Where is everyone!!!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by mikedx, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

I am constantly running by people on the world map and in towns, I have a friendlist at several hundred, and I see close to a hundred on at most times and I am still constantly adding 10-20 people every location I visit. Regardless of numbers this does not feel like a ghost town game at all.

2. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Welcome!

mikedx likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well and I do have to say this because ummmm ummmm I am me maybe. I am looking at the new group system today and I see guild advertisements and and awesome group made from Rada. We may prefer to play this game our own way and keep to ourselves but there are players out there that need us to come out of our caves once in a while.

Last night when I decided to make my first looking for group session it was not all about me but testing the system and meeting other players. I could have stayed busily puttering on my new concert hall or crafting wood pulps for blank sheet musics or a ton of other things, but I did for a little while go group with some fellow avatars. It was great because then @Chrystoph Reis joined us and our little Deep Ravenswood group went to the Rise.

I then found out that we can change the name of our group and I put all invited in the title too. I hope we get some more cool things like an ability to say more about the group and what we are looking for. For now we are limited to the title subject space which is not a lot of space to say much. It would be wonderful if we could click some choices of looking for things like tank, dps, healing etc.

Anyway I thought about making a thread on things we still need on our new looking for group feature, but I have not done it yes. So anyway the point is to call to arms and make a group once in a while, not always but perhaps occasional and show some team spirit or don't of course, but just sayin. We actually had a great time and it was amazing for remembering how to operate in a group and to watch out for the other person like we had to in WOW and many other games while fighting bosses and PvP groups. We forget how to do teamwork and watch out for each other and this is a great reminder that we can do this here too.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Hornpipe, mikedx and Luca Xante like this.
  4. mikedx

mikedx Avatar

Wait, what's this?

5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Well, it's no longer called that anymore. It's now called "Private", but it's essentially the same thing. You can still teleport to your friends list, but they are not visible in the game world. Plus you can fight enemies and harvest resources without competing with other players.

Luca Xante likes this.
  6. bloodluv

bloodluv Avatar

Press Keypad 0 for Nearby Players if youre in multiplayer mode

By Tor likes this.
  7. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Welcome to the SotA family, Mikedx! I like to type in "/who" in the chat box which will tell you the other players in whatever zone you happen to be in (works on the overland map as well). If you need some help or have a question, just whisper to a player from the "Nearby Players" box that "/who" will pull up. The community is a friendly one and 9 times out of 10, any player will be happy to help you out.

8. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Great point @By Tor , and @mikedx - you can also use "/zone <message>" to just ask everyone who's nearby to you the same thing (in case you don't want to whisper to a specific person but everyone).

Please feel free to add me as a friend in-game, "Benjamin Hroth"!

By Tor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.