Where Did My Combat Alerts Go? - Parried, Dodge, Glancing Blow, Etc.

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Nog, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nog

Nog Avatar

For the first few weeks I had my character, I'd see notifications on the screen in combat for things like "Parry," "Glancing Blow," and "Dodge." This is useful because some special abilities are to be used in response to a specific condition (eg. Riposte after you see a "Parried").

I'm not seeing these notifications in combat anymore! I can't figure out how they got turned off, if this is a bug, and how to turn these combat notifications back on.

What changed? Not sure exactly. Recently I delved into creating a deck instead of using the basic starter tiles. I'm not sure why this would matter and make my combat alerts vanish. I also had unchecked some combat boxes under the gear icon in the chat/bottom-left window. But I checked the boxes back in case this was the source of the problem, but checking them back on has not reset my combat notifications.

Does anyone know how to get my "Parry" and "Dodge" alerts back? I don't see anything in interface or controls that governs this.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  2. Nog

Nog Avatar

Let me try this angle. For all other players out there who've graduated to using the deck system, are you still seeing red lettered alerts on screen when you are in combat for things like "Parried," "Dodge," and "Glancing Blow"?

I'm trying to determine if this issue is unique to me and why I'm suddenly seeing absolutely no combat effect alerts/information.

The game now offering no combat info. makes using combat abilities reliant on certain criteria (eg. Parry, Dodge) a significant obstacle.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

have you tried pressing the N key in-game... it could just be hidden... because I still see them... screenshot below just taken...

[​IMG]

Nog likes this.
  4. Nog

Nog Avatar

Thank you so much, Kab. This was the problem.

At some point in combing through the interface/controls, it occurred to me that (N)ameplates might have been the issue. When I turned (N) on, I saw an extra health bar and name plate above my toon and thought, "No, that's not what I'm looking for."

But I just tested it and your tip did bring back the combat alerts! So simple I overlooked it <humiliation>.

Jaesun, Kabalyero and majoria70 like this.
  5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Don't fret. I had the same question but you beat me to it.

Nog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.