring music from earth and new britannia. We have *Always* had a web site.. for many months that was the only place it could be heard.

Portalarium put TEARS in my eyes when they offered this last year. I was beside myself with the amount that meant to me. NOT because "omg i got this" but because it meant the community really appreciated what was being created, as did Portalarium. Yes... that was what it was created for. The community to enjoy something.

The website is *not* going away. The station is available on MANY websites now, as well as going into the new Phone App created by Matterio. Yes it is true that the Amplifier is a fun little device. But that fun little device is just one extra way to listen to the tracks the DJs bring. There are many others venues.

Would i like there to be a device in every house that enjoys Avatars Radio (or future radio stations?) Heck yes!! Will i complain about it? No.... because there are OTHER ways to get the same thing!

Now if they created a completely different one.. put it on the add-on store.. and people could BUY It... that not only gives devices everywhere but it also gives Portalarium money to work with.. that would be a thing..

AND before i hear it again from ANYONE... NO we do NOT get ANYTHING for A.R station (or future ones created by others) IN GAME, it was again *not* what it was created for! I swear, that argument is getting old. We do it because we LOVE YOU ALL! so show some love to each other as well!

Remember, the community. All for the community. LOVE THE COMMUNITY!

Take it as you will.. i just got tired of it.

Jurten, Themo Lock, Asclepius and 5 others like this.
  10. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Yes, I do know that.

Amber Raine likes this.
  11. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I understand @DarkStarr's concern that a unique pledge reward needs to be unique.

That being said, I also understand @Amber Raine's concern that we want Avatar Radio to be accessible by all.

First off, having a few radios placed in public places does help. But I'd like to offer a proposal.

There was a recipe in game at one point to craft the radio. Re-enable this recipe, but have the crafted version slightly different. If I recall, the code submitted for the in-game object supported multiple audio feeds, but that feature isn't live in the game. What if you could change the channel to one that just played the game soundtrack as well? If the pledge version had that additional feature, it would now be unique as a pledge reward and different from the crafted version (which could also have a different color texture).

12. Amber Raine

You mistake what i was saying - Ender. I was saying I am *not* complaining about it. I was tired of hearing 2 people for days fighting over it ;)

Actually I am just as happy with how it is now , as I would be if it was not as it is now.(note that does not mean there is not disappointment. It means the feelings would not change either way) I just tired of the different arguments popping up about it. And I sat quietly for days watching this thread. I could not take it any further without saying as I did.

My point was - there is a website, it was always intended to be a website. Portalarium gave us love when they put the device in the game. It was a sign of respect and appreciation. Yet I would have been doing exactly what I am doing now, even if it had not ever been put in the game :)

I do also mention the creation of - other stations - would be a thing, could be a thing. I'm even willing to TEACH how to do that thing ;)

Gabriel Nightshadow and Tahru like this.
  13. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Amber Raine, I am a big fan an truly appreciate what you do for the community as well as I enjoy listening to the radio you provide. And you should have a donation box or something if it costs that much, because it is only fair that you should not share the burden alone. But this debate has nothing to do with AvatarsRadio.com, so there is no need to take it personally.

14. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

There is actually a donation button on the main page of avatarsradio.com. Silly me for not checking... I sent in a small contribution for the great work Amber is doing.

15. Amber Raine

Again, point missed. Not taken personally (said that)....

Whole intent was simply to point out the multitude of places it can be heard... :rolleyes:

I will withdraw myself from the conversation....

Thank you Tahru - Your voice has been recently one of the loudest for the station and the device...

Even if the point is missed.... :)

16. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

EXACTLY, clearly what Amber is saying here is we need dragons and we need them now! *starts slow clap*

17. Amber Raine

clearly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.